• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Stock Car Extreme - All the tips you need to know

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Patrick Giranthon, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +588
    Go into one of the team folders.
    Copy one of the veh files.
    Change the name of the file to for example cramer.veh
    Using notepad, open your new cramer.veh file, and change the driver name in there (it appears twice, just insert yours in its place).
    That is all you need to do for an extra car to appear.

Next, in the same file change the two instances of the team name to Cramer Racing.

Now the new team will appear in the list of teams, and you will be shown as the driver.

Of course if you change nothing else, then it will look identical to the car you copied, but it will list you as the driver and that will get you started at least.

Note - notepad works fine, but remember to save as a .veh file, NOT as a txt file or it will not work.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  2. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +760
    Thanks Keith, but I wonder how I can recreate a series and edit that standalone. For example, copy the entire 2014_V8, put it under a different name, and change all the teams. I believe I'd need to make an rfm for it, I don't know what else would need changing.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  3. Keith Windsor

Keith Windsor

Ratings:
    +588
  4. Rivas

Rivas

Ratings:
    +1
    Not needed anymore... I managed to reduce the mirrors resolution... Now i got stables 60fps with 720p and max graphics settings... To reduce mirrors resolution, its necessary to download a mirror mod for rfactor and put it into each car folder... Just this :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +149
    I just bought a new gpu - R7 250X - and i'm not satisfied with my experience in GSC.
    Sure it looks nice on ultra/high, but everything feels sluggish, objects don't appear smoothly when i come around the corner, i get stutters and twitching and the sense of speed is worse than with my old 8800GT( this i probably will get used to with time).

Tested at Goinania with ultra/high and i get 80-130fps, but it feels oddly sluggish and objects/environment doesn't move around me as smooth as i'm used to, there's twitching and stuttering present. I set the AA to override the application in CCC.

Anyone got any tips what else i can do other than switching back to 8800gt, but that would be just ridiculous ?

Thanks

6. Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Ratings:
    +181
    Maybe the game is still configured to run with your previous graphics card?

Did you rerun the config utility? Also check your config.ini file to see how much Video RAM has been identified.

I'm running a GTX970 and get in the high 200s - low 300s for fps.

7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk
    Reiza Studios Premium

Ratings:
    +993
    Be careful what AA settings you choose with ATI, if you pick the wrong one the FPS will nose dive and not offer any visible benefit.

8. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +149
    Cheers, guys. :) I had AA turned on in the GSConfig.
    This is now off and the VSync is also turned on now. It looks like one of these things or both together were the main issue. Leaning more towards vSync, since with it OFF i can get 100+ fps on ultra preset, yet the picture/camera movement feels sluggish, lazy, choppy and not smooth. With vSync ON the picture is smooth.
    Config.ini says this about vram : ''VideoRAM=2783''.

With vSync on i now tried the following tracks with the Camaro:
    - Guapore (smooth, no complaints)
    - Goiania (mostly smooth, but with multiple times per lap noticeable stuttering and twitching, especially coming around the corner and when many objects come into view or just random twitching when i drive in a straight line).
    - Jacarepagua oval in Camaro SS..how fun is this combo, lol :D :thumbsup:
    (smooth, no noticeable/no major stutters or twitching)

Will play with the settings more and do more testing in the coming days and see what more i can do to stabilize the performance across all the tracks/combos. Thanks

9. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +149
    I also keep having problems with alt-tab not bringing the screen back up fully.
    It switches back to desktop/other apps and it then does switch back to the game, because i can hear the sounds, but the screen doesn't come back up and i have to kill the game.

Why is that ? Any other app interfering, like afterburner, steam or something else ?

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roberto Ravanello

Roberto Ravanello

Ratings:
    +0
    I see that the lateral mirrors of Stock Cars V8 are badly set, they reflect badly what you have behind and laterally. Copa Petronas cars (as example) reflect very well instead.
    there is a way to set these correctly?

Tnx

11. Heyer54

Heyer54

Ratings:
    +0
    in GSC not all vehicles are displayed, but vehicles and rfm file are all in the folder

12. Yuri Bascope

Yuri Bascope

Ratings:
    +53
    How can I allow the DRS in a car? Example, a F1 2014 mod. It's on HDV?

13. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias

Ratings:
    +98
  14. Wedsley Dias

Wedsley Dias

Ratings:
    +98
    This has been much discussed ... this last update until a little better, but still does not work so well, see this thread about:
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/cockpit-mirrors-viewpoint-and-xy-scale.101020/

15. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    How can I have a track map on the left side of the screen? It used to be there but nothing now. I cannot find the controls for it. Any help would be appreciated.

16. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +149
    Num 0, if i'm not mistaken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Dennis Phelan

Dennis Phelan
    more about staying on track. Premium

Ratings:
    +2,728
    "0" on the numberpad is the sequential control, unless you have installed "XD" for monitoring, then all you will get is the track bar along the bottom of the screen.

18. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +78
    @Slalom823 , unless perhaps you've installed something that may have overwritten the original d3d9.dll, and trackmap (per trackmap.ini) refers to this.

19. Slalom823

Slalom823
    RDTCC S10 Champion Premium

Ratings:
    +429
    Thanks guys, #0 did the trick.

20. PATR10T

PATR10T

Ratings:
    +530
    can someone point me to a thread or post how to edit the car classes right? looks like the system i use now dosnt work right... instead of the class gt3 it shows the cars name :D

for example right now i use on the veh file

Classes="reizaEECGT3"

Category="EEC GT3, Porsche 997 GT3 R"

on liveracers it shows the cars name as class...

http://europeanendurancecenter.liveracers.com/Live?server=EEC GT3 Test

should i remove the cars name on category and just let gt3?