Resource icon

Misc Telemetry Application 6.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Iko Rein submitted a new resource:

Telemetry Application - New version of the Telemetry application. This one is meant only for F1 2017

Hello,

Version for F1 2017 is here.

The new version uses the data format of V1.3 of F1 2017, so you need to have the latest update in order to use this.

Biggest changes:
  • Added AI car data in many views, like the Map panel, the minimap in Telemetry panel and added new RawAIData panel.
  • Added RaceHistory panel. This shows in a really nice way what happened during the race. The format is same as in the race reports at James Allen on F1 uses.
  • Added 'Alternative Color' option...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
Some more screenshots:

Old map panel with the AI cars.
v6.0_p003.png

New 'alternative colors' with no fill (press key 'A' and then key 'F' to make the map look like this).
v6.0_p001.png

Race History graph.
v6.0_p008.png

Race AI raw data.
v6.0_p005.png

Cheers, Iko

It is not really clear to me how to use this for xbox one. I am not getting any output from my xbox to the application.

UDP is turned on. My IP is set in the game and the port matches. Please help :)

It is not really clear to me how to use this for xbox one. I am not getting any output from my xbox to the application.

UDP is turned on. My IP is set in the game and the port matches. Please help :)

Any xbox one users out there?

If the IP is set and port matches, then it should be good.

Are you sure, there is no firewall blocking the traffic? Have your tried, if the Feedtester works?
  1. First start the Telemetry application
  2. run 'java -classpath Telemetry.jar f1_telemetry.F1FeedTester' from the command line.
  3. If the FeedTester works, you should see cars on the Map tab and some data on the RaceHistory and the RawRaceAI tabs.
  4. If the local data transfer works, then you need to check, why there is not traffic from the xbox to your system.

Cheers,

Any xbox one users out there?

If the IP is set and port matches, then it should be good.

Are you sure, there is no firewall blocking the traffic? Have your tried, if the Feedtester works?
  1. First start the Telemetry application
  2. run 'java -classpath Telemetry.jar f1_telemetry.F1FeedTester' from the command line.
  3. If the FeedTester works, you should see cars on the Map tab and some data on the RaceHistory and the RawRaceAI tabs.
  4. If the local data transfer works, then you need to check, why there is not traffic from the xbox to your system.

Cheers,

Not sure what's wrong. Ran feedtester. A commandpromp popped up real quick then disappeared. No feed in the tool..

I wish there was a way to sort the RAW AI DATA. So you could make a live timing list.

1 HAM 0.000
2 BOT +1.345
3. VET +2.952
4. RAI +9.438

This is something, I was thinking, if I should do it. Or if I should create a live timing tab, where you could sort the data bit more ways. I will look into this.

//Cheers,

Not sure what's wrong. Ran feedtester. A commandpromp popped up real quick then disappeared. No feed in the tool..
Hmm,
So you
1) start the Telemetry tool and it runs, you can change tabs etc.
2) you did run from the command prompt the feedtester on the same computer, When you start the feedtester from the command prompt, you should see something like this:
===================
> java -classpath Telemetry.jar f1_telemetry.F1FeedTester
Usage
Use -ip IPADDRESS -port PORT -file inbound telemetry file -simple

Connecting to 127.0.0.1:20777
Create F1 2017 UDP feed
Total packets sent: 100
===================
3) And the Telemetry tool listens to traffic at the port 20777 and the Feedtester sends the data to the port 20777. (Both settings are default, if you have not made any changes.)

If this doesn't produce anything on the Telemetry tool, i.e. on the RAW AI DATA you should see the "LAST" column data changing or in "Race History" you should see the graphs changing. If this does not happen, then the problem is in your computer, maybe you blocked the Telemetry Tool to accept connections or something.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hmm,
So you
1) start the Telemetry tool and it runs, you can change tabs etc.
2) you did run from the command prompt the feedtester on the same computer, When you start the feedtester from the command prompt, you should see something like this:
===================
> java -classpath Telemetry.jar f1_telemetry.F1FeedTester
Usage
Use -ip IPADDRESS -port PORT -file inbound telemetry file -simple

Connecting to 127.0.0.1:20777
Create F1 2017 UDP feed
Total packets sent: 100
===================
3) And the Telemetry tool listens to traffic at the port 20777 and the Feedtester sends the data to the port 20777. (Both settings are default, if you have not made any changes.)

If this doesn't produce anything on the Telemetry tool, i.e. on the RAW AI DATA you should see the "LAST" column data changing or in "Race History" you should see the graphs changing. If this does not happen, then the problem is in your computer, maybe you blocked the Telemetry Tool to accept connections or something.

Cheers

Reïnstalled Java. Made sure my network is accepted as is. Made no changes to the settings. Still not working..

Reïnstalled Java. Made sure my network is accepted as is. Made no changes to the settings. Still not working..

If you cannot connect with the feedtester from within the same computer to the Telemetry Tool, then your configuration is totally strange. I have never seen such situation where you cannot connect to service/tool running in the same computer, unless your firewall and anti virus are set to prevent networking.

Maybe you can PM me the following
- Start the Telemetry tool, in the Telemetry tab, press key S, so that the application information (like listening port etc) are visible.
- Start command prompt in the same computer, where you run the Telemetry tool. Run there the feedtester and let it run until the Total Packets sent reaches 200
- Take a screenshot, which shows both windows at the same time
- PM me that screenshot

Cheers.

Last edited:
Just to remind everyone, you can see the different key commands in the different tabs by pressing key H (i.e. Help) in the tab.

Some keys:
C - Change the track (in all tabs)
E - Change the event (in all tabs)
CTRL-S, save current settings (in all tabs)

• In Telemetry tab you can press key i for infobox, key r to see the revs per gear graph. Mouse scroll zooms the graph and mouse drag moves the graphs around
  • In RaceInfo there are few keys to show different data and to sort the data differently
  • In Race History key R toggles the view
  • In Map mouse scroll zooms, CTRL+mouse scroll rotates the map and drag moves it around. Press CTRL-S to save the position of the map. Key A changes coloring scheme and key F toggles the map fill
  • Graphs, key Y and X change the value on the Y and X axis
  • Lap Comparison mouse works like in Map
  • Driver DNA mouse works like in Telemetry tab
  • Raw data (enable in settings.xml) and Raw AI data mouse scroll changes size of the text
Cheers.

Hello Iko,
thank you very much for the many work you have done for this app.
I have 3 questions:
Where can I see the top speed of the lap?
Is there a value for the Ride Height?
What settings are necessary for this app to run on a different PC than the game?
Thank you

First of all... AWESOME APP! Thanks for making this dude, I sent ya a donation because it's well deserved. I have a couple of questions and a few requests.

I see in some of the screenshots for the telemetry screen, that the map is bigger and there are more buttons available than what I have. Is there a way to show these buttons on the side such as suspension (I don't have those), and is there a way to resize the map on the telemetry screen?

Where is the AI data stored? I press "S" on the telemetry screen and it says that track and save AI data is enabled, but I don't see the files anywhere in the directories. Is there a way to load AI telemetry to compare to mine by using theirs as a reference file?

It would be nice if I could change the background of the telemetry page to black like I can the other tabs.

If you could sort the AI page, or have a lap time tab with differentials sorted by rank--as they do on TV. That way my buddy can call out times to me and let me know how far people are.

Multiple application instances or windows would be nice. That way on my multiple monitors I could have different tabs opened up simultaneously.

Hello Iko,
thank you very much for the many work you have done for this app.
I have 3 questions:
Where can I see the top speed of the lap?
Is there a value for the Ride Height?
What settings are necessary for this app to run on a different PC than the game?
Thank you
For top speed, there are is one indirect way. In the telemetry tab press key i (i for info). This shows some stats for the lap, including the speeds per gear. So then the max speed on 8th gear is the top speed.
For ride height, there is data for the suspensions position, which relates to the ride height. But there is no direct value for it. If your car bottom hits the ground, i think the vertical g-force could be nice indicator, but i need to investigate that.
To run the app on different PC, just set the IP address in game's settting to point to the othee computer's IP address.

Cheers.

First of all... AWESOME APP! Thanks for making this dude, I sent ya a donation because it's well deserved. I have a couple of questions and a few requests.

I see in some of the screenshots for the telemetry screen, that the map is bigger and there are more buttons available than what I have. Is there a way to show these buttons on the side such as suspension (I don't have those), and is there a way to resize the map on the telemetry screen?
Firstly, your donation is greatly appreciated.

If you have smaller screen, less than 1200pixels high, then some of the buttons are not visible. But you can enable all graps via the graph settings. The map on the telemetry cannot be resized at the moment.

Where is the AI data stored? I press "S" on the telemetry screen and it says that track and save AI data is enabled, but I don't see the files anywhere in the directories. Is there a way to load AI telemetry to compare to mine by using theirs as a reference file?

The AI data is limited to the data shown in the AI raw data, i.e. Location and laptimes and some positional info. With the location data one could maybe draw some graphs, but not all, which are available for the players car. And there is no way to accurately e.g. See the braking points and gears of the AI cars, which I think would be interesting data to have.

It would be nice if I could change the background of the telemetry page to black like I can the other tabs.

Look at the settings.xml in the settings directory. There is setting which I think is "useAlternativeColorsInTelemetryTab" or like. Set it to true, you can edit the .xml file with e.g. Notepad. Then also the telemetry tab uses the black background. The reason it is not yet in the settings, is that I am not yet happy on how the graphs look on darker backgound.

If you could sort the AI page, or have a lap time tab with differentials sorted by rank--as they do on TV. That way my buddy can call out times to me and let me know how far people are.

6.1 will have this. I have been travelling for work the last two weeks, so the development has been on the back burner. Now I am at the airport on my way back, first to see the Singapore race and then I will have most likely some time to finish the 6.1 and release it,

Multiple application instances or windows would be nice. That way on my multiple monitors I could have different tabs opened up simultaneously.

This I need to investigate how to do it.

Cheers.

Does this show ride height? I see suspension position in the screenshot, but that's just suspension compression basically.

There is no ride height in the UDP data. And given what data is in the feed, I don't know if one can really calculate the ride height.

And you are right, the suspension position is just the suspension compression.

Cheers.

Iko Rein updated Telemetry Application with a new update entry:

Telemetry Application

New version.

Key updates:
  • As requested, added Race timing tab, which shows the race track order and the time delta to leader for each driver + some other data.
  • HTTP Server additions: Added /JSON/telemetrypacket and /JSON/aidata, first outputs all data in the latest UDP packet and second outputs basic data about other cars + time delta to the leader. (This was requested by someone, but I accidentally deleted the email before replying.)
  • Option to play sound,...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How to do multi screen with the Telemetry Application?

There have been some requests for this and now with 6.1 with the UDP feed redirect here is one solution using that.

Here is how it could look at your screen.
My current typical race setting:
my_race_view.png

And another if you are e.g. race engineer for someone else playing online:
race_leader.png

So how to get something like this accomplished. This is how I did it.

1) Have a working installation of the Telemetry Application

2) Modify the settings.xml file on that above working installation (in settings directory).

<!-- UDP traffic redirect options -->
<!-- UDP_1 redirect active -->
<entry key="out_1">true</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect IP -->
<entry key="out_1_ip">127.0.0.1</entry>
<!-- UDP_1 redirect PORT -->
<entry key="out_1_port">20778</entry>
<!-- UDP traffic redirect 2 options -->
<!-- UDP_2 redirect active -->
<entry key="out_2">true</entry>
<!-- UDP_2 redirect IP -->
<entry key="out_2_ip">127.0.0.1</entry>
<!-- UDP_2 redirect PORT -->
<entry key="out_2_port">20779</entry>

This redirects the UDP traffic to two different ports on the same computer, where the installation at 1) resides. (You could direct these to two different computers as well, you you have such an installation.)
3) Extract the Telemetry.zip to two locations, I have telemetry_out1 and telemetry_out2 directories, which contain 2 more installations. I set the the Telemetry Application in directory telemetry_out1 to listen to the port 20778 and the other in telemetry_out2 to listen to port 20779. For this you have to start both instances once and modify the settings via the General Settings or save the settings and the modify the files by hand (with e.g. Notepad).

4) Start the 1) and then the out1 and out2 instances and the game. When you play the game, both out1 and out2 should receive the data. If not, you did something wrong. :)

5) As an additional thing, you can turn of the tabs, you don't want (see the images). You can also remove the menu bar, if you don't like that. There are settings for these in the settings.xml file in the settings directory.

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back