Tc65 - Lotus Cortina @ Anderstorp - Thu 6th Dec

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 - Lotus Cortina (default)
Track: Anderstorp - (default) We are using the North and South layouts

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (23 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 (23 laps)

Note 1: Default Skins that come with the car only ( Default list ).
Note 2: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 3: Race 1- North track / Race 2 - South track

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Ross McGregor
  2. Senad Subasic
  3. Rupe Wilson
  4. Knut Omdal Tveito
  5. Rokas Charlapavicius
  6. Stefan Woudenberg
  7. Jack Smith 1
  8. Hans Sneep
  9. Philip Brown
  10. Leszek Porzezinski
  11. Warren Dawes
  12. Peter van Zanten
  13. Alberto Tescara
  14. Stuart Thomson
  15. Roland Warmenhoven
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Have a good session guys !

Would have signed up but off sickie :sick: this week ear infection can't do teamspeak.
Got some of my hearing back but will wait for check up with docs, And would you believe it I got new a new headset now Plantronics 780's in post this week :cry:

Sorry guy's for not racing (I couldn't tell you earlier and also didn't want to interrupt you just before the race, sorry for that). I was not able to join the server. When I entered the password the game would then just freeze for a few seconds and then return back to the server list screen. That was extremely weird (for me) because not only this combo was default's but also I tested it online (I was together with Stefan, he can testify as I remember him being in a Porsche). And to add to that I was able to join FR...something server that was also on the server list, but not the RD one. It was weird and I'm gutted for missing this....

Again I'm very sorry...:(:(:( (and I also apologize for the inconvenience).

Rokas, that happens to me all the time and I have to restart the game a few times until it goes away.

Race 1 was EPIC. As usual, I found myself behind Roland, one hard man to pass. He made a tiny mistake at the last right sweeper and I managed to carry just a bit more speed into T1 but I was forced to pass on the outside as I knew there was no way in hell Roly would just hand over the inside lol. VERY VERY fun race.

Race 2...As many of you know, I've been guilty of bumping into Stu a few times in the past few weeks. It looked as if I might have been doing the same to Ross and maybe others as I approached the last tight left before the finish line. There was no way I was gonna ruin anyone's race today, so I quit out before my car could slam into Ross or anyone else. I'm not sure if I would have been able to stop in time, but I was not about to risk it.

=

Race 2...As many of you know, I've been guilty of bumping into Stu a few times in the past few weeks. It looked as if I might have been doing the same to Ross and maybe others as I approached the last tight left before the finish line. There was no way I was gonna ruin anyone's race today, so I quit out before my car could slam into Ross or anyone else. I'm not sure if I would have been able to stop in time, but I was not about to risk it.

I'd just spotted you in the mirror and was moving over to the right, i think you would've been ok. Then i wondered where you went! Appreciate you ESC'd but i reckon it would've been fine, i'd much prefer you in the race.

Joined in late for race 2, got a couple of laps under my belt but nothing would prepare me for the mayhem ahead!
Firstly, ruined my qualie lap. Then in the race i was trying to move forward, made a reasonable start but then was behind Phil and someone else when they came together at the double right-hander at the end of the straight, so i was past both of them, until i was speared into the tyres somehow on the corner's exit... Getting back into it i was behind Leszek and he had a bit of a moment at the same place while i was aiming to brake super-late, ballsed this up and ended up sliding into Leszek and sending him off. Lost a heap of positions letting him through again, managed to overtake cleanly and set after the rest of the crew. Caught the pack up again, and ended up knocking into Phil's spinning car at the final turn (i think). Finally, i was in clear air, and set about catching Warren and Alberto ahead. With us all bunched together coming out of turn 1, i somehow avoided Alberto spearing across the track after having armfuls of oversteer, and this left me and Warren duking out to the line, where he rebuffed a 'McGregor feint' at the last turn!

Really enjoyed this race, thanks Rupe/Thommo & Knut for bringing us GTL club goodness, and well done Thommo for the win, and Ole MArius & Warren for completing the podium.

Had a fun afternoon/evening of racing, with lots of back and forth in both races. I was not that enthusiatic about the Cortina, but once I got onto it, and the short tracks, it turned out to be a lot of fun.

Race 1) Started 5th I think and slid back a few places on the start, Alberto made a nice pass on lap three and then I settled in to try and stay with him and the front group. Knut eventually caught us up and we had a good scrap for 5 or 6 laps till I finally had to yield as we where starting to lose the group ahead and I was also starting to get sloppy ( er ) Finished mid pack with a smile on my face.

Race2) Though a significant number did not run, I had a good quali and started 3rd., and had an ok start. On lap 3 Alberto slid wide turning in off the straight, and though I was on the grass to the inside still hit him from behind as he came accross the track. Then in the next corner could not get out of Ross's way as he came around us and had another tap with him, which put me off again, decieded to wait for Ross, so was behind most of the mid-pack by then.

This race was a lot more "spirited" in terms of contact and I have to admit I made a mess of Stefan's race trying to come up the inside of him off the straight several laps later. There really was no sensation of contact, and with so many red cars around me, I could not see ( on my 21" monoscreen) that he had gone off, so did not wait. Once again, my sincere apologies to Stefan.

Thanks for the fun night Rupe, and to the whole group who turned out for this night of close racing and entertainment, and congrates to the both Warren and Stuart on their winning form tonight!

OK as there was a few words mentioned on T/speak during and after race 2, I thought id better have a look at the replays. 1hour later i'd had a good look at the races
In places it looked good racing but at times I think some people were getting a little excited which resulted in not waiting after an incidents .. I would like you all to look at the replay of the second race and look at your driving please.(Roland has posted the file in his post for those who dont have it or it will not work. Just drop it in your replays folder). im not looking for comments on other but just look at your own driving and think what could I of done better if you were involved in nudging others of track or wheel banging.. May I remind you this is "This is GT Legends being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit".
I will not tolerate bad actions and bad decisions in a effort to win, and spoil other people enjoyment.
on the plus side. I did see a perfect example of what to do when we are involved in a accident.. Ross was involved in a incident around 368 on the time stamp.(mistakes happen we are here to race) and although he didn't stop straight away (there were cars around him and another red car did pass him) he gave the place back a couple of hundred metres up the road in a safe and controlled manner, when I assume he realised the car behind was the car involved in the incident.
i looked at another incident and the offending car just stopped in the middle of the corner
and was then hit by another car. (next time get off the track or pull over up the road to allow the car to pass you back..) and on the same note you can only rejoin the track when it is safe to do so. trying to spin you car round when there is oncoming traffic is not in the spirit of the club rules..

So to recap.

Events at RaceDepartment.com are therefore governed by our Licensed Membership Agreement. The following rules are part of that agreement:
  • When you apply for a licensed membership your forum name will be changed to your real name. We always use our real names on the forum and when we race online. There are no exceptions.
  • When you have signed up for an event we expect you to be there. If for any reason you can not make it you can sign out up until one hour prior to the practice session. If the event uses a two race format then you are expected to be present for both races.
  • If you are involved in an accident, do not leave your car parked on the driving line where it can cause interference to other drivers or further accidents. Return to the pitbox safely and repair your car to continue the race.
  • If you accidentally leave the track for whatever reason you must wait until there is a clear, safe gap before rejoining the track. Upon rejoining the track you must get up to speed as quickly as possible without blocking the racing line.
  • Never attempt U-turns on the racing line as you will cause an accident.
  • Do not alter your line or braking for a faster car behind you. Unpredictable moves have a way of ending the race for both of you. Let the faster car dictate when and where to initiate a pass, and only then assist by easing off of the throttle.
  • Do not deliberately cut the track. The white (or yellow) lines mark the edge of the road. Do not cross them with more than two wheels.
  • If you hit another driver during a Club race and disadvantage them, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain their position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, and do not immediately stop your car on the racing line where it can cause further accidents.
  • Try and discuss any incidents with the other drivers involved after the race in a friendly manner. If you feel stressed out by an accident then take 24 hours to calm down, review the replays of the incident and resolve it in a mature way via PM. Do not make angry posts about it on the forum. If you cannot resolve the problem then please contact the staff member that organized your race via PM, sending them an incident report that includes a video that clearly shows the incident.
  • Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc.
Now let's hope i don't have to go here again....
also id like you to look at this please. I know it's GP Legends but it explains it so good with pictures .http://wiki.grandprixlegends.info/index.php?title=GPL_Recommended_Driver_Behaviour most of our drivers tend to follow these simple guidelines but for example leaving you nose inside the rear quarter of a car who's trying to turn in is not allowed..if you are last of the minute breakers in an attempt to overtake make sure it clean no tapping or wheel banging..

Now lets have a nice race next week please and bring the standards back to where they were..:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.