TC-65 Mini Cooper S @ Donington park Thu 27th Dec

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC65 : Mini Cooper S (default car) + ( Skin Pack )
Track: Donington Park National / GP (default tracks)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock
Practice start time: GMT 20.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.30 (14 laps)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Practice start time: GMT 21.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21.30 ( 14 laps)

Note 1:You must download and install this livery pack (Download)
Install to: \GTL\GameData\Teams\TC-65\Mini Cooper S​
Note 2: Race 1 Donington Park National
Note 3: Race 2 Donington Park GP
Note 4:We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Noel Spence
  3. Stefan Woudenberg
  4. Peter van Zanten
  5. Philip Brown
  6. Senad Subasic
  7. Hans Sneep
  8. Carlos Diaz
  9. Ross McGregor
  10. Stuart Thomson
  11. Jacob Boonstra
  12. Andreas Löffler
  13. Roland Warmenhoven
  14. Rui F. Martins
  15. Neil Gault
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

cheers for the race folks , was a good bit of fun ,just had one problem with these cars they are incredibly slow off the line,, everyone flew past me in the first race , there must be some technique to doing it, unless you guys have boost buttons, and hang around stefan
use full manual clutch for the mini as it gives more control off the line and slightly better acceleration through the gears

and sorry to those following close behind as i think it had a knock on effect to those behind as i could see spinners in my mirrors.
I think I was the only one. I think I did hit Rupe at an unfortunate angle, but I guess he recovered better :)

Good fun up until that point, so many spots exchanged. And I had a good start even! Twas a good night. Ah, love the Minis.

Anyhoo, got back on track, but immediately understeered off in turn 1, had to let everyone through, so was second to last.
Was a bit quicker, and no major mistakes, so caught up. Stefan and Peter (if I recall correctly) in front of me got into a bit of trouble, I was right behind them, and ran into Stefan. They both went off, I slow down, pull over to the side, and trundle down the looong straight, waiting, and waiting, and waiting... Took 'em a while :D

I'm sorry I missed race 2. And a Mini race of all things, sigh.

Thanks for organizing, congrats to the winners, looking forward to the next one.

Definitely a good way to end this years GTL Club! Would make a great way to start a new year too. Heck, this would make for a great night's clubracin' any day!:laugh:

Gotta love the Mini's. Like Carlos I'll only choose one when it's the only choice, only for different reasons, but a field full of Mini's is a no-brainer recipe for fun. Well, in my view that is.
Donny is a great track too, partly because virtually everyone's familiar with it, partly 'cos it has a challenging corner or two for every kind of car.

So it's probably no surprise I had great fun both races. Good to be reunited with my orange #62 Mini too. And as said, Warrens Mini setup will not let you down. Took me a few laps to get back into driving a FWD again, but after that it was business pleasure as usual. Managed two pretty great FWD starts, and had two exciting races with people around me all the time. Some really close racing and minor paint-trading going on, but nothing too serious, and even a podium finish in R1: Never a dull moment:thumbsup:

So thank you to the GTL Staff for bringing these great events, to everyone else too for some great racing, and hope to see you all again next month. :D

What a couple of great races! As of lap 2 in race one, the racing was good fun, and we had a nice 5 or 6-way battle for the lead, and i think just about everyone had a shot at it! Some quality action with Thommo, Neil, Andreas, Rupe etc. Good to see lots of room being given most of the time.

Race 2 was pretty close for a few laps as well, as i duked it out with Roland & Rupe, before Andreas and I broke clear and endured a tough battle for the remainder of the race. Got out of slipstreaming range eventually and managed to build a gap. Interestingly, i used the shortest ratio in race 2, since the back straight now had the chicane further up, and i think this worked out well, especially in the slow Melbourne loop, Redgate and McLean's. It wasn't so good at the Old Hairpin, but i think it was perfect for close racing, with better drive coming out the slower turns being a bid advantage.

Thanks Thommo/Rupe for running the show, the Minis always produce close racing, and a big grid shows how popular they are. Congrats Roland on race 1 podium, Neil for a double podium, and Andreas for a battling 2nd in race 2.

Interestingly, i used the shortest ratio in race 2, since the back straight now had the chicane further up, and i think this worked out well, especially in the slow Melbourne loop, Redgate and McLean's. It wasn't so good at the Old Hairpin, but i think it was perfect for close racing, with better drive coming out the slower turns being a bid advantage.
Yes, noticed that :). I missed to change it, was on same ratio as race one. Didn't realise that the straight is a bit shorter, that it's possible to use a shorter ratio - you had could say something ;).

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back