Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm trying to get a raspberry pi 3B to act as a dashboard but i get an error. I have been a windows user for too many years and can only get further in linux with written instructions, so i want to know if it's even possible.

Here is the error i get:
Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/embed/swing/JFXPanel
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2701)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetMethodRecursive(Class.java:3048)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:3018)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1784)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.validateMainClass(LauncherHelper.java:544)
at sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:526)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javafx.embed.swing.JFXPanel
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 7 more

I try to start the application through a terminal and the command 'java -jar Telemetry.jar'
The java version i installed is 1.8.0_65. Java SE runtime.

I'm trying to get a raspberry pi 3B to act as a dashboard but i get an error....

Here is the error i get:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/embed/swing/JFXPanel
I try to start the application through a terminal and the command 'java -jar Telemetry.jar'
The java version i installed is 1.8.0_65. Java SE runtime.

Your Rasperry pi Java version doesn't have javafx installed. So you should see, how you can get it installed. Quick Google search with 'rasperry pi 3 java install javafx' brought some discussions, which might be of help.

Cheers

Your Rasperry pi Java version doesn't have javafx installed. So you should see, how you can get it installed. Quick Google search with 'rasperry pi 3 java install javafx' brought some discussions, which might be of help.

Cheers
Thanks for the answer, i solved my problem with an old netbook with windows.
This works good but the fonts in the driving info tab good be a little bit larger. In particular the tyre temps.

hi, i've solved some problems but i think not all of them seen that the app is still not working...
feedtester works, but the strange tihing is that it work even if i send packets to 127.0.0.1 or to 192.168.0.5 (real pc ip) ..... first question to try to solve is: is it ok that pressing S on Telemetry tab the program says that it is listening to 127.0.0.1:20777 ?
upload_2018-1-4_4-50-23.png

hi, i've solved some problems but i think not all of them seen that the app is still not working...
feedtester works, but the strange tihing is that it work even if i send packets to 127.0.0.1 or to 192.168.0.5 (real pc ip) ..... first question to try to solve is: is it ok that pressing S on Telemetry tab the program says that it is listening to 127.0.0.1:20777 ?
View attachment 229179
Hi i solvd allmost all my problems, the only remaining thing is that on DRIVER DNA only 1 lap on 34 is loaded when required to load....

Great App, but It suddenly stops regularly. Every session I do it stops and I have to restart it. Usually have to restart it 2 or 3 times in a race. Can you help?

You could try to limit the amount of memory used by the tool. Use the command line option -Xmx1024m (1 GB of memory for the app) or -Xmx2048m (2 GB of memory for the app).

If this doesn't help, let me know.

Cheers.

Telemetry App started working a bit strange for me, and I'm not sure if that's game itself not working or maybe some sort of bug, but the Telemetry app just stops getting the data from the game randomly. Sometimes it works for a few minutes, sometimes it works for a bit longer, but then it just stops receiving data; occasionally it starts getting the data again. A bit strange situation, I'll try to investigate what might be the problem.

Telemetry App started working a bit strange for me, and I'm not sure if that's game itself not working or maybe some sort of bug, but the Telemetry app just stops getting the data from the game randomly. Sometimes it works for a few minutes, sometimes it works for a bit longer, but then it just stops receiving data; occasionally it starts getting the data again. A bit strange situation, I'll try to investigate what might be the problem.

Ok. I have been traveling and I haven't played the game for a month, i.e. not since 1.11 came out. I expect to have some time for testing at the end of this week earliest.

Cheers

Sorry for the stupid question that might be also off topic but...I've alwais wanted to learn how to "read" and understand telemetry..understand where, when and why you are loosing time in that corner etc...so i'm asking...is there any resource on the web that can help me improve the understanding of telemetry?? Thank you! :)

Sorry for the stupid question that might be also off topic but...I've alwais wanted to learn how to "read" and understand telemetry..understand where, when and why you are loosing time in that corner etc...so i'm asking...is there any resource on the web that can help me improve the understanding of telemetry?? Thank you! :)

There is not much quality material on the actual use of the telemetry. I think the best I have found is the one at Scabs F1 https://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/08/18/telemetry-and-data-analysis-introduction/

Another good basic info is at https://visual.ly/blog/telemetry-uses-data-visualization-to-take-race-cars-to-the-next-level/
https://visual.ly/blog/telemetry-uses-data-visualization-to-take-race-cars-to-the-next-level/
Cheers.

Firstly, Thanks Iko for this fantastic software!
The only annoying thing I've encountered is to scroll endless times to get a good zoom level to investigate throttle/brake paddle position in the telemetry tab. It would be a lot easier if there was a button and a textbox (to choose the zoom %) that let's you zoom to a specific value.

The attached file shows how I imagine it to look like:

Attachments

• Telemetry Tool Idea.jpg
    Telemetry Tool Idea.jpg
    405.7 KB · Views: 391
Firstly, Thanks Iko for this fantastic software!
The only annoying thing I've encountered is to scroll endless times to get a good zoom level to investigate throttle/brake paddle position in the telemetry tab. It would be a lot easier if there was a button and a textbox (to choose the zoom %) that let's you zoom to a specific value.

The attached file shows how I imagine it to look like:

Hello,

I don't like to add more non-Telemetry UI elements to the tool. I think I will add a key shortcut [Z]oom for zooming into the graphs, i.e. the Z key would toggle the zoom levels, maybe 1, 2, 4, 8 and 16 zooms. That might be the least intrusive way. I will look into this.

Maybe I could do a small release still for F1 2017. I have added some other test ideas into the tool, which might be nice to take public. Biggest of these is the option to compare many laps in the Telemetry Graph area and a "diff" line, which shows difference in braking, steering and throttle graphs.

Cheers

Hello All,

Thanks for great app. If anyone has any free time could someone fast provide me with the lap data for 3 laps in grand prix mode at melbourne using mercedes car? I would like to have a reference race and laps of someone better than me( I am very bad).

I can't seem to find this data anywhere. Much appreciated,

Hello,
Thank you very much for this great tool. I will be able to progress quickly.
Is it possible to add data from another faster driver? If yes, where will I find this data and how do I add it?
Thanks
Nossam

Hello everybody. Recently I discovered this application and I followed all the steps that are discussed in this thread to make it work. But unfortunately I have not succeeded. It seems that there is a problem when writing the lap time files. I leave a screenshot of the application where it says: Saving laptimes into a file: FALSE.
When executing the test in comand pront the application if it receives data and shows them but no file is saved in the folder "lapdata". have windows 10, but I do not have microsoft office installed. Could this be the problem?
upload_2018-3-28_11-16-54.png

Hello everybody. Recently I discovered this application and I followed all the steps that are discussed in this thread to make it work. But unfortunately I have not succeeded. It seems that there is a problem when writing the lap time files. I leave a screenshot of the application where it says: Saving laptimes into a file: FALSE.
When executing the test in comand pront the application if it receives data and shows them but no file is saved in the folder "lapdata". have windows 10, but I do not have microsoft office installed. Could this be the problem?
View attachment 243267

Hmm, I will check if the default value is wrong in 6.2. I moved some stuff around for it and I might have accidentally made the default be false.

You can fix this by going to the 'Options' -> 'General Settings' and there click the "Save players laptimes also to a separate file" and make sure it is enabled, then click on the save. Restart the app.

Cheers.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies