TC-65 Mini Cooper S @ Donington park Thu 27th Dec

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 : Mini Cooper S (default car) + ( Skin Pack )
Track: Donington Park National / GP (default tracks)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 14 laps)

Note 1:You must download and install this livery pack (Download)
Install to: \GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65\Mini Cooper S​
Note 2: Race 1 Donington Park National
Note 3: Race 2 Donington Park GP
Note 4:We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Noel Spence
  3. Stefan Woudenberg
  4. Peter van Zanten
  5. Philip Brown
  6. Senad Subasic
  7. Hans Sneep
  8. Carlos Diaz
  9. Ross McGregor
  10. Stuart Thomson
  11. Jacob Boonstra
  12. Andreas Löffler
  13. Roland Warmenhoven
  14. Rui F. Martins
  15. Neil Gault
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Mini's and me... Me and Mini's.... however you turn them from race07, GSC or GTL... Born for to hate each other. It's not a "mini me. :p
First race: :thumbsdown: Accident.... 12th lap... Car left of me and a car passing on the right outside coming back to the driving line ... I am still there a bit...4th gear... braking... car becomes unstable..contact... :(
Second race: :thumbsdown: Accident... first lap.. in the chicane on the back straight. rammed into the wall engine dead... DNF :poop:

Just not my night... The Mini's always bring be bad luck to me. I was hoping to turn the bad luck cycle with GTL, but ...no..... so this was the last mini race in my life!
Bye bye Mini's! :roflmao:

i had a lot of fun this nigth. In race 1 i had a good start and i has going well but when going rigth to pass the car in front of me i missed my braking point and went straight ahead colecting Peter van Zanten and causing a bit of mayhem (sorry :redface: :( ) i let all the cars pass and them i proceeded with my race, the rest of the race was dull without anyone near me, only at the end i passed by some cars and i had a bit more of fun, i finished 11th.:)

On race 2 i started last on the grid, had a good start and was able to gain some positions and keep up with the cars in front of me but a error made me lose some positions, due to that error i was able to join Hans Sneep, Peter van Zanten and Philip Brown and the four of us had a great battle :thumbsup: , as we kept going both Hans and Peter fell behind and the fight was beteween me and Philip, we were pretty balanced, he gained time in a part of the track, i gained time in another, but he eventually made a mistake in lap 12 or 13 (i don't remember wich one was :redface: ) and i was able to pass him and keep in front of him until the end of the race :), i finished 9th.
Congratulations to top 3 and those who finished in both races, thank you for the race and see you next event ;):thumbsup:

LOL, good crashing fun. :roflmao: Sorry Rupe, me and mini... mini and me got our final divorce. :D

Stefan, I know how you feel. This is one of the few cars in GTL that just doesn't mesh with me. Every time it's available in a group of cars, I never choose it lol. I only drive it when it's the ONLY choice.

Recently, we had a mini series with it and I was forced to drive it a few weeks in a row. After hundreds of laps (I'm counting offline practice laps too) in several different tracks I sort of became more comfortable with it.

Tonite, for the first time EVER, I was able to lap almost just as fast as Thommo. I had the help of a very nice setup from Ross. I was VERY happy to be able to drive an entire race (Race2) without crashing it into a barrier. I can't say I love driving it, but at least I can now predict what it's gonna do.

It will take time, but you, as I did, will get the hang of it. I like driving it because when we all have it, it produces some of the funnest and closest racing GTL has to offer, even though the car itself is not the greatest (to me anyway).

So give it a chance. If you crash and burn, who cares, it's just pixels.

everyone flew past me in the first race , there must be some technique to doing it, unless you guys have boost buttons, and hang around stefan
+1 :), lost 3-4 places in both races - unfortunately haven't the replays so can't check what i did wrong :rolleyes:. Anyhow, it was very nice to drive GTL again. It have really an unique charm/ character, it doesn't matter how old the sim is. Was pretty exciting to me, thanks all for the fun.

Nice way to end this years gtl races with 2 podiums :)
Signed up at the last minute and grabbed my setup from gtr2 but had no worries about learning the track or car combo as it is the usual mini slow in fast out.

Did not have a good qual as i totally messed up the old hairpin and it was to be the same all night, sometimes i nailed it spot on but usually overshot the braking and missed the apex.
Got a good race start and made up a few places and after some nice little scraps i was up to 2nd but it was all i could do to hang onto Ross in front and i never did get close enough to pressure him apart from when we were fighting through the field early on and i missed my braking and nearly pushed him off (sorry :) ) and sorry to those following close behind as i think it had a knock on effect to those behind as i could see spinners in my mirrors.
Race 2 was a bit similar although i had to settle for 3rd but i was happy enough with that as i had no interest in trying to catch or pass the green mini knowing that if i did pass him again he would soon take it back due to the lets say "shorter lines" he takes through the chicane and the like, i guess he pays a higher entrance fee to the rest of us so he can use more of the track ;-)

thnx to all for a nice nights racing, i do enjoy the occasional nights mini racing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back