Super Touring 98 Mod

When I released the GTR2 version (materials unchanged) the guys at GTR2 Endurance said "...reflections on the body: "'shader' has to be: cube map specular map add grayscale reflect t1"
Then the specular map/ body_r.dds should be grayscale (black being matte white being practically chrome)
On their league version they had also increased the specular power to 35. I noticed some RACE07 cars are as high as 80 for this setting.

I use the 'fresnel' shader like the simbin cars in Race 07. Different colors, dark/bright values and opacity values matters together with specular power.
What I have found:
Colors:
Blue: more cubemap reflection
Red: softer, more 'plastic' light reflection
Green: ?
Brightnes:
Brighter = more reflection and light,
More dark = less reflection and light
All black = max reflection.

Opacity:
More transparent = softer light reflections

Specular power:
Higher power = sharper light reflections

All these parameters must be balanced, so it's quite tricky.
To much reflections doesn't look very good (looks like need for speed 3 or 4).

I have added the shade layer to the r-maps to reduce reflections at the darker parts, and that's an improvemend.

Why?,
With these cars, we can make,
1995 Italian Superturismo (I have some Alfas done and alls Audi A4), when the 405 will release I finish the season
1995 STW, I have all cars done, except the Fastback Fords 4x4
With the SEAT we can do the CET Champinship and French Supertourisme
Toyota Carina, to make the complete season of 1995 BTCC
And with the Audi 80 for STW seasons

Cheers
Diego

Please tell me you will release the 1995 Italian Superturismo for race07?

Sorry maybe I should've explained it better. The '00 Honda doesn't have the ride height, springs, pressure settings etc. that you changed in the previous version, meaning for example: it still has front and rear ride height at 8 rather than 3 front, 5 back.

Actually it uses the same physics as the '98 version :p It was so much work with everything so I used the same .hdc file. I think I'll change that now...

2. headphysics.hed file is missing in the Teams folder, which gives the static cockpit view without any head movement.

It should be using the original game version which does not come in the mod...

I use the 'fresnel' shader like the simbin cars in Race 07. Different colors, dark/bright values and opacity values matters together with specular power.
What I have found:
Colors:
Blue: more cubemap reflection
Red: softer, more 'plastic' light reflection
Green: ?
Brightnes:
Brighter = more reflection and light,
More dark = less reflection and light
All black = max reflection.

Opacity:
More transparent = softer light reflections

Specular power:
Higher power = sharper light reflections

All these parameters must be balanced, so it's quite tricky.
To much reflections doesn't look very good (looks like need for speed 3 or 4).

I have added the shade layer to the r-maps to reduce reflections at the darker parts, and that's an improvemend.

Some of these things I have figured out might be wrong, and there might be different reasons why the reflections behave the way they do. I woult like to get the matallic look for the audi and volvo where the light reflection a Little bit soft but 'big' on the same time, rather than the sharp light reflection of solid paint.

Edit:
I tested the grayscale shader as simon sugested. It looks the same as when I used frenel with bue refmap. But adding the shadow layer works here (looked wierd when added to the blue refmap) so that's a big improvement. I will use these shaders for the s40 and a4. Thanks for the tips Simon :)
seasons40.jpg

Last edited:
hi all ! I am a big fan of toca 2 and i just discovered this mod by searching on youtube some remakes, can someone please give me the link for this mod ? Andreas ? Thanks !

What do I need to do to get all my old NATCC and STCC cars working with the new version? Is it just copy the old skin to the new template

Also is this the final version for the Audi A4, Honda Accord and BMW? If its not I will wait :)

The new mapping layout is very different from the old one, so converting the skins need some work. The Audi and Hondas will not be changed. Maybe the BMW, but not for the moment :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.