TC-65 Abarth TC VS Porsche 912 @ Imola Tue 10th Sept 2013

flyertc65.jpg

Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTL
Class: TC-65 Abarth TC & Porsche 912 ( Download )
Track: Imola (default)

See Main Forum for Official Race Time Clock

------------------------- Race 1 ---------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 19.00 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 19.20 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 19.30 ( 11 laps)
------------------------- Race 2 ----------------------------------

Practice start time: GMT 19.50 (20 mins)
Qualification start time: GMT 20.10 (single lap)
Race start time: GMT 20.20 ( 11 laps )

Note1: CLUB RACING RULES for GTL Please Read
Note 2: Only default liveries please
Note 3: We are using the SIMBIN lobby for this event. See here how to switch lobby
Note 4: Odd Number Sign ups Race1 = Abarth TC / Race2 = Porsche 912, Even number vice versa.
Note 5: We run Super-Pole qualification: You only get a single attempt to set a time (1 Out-lap + 1 timed lap and No In Lap, Press Escape). If you mess it up, tough luck!

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Entry List:
  1. Rupe Wilson Abarth / Porsche
  2. Jack Smith Porsche / Abarth
  3. Eck Simpson Abarth / Porsche
  4. Antonio Tavares Porsche / Abarth
  5. Hiroshi Awazu Abarth / Porsche
  6. Andrew James Porsche / Abarth
  7. Mike Bishop Abarth / Porsche
  8. Steven Walker Porsche / Abarth
  9. Ken Hunter Abarth / Porsche
  10. Hans Sneep Porsche / Abarth
  11. Allan Ramsbottom Abarth / Porsche
  12. Walter Pickering Porsche / Abarth
  13. Stuart Pickering Abarth / Porsche
  14. Davy Vandevenne Porsche / Abarth
  15. Roland Warmenhoven Abarth / Porsche
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
Rules:

This is being held in our Club, using Club Rules, and should be driven in that spirit.

Last edited:
What great fun, thanks everyone! I really enjoyed it. Second race especially, mixing it up with the faster guys for a while - I had a good start and picked up a few places from 12th then dropped back to a 10th place finish (if I remember right) as the faster guys (which is all of you!) came through. Felt good that I wasn't easily submitting places. Progress, anyway.

So, thank you everyone!

Hehe!, the Abarth is a pretty cool lil car :D. I've never raced it online before today.

Race 1 was alright, had a good race with Hans and i think it was Walter there as well with us for a bit. Hans and I took turns chasing each other around pretty much the whole race

Race 2, an absolute bomb :thumbsdown: lol! I went to chat it up with my gf and her friend and when I got back to my seat i forgot to load my settings for the Porsche and jumped into the race :(. For me the default settings on the 912 is just horrid:speechless:

But all in all as usual another fun session, thanks guys!

And back to Brazil again! :thumbsup: Cya all then.

Until now I've never liked the default Abarth, as I found it undriveably twitchy, so tbh I never bothered much with it. But yesterday, eager to race again after a week, I just gave it a go.
And using @Steven Walker 's setup (once more :D, thanks man, I like stable setups!:thumbsup:) It actually drove really nice, almost like a car!!:p
And much to my surprise I had no trouble keeping it on track for a whole lap, and managed a decent qualy lap. Even though this also was the first testdrive using my newly finished new monitor layout. (Which still really needs some fine-tuning as I found out:roflmao:)

Having a good R1 start, and needing less gear shifting than in a Porsche, I quickly got as far forward as 4th, and even 3rd for a while.
Chased by Jack, Mike, Eck and some others my car escaped me at some point to go and hug a big stack of red tyres:cry:, which let Mike by and I had noc hance of catching him. Then in the final lap Eck made a nice clean move after being stuck behind me for several laps. So I finished in 5th (I think) after a very entertaining race. Thanks all for that! Hopefully race 2 was as good!

Thanks Rupe, for organizing the event, and hope to see you all soon!

Jack Smith

Premium
Had a good time as always. I won't bother with a big report but maybe emphasize Rupe's point in next Tuesday's race sign up that one must stop and wait if you bump someone off track. I will not mention any names but I was blasted off the track after a good start in race 2, ended up in last spot and no one waited, or later said sorry about that. :(

Perhaps they did not know that they made the foul....:unsure:

Thanks for the effort put in Rupe. Come on Tuesday.

I am pretty certain Jack's post is not about me, but some thoughts on the same lines...

lost my car in one turning and it cost Walter quite a bit, so I stopped and waited for him. I believe the rest of the races was clean driving (Did hit Allan at one point when he rejoined as I was coming round a turn, but that was unavoidable once I saw him.)

If in any race I hit someone I will ALWAYS wait. If I don't, it means I didn't know - in which case, please do just PM me. My personal goal is as clean racing as possible, even if it means finishing last every race.

... I was blasted off the track after a good start in race 2, ended up in last spot and no one waited, or later said sorry about that. :(

Sorry to hear that Jack. I think the matter deserves to be cleared, because it's not an admissible behavior in my opinion, and goes against the spirit of club racing that most of us try to follow. Don't you have the replay to check? I know, if you stayed in the server after rolling to next track, the last race replay was erased. The only ways I know to avoid that is t leave the server before rolling to next track and manually save the replay (risky...), or to use the "dated replays" option.
Perhaps someone that has the replay (I don't) could check what happened?

Last edited:

Jack Smith

Premium
I have the replay and I know who it was but I was giving time...waiting for a response. It was not you Andrew. :) Maybe also I was not visible to them ( off to their left side ) and they were not fully aware of the hit ...Abarth being somewhat light. Things happen and I didn't want to make a big issue out of it. It could be someone new and I don't want to kill their enthusiasm. I have banged enough people in my day using poor judgment. If it becomes chronic behavior then that is another issue

Id like to think that the GTL Club is about the racing not where you finish.
Racing 11 laps bumper to bumper with your fellow drivers swapping places and driving clean beats a win every day of the week,
When racing this close the odd accidents will happen, all i ask and your fellow drivers ask, is that you wait for the driver to get back on track in regain his position and then you can can continue in your race.;)

Please don't make me have to lay down the law and make vid's to put forward to the staff to make a decision on the outcome.

In the GTL Club we pride ourselves on our Gentleman's Driving Standards.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 47 10.0%
  • €3001-5000