Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software

I personally would put the "pedal pucks" directly on the back of the pedals as that way the vibrations are transmitted much more directly into yout feet.
Thanks Stigs. You're probably right with attaching directly to pedals. Seems the most straight forward and 'direct' method. I guess the only question I would need to answer is whether 'exciters' would be better than another 2no. TT25-8's. Hopefully I'm using the correct terminology with 'exciters' - still learning and reading up on this! Just seen another thread from Mr Latte on new hardware and the HPRs. Will read up on that a bit more...

II you like the pucks in the backrest try the same approach in the seat bottom by shoving a board with pucks between springs and cushion.
Good shout. I may invest in a couple of additional TT25-8's to experiment with this. Having said that, I like the idea of having the pucks for higher frequencies and something 'beefier' for lower frequencies - gear change clunk, etc.

Last edited:
I agree with the above direction and advice.

Be sure also to check Mr. Latte's latest tactile developments and experiments here:

Before investing in exciters check out Peter Winklers Build Thread.

It seems exciters are falling out of grace because they are not very robust and but comparatively expensive.

If you want more power you could put BST2´s on your pedals and 300x on your seat.

But:

1. they are "the thing" right now so out of stock everywhere.

2. you´ll need bigger amps than the Nobsounds

3. now isolation for seat and pedals becomes mandatory.

So follow the white rabbit on your own risk, things tend to escalate quickly from here! :cautious:

Before investing in exciters check out Peter Winklers Build Thread.

It seems exciters are falling out of grace because they are not very robust and but comparatively expensive.
EXC found a new use case
1) additional speakers for my 5.1 System - that's just amazing
2) wheelbase effects

details can be found here

in addition i posted our latest setup guide

latest update - introduced the new t.racks 4 channel amp

Folie1.PNG

Folie2.PNG
Folie3.PNG
Folie4.PNG

Last edited:
I am using the Sim3D pedal rumble kit for a few years now.
All good actually.

But now I see the Simagic HPR kit for pedals….

How do they compare?
Should I switch my pedal rumble kit to this Simagic HPR kit?

What do you think?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

I am using the Sim3D pedal rumble kit for a few years now.
All good actually.

But now I see the Simagic HPR kit for pedals….

How do they compare?
Should I switch my pedal rumble kit to this Simagic HPR kit?

What do you think?
I think they've killed Sim3D rumble kit business, stronger, better built, more direct without spinning motor latency. Took some business from Simucube Active Pedals too. Simhub Shakeit Motor plugin fully supports them already.
20240219_154223-jpg.731311

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they've killed Sim3D rumble kit business, stronger, better built, more direct without spinning motor latency. Took some business from Simucube Active Pedals too. Simhub Shakeit Motor plugin fully supports them already.
That sounds very good.

BTW, why don‘t you use these for the clutch? (I can‘t see it on the clutch on the picture)

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

That sounds very good.

BTW, why don‘t you use these for the clutch? (I can‘t see it on the clutch on the picture)
There is not a lot, if any effects associated with clutch operation, but it's certainly possible.
Brake and accelerator are more crucial in providing "useful" feedback.

Hmmm I need to figure out how to mount these on my Meca Cup 1s, this seems like a way better solution than the Sim3D kit, which I've never been in love with.

• Deleted member 197115

What material do you use to isolate the bucket seat from the aluminium chassis?
I am using this (cheap, compact and effective), but there are other options as well. Some are more expensive and bulkier, some are more flexy, etc. Read the linked thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Stigs. You're probably right with attaching directly to pedals. Seems the most straight forward and 'direct' method. I guess the only question I would need to answer is whether 'exciters' would be better than another 2no. TT25-8's. Hopefully I'm using the correct terminology with 'exciters' - still learning and reading up on this! Just seen another thread from Mr Latte on new hardware and the HPRs. Will read up on that a bit more...

Good shout. I may invest in a couple of additional TT25-8's to experiment with this. Having said that, I like the idea of having the pucks for higher frequencies and something 'beefier' for lower frequencies - gear change clunk, etc.

I cant fully conclude yet as I still have to do more tests with several of the popular budget options (PUC / BST 1 / RECKHORN) but based on effects I have been testing and creating with the BDS exciters.

Firstly by quite a margin the BDS is the best exciter. You would be crazy not to buy at least one to compare to the TT25-8. The thread I have been doing highlights reasons why that is. However one point that also needs highlighted, the BDS is also rated to support up to 80W but some care needed here....

BDS

Point to note, very few amps use RMS with wattage levels they advertise. We generally find with many budget amps, the rated power advertised, is actually more like 1/2 in RMS. Anyone uising a PUC (TT25) 20W in pedals wont get anything like the potential the BDS offers, not in frequency range, power or detailing.

This BDS unit is quite unique and wipes the floor with other budget units regards being able to feel sensations below 20Hz. So because of that, it opens up a whole new level of potential in effects, particularly for a direct to body contact type installation. So simply let me say that most other units do not offer the felt sensations this unit brings. It really is in my opinion the best budget unit to buy at this time for direct to body type installations...

What I would tell you now, is that a thread will be coming and complete with effects I have created specifically for this unit. As well as an overview on each effect with info about how/why or what are good effects to group together and effects operations.

For ABS or pedal effects the BDS exciter is better than the HPR units. Again this is based on current testing and you will see the extent I am going to, in also buying various amps with different voltages to continue more tests for the HPR units. Even with those I do not believe the HPR is going to be as good but do believe it might work well if partnered with a BDS unit.

To date the best combo I have felt is the BDS for the foot rest area, paired with MQB1 on each pedal. Regards tactile, I guess that I perhaps do things different, nor follow others but base things on my own curiosity / creativity / testing...

This is an example of not relying on the usual approach or using only a single unit for pedal based effects. Each unit brings certain sensations but combined they offer something that neither one brings. With an additional unit it also lets us apply more effects and I have spent quite a bit of time working with the stereo based effects to bring sensations for pedals with this approach that goes further in immersion possibilities but at a budget-mid price point.

Personal note regards isolation.
Decoupling with isolators helps maintain the energy for the seat/pedals.
Even cheap options are decent for improving over having no isolation.

Yet do not be fooled in thinking that this means it prevents any energy transferring into other elements below.

I have boxes of various options.....

NONE of these options illustrated from soft-hard that I have tested in various builds, including those stacked/huge industrial solutions (solar panel installations) will prevent the vibes from passing through.

Spring based solutions can be better for that or as I like to do is use a combination of both....

Last edited:
One doubt I came across this week.
I have been driving ACC small cars like BMW GT4 and BMW M2. My shakers setup feels great.
However, following a friend racing GT3 @ Donington LFM races this week, I joined two sessions. Lambo Huracan and BMW M4. And the same shakers setup feels useless. All effects are messy and diluted during driving. Only thing I truly notice is firing up the engine before the race starts. Not even the gear shifts.

My questions being, do you create the same shaker base setup, and then clone it for as many categories(GT3, GT4, Porsche cup, BMW M2...) as you drive? And choose properly from the simhub profile before racing?

I am sorry if it feels pretty obvious to you , but I never found a feeling difference that big as I did this week, switching cars.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back