Steam

Basicliy I was sent to a Steam community site for another Race group and I noticed I was not loged into the community pages and entered details. I have scaned my system and steam and found nothing.

Basicliy I was sent to a Steam community site for another Race group and I noticed I was not loged into the community pages and entered details. I have scaned my system and steam and found nothing.

Its just the basic form of phishing. Hope other learn from it, the only time you enter Steam credentials is when you start steam and the loginbox appears.

But its just stupid that people are able to hijack. You can for example always recover your password and changing the loginname is not possible in Steam.
Why in the world can you change the contact email address without confirmation. Thats the only thing Valve has to solve.

IMO it should be easy for Valve to trace the attackers by IP and therefor trace their own Steam account maybe.
I guess you are in contact with Valve to get your account and games back?

Thanks for the warning Jarrod. It made me paranoid, so I went and changed my password for something a bit stronger.

Thanks for the warning Jarrod. It made me paranoid, so I went and changed my password for something a bit stronger.

Yeah, being new to steam (only used since getting GTRe last September) signed up with a easily remembered password, but after reading this have changed it to probably the most complex password ever. Just hope I don`t forget it now.

People should always use strong password these days. Don't worry if you can't remember it just write it down and you'll learn it in no time. People on the other side of the world cannot get the papar :). Steam hold data about your payment details. Although not normally able to be deisplayed to end users you never so be carefull.

I remember when the internet was an inocent place :( albiet probably a decade ago.

Whooo Steam is in the house. Just got serveral emails from Steam they were able to prove my account had been Hijacked and were able to retrive my account. All I've had to do is change some details and Im up and running.

hackers? hardly. Its a phishing stunt proably carried out by some little scipt kiddie on a power trip.

Glad you got your accounts back safe guys. Seems steam are pretty quick with these things, can't be a bad thing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.