Stock Car Extreme - All the tips you need to know

To edit some files, you will need Notepad++. Please download it here.
All editions must be done with game off (especially for dedicated servers).

Personal settings
  • I want to put the virtual mirrors
  • I see vehicule parts in the rearview mirror
  • I have a strange feeling with my Fanatec wheel
  • I want to opimize my AntiAliasing setup

Server settings
  • My server doesn't run warm up
  • I want to raise up maximum drivers online
  • I want to allow driver swap in race
  • I want to add balast to some drivers
  • I want to reverse the grid or a part of the grid

DRS et tyres configuration for F1
  • DRS
  • Tyres

Issues and bugs
  • I have some stuttering
  • I can't load tracks
  • Night races give a big fps loss

Last edited:
http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/index.php?m=3 :)

By the way, iRacing uses horizontal FOV (H.FOV) not vertical (V.FOV), so in that calculator just use pCars for your iRacing FOV.

179 H.FOV w/ triple 27" 16:9 monitors means that your eyes are about 20.5" from the centre monitor. When I convert those measurements to V.FOV (rF2, GSC, AC, etc.) I get 36 degrees for your V.FOV games.

^ that is my setup. Thanks again. I think I was using 45 which seemed a bit off.

Now another question. Just tried the 997 Cup car (looks great!) and played around with the in game FFB slider but I still must be clipping a lot as once a certain point is reached mid-corner, it just feels the same. Is there a FFB setup you recommend for the Cup cars? Is there somehow to get FFB clipping meter in GSC?

I noticed that game stock car mirrors are killing my fps. If i play a custom mod (like f1asr 92 or gt3), i can put a custom low res mirror.bmp in the mod´s vehicle folder and solve the issue... but, since version 1.20, the mirror.bmp trick doesn´t work anymore, due to the encrypt method that Reiza made to their cars and tracks, maybe to protect copyright. Then, since 1.20v, i´ve to disable mirrors to get 60 fps; otherwise, with mirrors enabled, it drops to 35 - 50 fps, what is an annoying issue.

Anyone knows how to put a low res mirror or something else that solve this awful issue?

I noticed that game stock car mirrors are killing my fps. If i play a custom mod (like f1asr 92 or gt3), i can put a custom low res mirror.bmp in the mod´s vehicle folder and solve the issue... but, since version 1.20, the mirror.bmp trick doesn´t work anymore, due to the encrypt method that Reiza made to their cars and tracks, maybe to protect copyright. Then, since 1.20v, i´ve to disable mirrors to get 60 fps; otherwise, with mirrors enabled, it drops to 35 - 50 fps, what is an annoying issue.

Anyone knows how to put a low res mirror or something else that solve this awful issue?

What is your PC spec that you are running on? It would seem that you have a very low spec PC.
Also include what your video settings are set to in game.

What is your PC spec that you are running on? It would seem that you have a very low spec PC.
Also include what your video settings are set to in game.
My notebook is a i5 -2520M 2.5Ghz Sandy Bridge, 4gb ddr3, Nvidia Gt540m 1gb ram.
I set resolution on 1600x900 32bits and all display settings on High, except Shadows (medium) and Motion Blur (off). My notebook runs smoothly on High Graphic Setting games that are a lot more "heavier" to CPU and Video card than GSCE, like F1 2013, Max Payne 3 and others. Don´t forget that my problem only occurs when mirrors are on; when i toogle it off or when i can put a lower res mirror (only with any custom mod), the problem is solved. In addiction, turning the display settings to Medium don´t solve my problem. I saw in other forums that more people has the same issue than mine. Please, if you know something that can solve this awful issue, tell me, ´cause its very annoying to play this beatifull game without mirrors on.

My notebook is a i5 -2520M 2.5Ghz Sandy Bridge, 4gb ddr3, Nvidia Gt540m 1gb ram.
I set resolution on 1600x900 32bits and all display settings on High, except Shadows (medium) and Motion Blur (off). My notebook runs smoothly on High Graphic Setting games that are a lot more "heavier" to CPU and Video card than GSCE, like F1 2013, Max Payne 3 and others. Don´t forget that my problem only occurs when mirrors are on; when i toogle it off or when i can put a lower res mirror (only with any custom mod), the problem is solved. In addiction, turning the display settings to Medium don´t solve my problem. I saw in other forums that more people has the same issue than mine. Please, if you know something that can solve this awful issue, tell me, ´cause its very annoying to play this beatifull game without mirrors on.

Maybe try it at 16bit & medium settings. No shadows & blur off.

Sorry, i have no clue. Maybe try running GSCsync from the root installation and see if it downloads any missing files. Or it may be the profile name consists of ''weird'' characters...just a guess.
I'm really not familiar enough with this side of the software to know what may be causing this.

Hi
I'm trying to figure out how to change the sounds in Formula Extreme.
If you take a look in the vehicle ini files (e.g. Vehicles\F_Extreme\Banbury FR Team)
The all refers to use: Sounds=F_Extreme.sfx
However there is no F_Extreme.sfx ?

In short terms I then tried to copy a .sfx file from a mod (GPTeam_1998), renamed it to F_Extreme.sfx and pasted the sound libraries into \GameData\Sounds\F_Extreme.

Nothing has changed in the sound - it's not even missing the old one.
How to do stuff like this (help please :) ) or find info about it?
(Edit) Especially the revs max. sound is awful (sorry) in the original sound.
Alternatively, how can I change/add a "limiter_in" file or similar for the F-Extreme?

Cheers

rfdynhud no longer working for me with my setup after the update to v1.25. Anyone knows how to resolve this? Still have trackmapplugin pointing to the d3d9.dll (ie. d3d9_rfdynhud.dll).

EDIT: working now, required a reinstall.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 130869

Hello, I can't seem to find how to add my own team and have it appear properly in the game. For example, creating an additional Stock Car team, or even creating my own Stock Car series (basically, a league thing) taking the 2014 as a base. Copying the folder - V8_2014 - and changing the name, then trying to change .veh stuff didn't work.

Can someone assist me?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 285 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years