Stock Car Extreme - All the tips you need to know

To edit some files, you will need Notepad++. Please download it here.
All editions must be done with game off (especially for dedicated servers).

Personal settings
  • I want to put the virtual mirrors
  • I see vehicule parts in the rearview mirror
  • I have a strange feeling with my Fanatec wheel
  • I want to opimize my AntiAliasing setup

Server settings
  • My server doesn't run warm up
  • I want to raise up maximum drivers online
  • I want to allow driver swap in race
  • I want to add balast to some drivers
  • I want to reverse the grid or a part of the grid

DRS et tyres configuration for F1
  • DRS
  • Tyres

Issues and bugs
  • I have some stuttering
  • I can't load tracks
  • Night races give a big fps loss

Last edited:
Hello, I can't seem to find how to add my own team and have it appear properly in the game......
Can someone assist me?

Go into one of the team folders.
Copy one of the veh files.
Change the name of the file to for example cramer.veh
Using notepad, open your new cramer.veh file, and change the driver name in there (it appears twice, just insert yours in its place).
That is all you need to do for an extra car to appear.

Next, in the same file change the two instances of the team name to Cramer Racing.

Now the new team will appear in the list of teams, and you will be shown as the driver.

Of course if you change nothing else, then it will look identical to the car you copied, but it will list you as the driver and that will get you started at least.

Note - notepad works fine, but remember to save as a .veh file, NOT as a txt file or it will not work.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Thanks Keith, but I wonder how I can recreate a series and edit that standalone. For example, copy the entire 2014_V8, put it under a different name, and change all the teams. I believe I'd need to make an rfm for it, I don't know what else would need changing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a new gpu - R7 250X - and i'm not satisfied with my experience in GSC.
Sure it looks nice on ultra/high, but everything feels sluggish, objects don't appear smoothly when i come around the corner, i get stutters and twitching and the sense of speed is worse than with my old 8800GT( this i probably will get used to with time).

Tested at Goinania with ultra/high and i get 80-130fps, but it feels oddly sluggish and objects/environment doesn't move around me as smooth as i'm used to, there's twitching and stuttering present. I set the AA to override the application in CCC.

Anyone got any tips what else i can do other than switching back to 8800gt, but that would be just ridiculous ?

Thanks

Maybe the game is still configured to run with your previous graphics card?

Did you rerun the config utility? Also check your config.ini file to see how much Video RAM has been identified.

I'm running a GTX970 and get in the high 200s - low 300s for fps.

Cheers, guys. :) I had AA turned on in the GSConfig.
This is now off and the VSync is also turned on now. It looks like one of these things or both together were the main issue. Leaning more towards vSync, since with it OFF i can get 100+ fps on ultra preset, yet the picture/camera movement feels sluggish, lazy, choppy and not smooth. With vSync ON the picture is smooth.
Config.ini says this about vram : ''VideoRAM=2783''.

With vSync on i now tried the following tracks with the Camaro:
- Guapore (smooth, no complaints)
- Goiania (mostly smooth, but with multiple times per lap noticeable stuttering and twitching, especially coming around the corner and when many objects come into view or just random twitching when i drive in a straight line).
- Jacarepagua oval in Camaro SS..how fun is this combo, lol :D :thumbsup:
(smooth, no noticeable/no major stutters or twitching)

Will play with the settings more and do more testing in the coming days and see what more i can do to stabilize the performance across all the tracks/combos. Thanks

I also keep having problems with alt-tab not bringing the screen back up fully.
It switches back to desktop/other apps and it then does switch back to the game, because i can hear the sounds, but the screen doesn't come back up and i have to kill the game.

Why is that ? Any other app interfering, like afterburner, steam or something else ?

Thanks

can someone point me to a thread or post how to edit the car classes right? looks like the system i use now dosnt work right... instead of the class gt3 it shows the cars name :D

for example right now i use on the veh file

Classes="reizaEECGT3"

Category="EEC GT3, Porsche 997 GT3 R"

on liveracers it shows the cars name as class...

http://europeanendurancecenter.liveracers.com/Live?server=EEC GT3 Test

should i remove the cars name on category and just let gt3?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back