Super Touring 98 Mod

really great work!
I love the mod - even if I did not drive it until now, all I saw is very promising!

but one thing I have to complain about is the skins :) I hope you will do better and higher resolution skins in the future!

Updating and bugfixing.

Attachments

• supertouring9884.jpg
    supertouring9884.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 362
  • supertouring9885.jpg
    supertouring9885.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 351
  • supertouring9886.jpg
    supertouring9886.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 330
Yes:) I have to make an audi dash and finish some textures first.
Then I'll make the Vauxhall, and perhaps a 4th preview/WIP.

Then there will be som physics updates (downforce and individual suspension), and hopefully some super touring sounds (this will be very difficult, I think).

Then betatesting. Then v.1.0 :D

Changed plans...

I'm a little bit tired of textures and meshes for the moment, so I started editing sounds yesterday.
I know some guys will not like them, but this is the best I can do, at least for now.

I've also started editing the downforce, and the cars actually lost some grip. One bad thing: the ai cars haven't noticed...

Edit:
Changing the weight distribution to 52-48 (from S40 TWR) made them faster again:)

Some interesting info about Super Tourers VS S2000:
http://rallyforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=339160
My laptimes for Silverstone are about 2-3 sec slower than the real drivers. I'm using standard setup, and I think I'm an average driver.

Also, this is a proposal for rankings of the cars:
Volvo
Engine: Fastest
Handling/grip: Average
Honda
Handling/grip: Average
Renault
Engine: Fast
Handling/grip: Good
Nissan
Ford
Engine: Slow
Handling/grip: Best
Peugeot
Handling/grip: Bad
Audi
Engine: slow
Handling/grip: Best
Vauxhall

Any ideas?

I've also started editing the downforce, and the cars actually lost some grip. One bad thing: the ai cars haven't noticed...

Which aero data did you use previously? I recently read an article about a newer BTCC car and in 2008 the downforce was lower than the data I gave you and by 2010 the downforce was a slightly higher than your cars.

And for the 2011 BTCC the rear wing is only there to make the cars look good:D, they will produce slightly less downforce than your cars.

And for the 2011 BTCC the rear wing is only there to make the cars look good:D, they will produce slightly less downforce than your cars.

So I've heard :D
I used standard chevrolett lacetti downforce until now, so I was a little bit confused. Anyway the grip feels quite realistic now.
V.3 is available now, so you can test the cars:)

Attachments

• supertouring9887.jpg
    supertouring9887.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 332
Right side steering wheels for Honda and Nissan.
(the textures of the windows needs some editing)

Does anyone know what gear ratios to use? I have made some calculations, but I'm sure they are wrong.

Attachments

• supertouring9888.jpg
    supertouring9888.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 345
  • supertouring9889.jpg
    supertouring9889.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 305
really really great!
I just had a look at the volvo 3d mesh...and tried to render a new shading to generate a high res template (for testing)...but I was not able to import all the meshes (only got the chassis_a mesh) so the test end up quite fast :D

so for now I only want to add a few words on your mesh: within the mesh there are some mapping problems...like double mapped parts or such...you should make sure to put pieces of the mesh overlaying one other on a separate texture to avoid texture problems :) one other advice I want to give you is to pay attention to the edge directions because when they are not in the same direction the smoothing isn't that great. the mesh looks much smoother when the edges are in the same direction ;)
and: use more polygons (e.g. the wheel housings) to get a smoother look too :)

ok, this are only some advice to make a good mod even better!
I only want to help you and not to criticize you, so don't take anything personal ;)

anyway: keep up your great work! =D

Right side steering wheels for Honda and Nissan.
(the textures of the windows needs some editing)

These aren't in the latest preview (v3) though, right? They're still on the left for me.

By the way, 'fixed' my steering lock difficulties by lowering my wheels rotation from 540° to 200°. Feels great now.

Funk!: Thanks for your advices:) The s40 was the first mesh, and I have increased the detail level for the last cars.
(they are still low compared to the other cars). But this is a huge project for one beginner level modder, so I had to limit my work.
If I make single car mods in the future, the resolution and poly count will be higher;)
All the meshes except the body (I think) are encrypted by Zmodeller and can be decrypted by wtcced.

Ross: The steering wheels were moved yesterday, so they will be in next release

Funk!: Thanks for your advices:) The s40 was the first mesh, and I have increased the detail level for the last cars.
(they are still low compared to the other cars). But this is a huge project for one beginner level modder, so I had to limit my work.
If I make single car mods in the future, the resolution and poly count will be higher;)
All the meshes except the body (I think) are encrypted by Zmodeller and can be decrypted by wtcced.

ok that sounds logical and makes sense :D

I was not able to encrypt the gmt's with wtcced...I get an error with zlib or such...don't know exactly what to do to solve the problem ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back