• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Stock Car Extreme - All the tips you need to know

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Patrick Giranthon, Aug 20, 2014.

1. David Lavenhagen

David Lavenhagen

Ratings:
    +0
    ^ that is my setup. Thanks again. I think I was using 45 which seemed a bit off.

Now another question. Just tried the 997 Cup car (looks great!) and played around with the in game FFB slider but I still must be clipping a lot as once a certain point is reached mid-corner, it just feels the same. Is there a FFB setup you recommend for the Cup cars? Is there somehow to get FFB clipping meter in GSC?

2. Spinelli

Spinelli

Ratings:
    +153
    I would research this, there a million ways to edit the FFB from the FFB section in the controller INI file and in the Real Feel settings

3. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,575
    Did you try the Ffb settings I put in the mod?

Try to reduce strenght first.

4. David Lavenhagen

David Lavenhagen

Ratings:
    +0
    I did put the realfeel settings in you included. I reduced the in game FFB to 60% on Medium and feels much better. Still a bit uncommunicative at the limit with my CSW V2. Really wish there was a FFB Clipping meter for GSCE...I have no idea how there is not.

5. Rivas

Rivas

Ratings:
    +1
    I noticed that game stock car mirrors are killing my fps. If i play a custom mod (like f1asr 92 or gt3), i can put a custom low res mirror.bmp in the mod´s vehicle folder and solve the issue... but, since version 1.20, the mirror.bmp trick doesn´t work anymore, due to the encrypt method that Reiza made to their cars and tracks, maybe to protect copyright. Then, since 1.20v, i´ve to disable mirrors to get 60 fps; otherwise, with mirrors enabled, it drops to 35 - 50 fps, what is an annoying issue.

Anyone knows how to put a low res mirror or something else that solve this awful issue?

6. Gert Snyman

Gert Snyman

Ratings:
    +15
    What is your PC spec that you are running on? It would seem that you have a very low spec PC.
    Also include what your video settings are set to in game.

7. Rivas

Rivas

Ratings:
    +1
    My notebook is a i5 -2520M 2.5Ghz Sandy Bridge, 4gb ddr3, Nvidia Gt540m 1gb ram.
    I set resolution on 1600x900 32bits and all display settings on High, except Shadows (medium) and Motion Blur (off). My notebook runs smoothly on High Graphic Setting games that are a lot more "heavier" to CPU and Video card than GSCE, like F1 2013, Max Payne 3 and others. Don´t forget that my problem only occurs when mirrors are on; when i toogle it off or when i can put a lower res mirror (only with any custom mod), the problem is solved. In addiction, turning the display settings to Medium don´t solve my problem. I saw in other forums that more people has the same issue than mine. Please, if you know something that can solve this awful issue, tell me, ´cause its very annoying to play this beatifull game without mirrors on.

8. Gert Snyman

Gert Snyman

Ratings:
    +15

Maybe try it at 16bit & medium settings. No shadows & blur off.

9. mondeo68

mondeo68

Ratings:
    +1
    Why opening c/ gsc2013/ user data/ there is only controller and there isn't my name. Can you help me?

10. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +149
    Did you create a profile in game ?

11. mondeo68

mondeo68

Ratings:
    +1
    yes

12. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž

Ratings:
    +149
    Sorry, i have no clue. Maybe try running GSCsync from the root installation and see if it downloads any missing files. Or it may be the profile name consists of ''weird'' characters...just a guess.
    I'm really not familiar enough with this side of the software to know what may be causing this.

13. mondeo68

mondeo68

Ratings:
    +1
    I try to change name

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen

Ratings:
    +2
    Hi
    I'm trying to figure out how to change the sounds in Formula Extreme.
    If you take a look in the vehicle ini files (e.g. Vehicles\F_Extreme\Banbury FR Team)
    The all refers to use: Sounds=F_Extreme.sfx
    However there is no F_Extreme.sfx ?

In short terms I then tried to copy a .sfx file from a mod (GPTeam_1998), renamed it to F_Extreme.sfx and pasted the sound libraries into \GameData\Sounds\F_Extreme.

Nothing has changed in the sound - it's not even missing the old one.
    How to do stuff like this (help please :) ) or find info about it?
    (Edit) Especially the revs max. sound is awful (sorry) in the original sound.
    Alternatively, how can I change/add a "limiter_in" file or similar for the F-Extreme?

Cheers

15. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen

Ratings:
    +2
    Actually there are no .sfx files at all!?
    Only the default.sfx, that refers to a folder called "default" which also not exist.
    How to define sound files at all then?

Regards
    Chris

16. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,575
    You have to change the sfx file name in the veh

17. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +78
    rfdynhud no longer working for me with my setup after the update to v1.25. Anyone knows how to resolve this? Still have trackmapplugin pointing to the d3d9.dll (ie. d3d9_rfdynhud.dll).

EDIT: working now, required a reinstall.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  18. Mitch Bird

Mitch Bird

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi is there eny way to change the time of day in the dedicated server for the practise session.
    Thnx.

19. Patrick Giranthon

Patrick Giranthon
    Premium

Ratings:
    +5,575
    You have to change the .gdb . But everybody needs the same gdb or you will have mismatch.

20. Gui Cramer

Gui Cramer

Ratings:
    +760
    Hello, I can't seem to find how to add my own team and have it appear properly in the game. For example, creating an additional Stock Car team, or even creating my own Stock Car series (basically, a league thing) taking the 2014 as a base. Copying the folder - V8_2014 - and changing the name, then trying to change .veh stuff didn't work.

Can someone assist me?