Teamspeak

I have a problem that just popped up a couple days ago. When I login to TS I get a window that says:

TDSoundOut.Open(DirectSoundCreate) No Sound Driver Available for Use.

Now it still logs me in and I show up as in the Lounge, but there is a little red X through the symbol in front of my name.

I have a Logitech USB headset and I can hear all my programs, games, etc.

I reinstalled TS twice. I updated my sound drivers - did all the standard procedures, blah, blah, blah, but nothing.

I've also posted on TS's forums but I'm not getting anywhere. They don't have a solution.

Anybody here have that problem and solve it?

select settings/options within teamspeak and make sure you have the correct devices selected.

Attachments

• ts.jpg
    ts.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 398
  • Andrew Evans

jarp, it's called tsoverlay.... don't think it's developed anymore (last time i looked) but still gets ze job done....

It is maybe about time teamspeak got it's own section here instead of everything getting thrown into the same thread, the same questions get asked many times but with only one thread of countless pages it is hard to find the answer, and because they have been answered so often then it can be that those with the answers get sick of giving them over and over again.
Same with the fanatec wheels where it is also now lumped into one thread of even more countless pages. why? if stuff is old then move it to an archive but do we need to have it all on one thread?

I am looking for a headset for TeamSpeak. Preferably one I only hear the chat through, so I can hear the racing sounds through my speakers.
Can someone help me?
i doubt u will find a recommendation for that because most people recommend headsets that keep background noise out while u want to let it in :messed:

It should work if you have 2 soundcards, one for teamspeak and the other for everything else, then just buy the cheapest crappy set u can find, maybe even a phone operators style with one ear piece and boom mic, at least then with the cheap mic you have a chance of getting it positioned correctly

Thanks for the reply Neil.
But this is what Christopher posted:
Christopher Aponte said:
Yes you can have race sound true speakers and TS true headset. But that will work with a usb headset
Peter if you can get the budget up to 30 euro, then check one of the logitech usb headset. Those things do miracle ;)
So that should be possible as well, right?

I have a microphone headset that connects thru the microphone jack socket, which doesnt have any headphone speakers on it, it works a treat and enaables me to have the voice chat output thru my normal PC speakers. It was made by Labtec, however, having done a search online for it, i'm not sure that they make them anymore....

EDIT - I've now found that they are still available through Amazon US. Here is a link [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Labtec-LVA-7330-Clearvoice-Microphone-Shielded/dp/B00004Z6BL[/ame]

I just heard from Bram that if I only want to hear the chat through the headset I get echo's.
So what would be a good headset to hear also the racing sounds through?

EDIT: I will start a new thread about headsets.

Thanks for the reply Neil.
But this is what Christopher posted:

So that should be possible as well, right?

Peter, I do use a USB headset for ts while hearing the ingame sound on my pc speakers. It works like a charm, it just take longer to set correctly all sounds settings as to avoid echo.

I'm using a logitech headset I bought for a bit more than 20 euros. I can't remember which one exactly but i can find it if necessary. Anyway, the solution you are looking for works perfectly, at least for me :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.