TC-65 Full Class @ Mondello Park - Tue 25th March 2014

flyertc65.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL1
Class: TC-65 Full Class Extra Skin pack ( Download )
Track: Mondello Park National / Mondello Park International

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------
Track: Mondello Park National
Practice start time: GMT 20:00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20:20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20:30 ( 13 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------
Track: Mondello Park International
Practice start time: GMT 20:50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 21:10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 21:20 ( 13 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES CLICK ME for GTL. Please read the rules they have been updated 6/11/2013 and post a reply that you have read and understood the rules
Note 2: Default and Extra skins pack will be used
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: You need to pick a different car for each race.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap). If you mess it up, tough luck!
Note 6: Watch your driving please.

Server password:
Click here
Racing rules: Click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson
  2. Tim Ling
  3. Warren Dawes
  4. Roland Warmenhoven
  5. Jack Smith
  6. Hans Sneep
  7. Steve Walker
  8. Franklin Stegink
  9. Denis Betty
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
Rules:
If you have not entered the server and driven a few laps with fellow drivers before we go to qualifying you are to late for that session. Please think of your fellow drivers and get out on track with them, watch how they drive, you can't race with guys you have not seen drive.
We ALL brake a little differently and drive the corners differently, get used to how they drive and then we can all race more safely.
If you drop out of the server during qualifying you can return.

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Default Cars

TC65
Abarth 1000TC - #450
Mini Cooper - #590, 592, 593, 594, 595, 597
Alfa Romeo GTA - #907, 918, 922, 956, 958
Lotus Cortina - #901, 902, 904, 911, 913, 921, 923, 924, 955, 961
Jaguar MkII - #390, 850
Ford Falcon - #825, 872
Ford Mustang - #809, 890, 891, 892, 893, 894, 896, 897

extra skin
Alfa Romeo GTA
#18 #25 #29 #42 #48 #56 #66 #79 #94 #208 #809 #63(saos)
Ford F Sprint
Jaguar MKii
#49 #343 #396 #895
Lotus Cortina
#17 #49 #59
Mini Cooper S
#5 #13 #16 #21 #22 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #42 #44 #55 #60 #61 #62 #63 #64 #66 #68 #79 #80 #176

Plenty of entertainment in this one, even though all of the cars aren't equally matched on performance, it often leads to fun races.
Since we were racing on a UK track, I decided to go with British cars (they are also great fun to drive) but I didn't feel like heaving the Jaaaaaag around all those twisty corners, so it only left the Cortina and Mini.

Good close racing with Roland and Rupe for most of race 1. :thumbsup:

Race 2, I was glad I could end my GTL career with my favourite little Mini. It's ideally suited to Mondello, and it can produce some very quick lap times. Unfortunately, under race conditions, it can't repeat them when stuck behind two hulking great, sliding, US muscle cars driven by good guys who know how to cover all passing opportunities. Still, it was fun trying to harass Rupe and Roland from behind, probably just a mere distraction for them though. :p

Since I understand this was our final GTL Event :cry: , I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone involved in this great little Club. GTL has always been my favourite Sim for on-line racing at RD, and this is largely due to the terrific organisers, fellow drivers, and the friendships we have developed.

Thanks one and all, I have some great memories. :)

Last edited:
We began both races with good clean starts from my viewpoint and as Warren forgot to say I was fantastic.... lol. Seriously I enjoyed both events , Alfa race 1 and Falcon race 2. I must say that Hans was flying in race 2 .. I couldn't catch him ... no way. Wd done to Roland and Denis for your front finishes ( I believe ) and WD to the other podium placers and cheers to all drivers. Thanks to Rupe and Steve for taking over after Stu left. This could be the last time some of us get to meet again, so let me say that from the time I first strapped on my racing diapers to the last event I have had a for the most part ( learning the ropes was a bit nerve-racking ) a vastly superior experience, what with people being willing to help, to developing friendships from afar, the sharing of setups, driving tips, friendly banter before and after events on TS or just plain old popping on TS when you see some one there for small talk. I sincerely hope that this continues in the next step and I hope that very few or no drivers are left behind.

GTL will always hold a special place in my memories that can never be erased .... reformatted .... or replaced.

My wife is coming out of the cellar, my sister is hanging up her new teeth, and my wife-sister is coming out of the cell and hanging up her new teeth .... and to continue an old Canadian tradition, when the end of an era happens we all gorge ourselves on bacon sandwiches while listening to Steve's Road Racing CD's. If any of you ever come to Nova Scotia, give me a visit .... we would love to have you for a meal ...... :)

Last edited:
I Will be the first to agree there is something special about GT Legends, i remember my first race with you guys, Jack, Warren, Hans and Roland you 4 seem to be guys ive raced with and still race with today from the old group we have a few years ago, all the other guys seem to have moved on or race else where.:(
Over the last 6 months the numbers have slowly dropped with hitting all time lows of 4 drivers.
this is really sad to me as this sim was producing good racing and still does, as we have seen tonight.
So yes i do feel sad that this was the last race in GTL.
But in order for a retro club to exist we need to have drivers who race on a regular basis, over the months ive have asked, pleaded many times to all drivers past and present to show your support for the club. We get a few for a couple of weeks and then it drops again, as noted by a few guys.
Me and Steven put allot of work in to providing good racing in a club.
But as i have said we are not moving forward just surviving.
So I made a decision to look for another alternative and with the help of allot of guys we did test to see what was out there for retro racing.
Im still waiting for some of these guys to show up in our HistorX events.
A few of you guys have contacted me to explain so im not pointing fingers at you guys.

The truth is as the newer sims take off more and more guys are wanting to race them even preferring offline hot lapping to online racing with friends. :(

The reason why we chose HistorX is is that it has all or most of the default cars form GTL and extra on a stable platform in rf1 and we also have the option for many more types of races and be able to introduce fun events also.
And the guys who developed historX are working on a version for rf2 for the future.
we have seen R3E with its retro content
AC might get retro content
RF2 looks like its starting to have some retro introduced
and with GSC dipping its toes we have all seen content that is for a better word ripped from various sims becoming readily available to all platforms. And the introduction of new, our niece market has been blown apart.

As the world of sim racing changes it time to change with them and and not get trapped in a time warp even if the cars we drive are from yestayear.

If i carry on with GTL i feel in 6 months time we will still be in the same position as we are now
still wanting more guys to race with as all the new sims take off we will loose our slot at RD

So i ask all guys to try HistorX give it a chance and don't be afraid of change,
At the same time i will miss any guys that don't want to move across and for this im sorry if i seem to have spoilt your nights of fun with the sim you love.:(

HistorX does drive different im not saying its better, but different,
Yes there is a learning curve to the cars drifting and sliding but as we have seen in gtl the can drift and do slide.
If you enter a corner to hot you loose the front end, if you give it to much gas you slide the rear
its all down to personal taste.

See you all on track in HistorX i hope
We are using the lesser powered cars at present to hopefully help all drivers in the transition

Next event click me

Thanks for all the great races and times i have had with you guys in this wonderful sim
i wont forget GTL.:)

Last edited:
Thanks for another great night of racing guys. I came in late and completely unprepared, sorry about that but I had a last minute change of plan when a friend (realfriend not imaginary) cancelled due to illness.

R1 was a write off because I came in so late. I begged a setup for the Mini off @Steven Walker (thanks Steve), but it didn't suit me and I had no time to work on one of my own, so I strarted from the back and that's where I stayed. Thanks for all your encouragement during my qually guys :roflmao::).

I chose the Alpha for R2, not realising what a huge advantage it would give me over the rest of you guys. There really wasn't any need for you guys to gift me the win like that ;). Still it meant that the bottom lip wasn't out for a change :laugh:.

And now to the serious bit. I'd like to thank you guys for putting up with me and for all your help and kindness. It's less than a year since I joined RD but I've really enjoyed my time at the GTL club. I too will be sad to see the end of GTL at RD but I think the size of last night's grid (8) for the final race goes some way toward backing Rupe's position that we have to move on. As @Jack Smith pointed out, making friends through the club has been a really worthwhile experience. I'm looking forward to racing again with as many of you guys as possible in HistorX. To those who won't be joining us, thanks for all the good times, stay in touch if you can and all the best for the future.

First of all, let me be crystal clear that I am all in favor of the move to HistorX, and I really really hope it takes off really well and keeps attracting decent numbers in the long run. Because whatever way you look at it, the viability of the GTL Club at RD has been questionable for quite some time now:( and the Staff team really deserves a bigger crowd for all the countless hours they spend testing and preparing stuff.

That being said, I still mourn the closing of the GTL Club like the loss of a close friend. Over the years it has brought me countless hours of fun, excitement and friendly conversations, it introduced me to a number of really friendly and helful people, and on top of that it helped me improve my english considerably.
So far, apart from higher attendance, to me personally its successor has nothing on GT Legends:( and I struggle to enjoy playing it. For once, I hope to be a minority though.

Regardless, alhough noone told me this would be the last GT Legends event at RD, I still feel it was a worthy ending. I had a load of fun with close & clean fights in both the Alfa and the Falcon and by avoiding others' misfortune I even managed to win a race.
So, together with at least a million other fond memories I have from racing GT Legends over here, these will stay with me from now on.

All that's left for me to do here now is to express my heartfelt gratitude to all staff members past and present of the GTL Club, and to all the regulars that have put up with me over the years.
The prospect of racing with you gentlemen has put a silver lining around otherwise cloudy days numerous times... so for that:
thank-you%5B1%5D.png

Last edited:
and as Warren forgot to say I was fantastic.... lol.

Oh, I forgot to include one thing in my report:

"Jack was fantastic", the way he managed that super slooooow motion spin in Race 2 in the Falcon was a pleasure to watch, sheer poetry. Clearly Jack has spent hours perfecting that one. :p

Not sure if you'd enjoy Australian's for dinner though, we tend to be overcooked due to the excessive heat over here.;)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea