Some New Alfa Content Coming to Assetto Corsa?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale .jpg

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has posted a very interesting picture on Facebook, prompting speculation that new Alfa Romeo content could be heading to Assetto Corsa soon...

The mystery post from Massarutto highlights one of the more ambitious and rare historic cars of Alfa Romeo's rich heritage, the visually (and audibly) stunning Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

Posted as part of his personal Facebook account, Massarutto confirms the brilliant little 33 Stradale will be "coming soon to Assetto Corsa", prompting some speculation as to if the car will be released as a standalone vehicle or part of a wider Alfa Romeo DLC package further down the line.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo.jpg

Produced between 1967 and 1969, Alfa manufactured just 18 examples of this high performance mid engine sports car and represents Alfa's intention to build a racing car for the road. Based on the foundations laid down by the Autodelta Alfa Romeo Tipo 33, the car immediately achieved near legendary status amongst motorcar enthusiasts.

Despite having been built during the early days of performance road car manufacture in the late 1960's, the 33 Stradale was still capable of achieving an incredible 0-60 mph in under 5.5 seconds and retailed from new for $17,000 - now thought to be in excess of $10,000,000 for a clean example of the vehicle.

Technical Specifications

Engine:
90° V8 DOHC
Displacement: 1,995 cc (121.7 cu in)
Power :230 bhp (170 kW) at 8,800 rpm
Torque: 200 N·m (150 lb·ft) at 7,000 rpm
Top speed: 260 km/h (160 mph)
0–97 km/h (0-60 mph): 5.5 seconds

Massarutto nor the Assetto Corsa team themselves have confirmed any release dates or pricing structure for the new DLC as of yet, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment to find out more as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to more Alfa Romeo content in AC? Which cars would you like to see included if indeed a pack should be released? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
All these guys included me they are complain against news like the announce from the "phenomenal" mybe new car Alfa Romeo, are complaining because it is just ridiculous that the last track that come official per DLC at the 14. July 2016....
The last official track was feb 2017... I kinda doubt they took a 6 month break while waiting for Laguna seca deal to be completed though.

The last official track was feb 2017... I kinda doubt they took a 6 month break while waiting for Laguna seca deal to be completed though.

Hey Man not being obtuse here , but honestly what would it matter if they (Kunos) did take 6 months off, i don't think anybody likes being held to a gun (Certainly not me) its just all seems very demanding to me, almost like people think they are entitled to something

Just wanted to add one more and I'll stop. Special request by a certain user...
The Alfa Aerodinamica from 1914. (that is 1st world war, not second) nice for those online races on boring tracks...
maxresdefault.jpg
haha please somebody mod this, i could be sipping coffee around the Nordschleife in this, loads of room, could even get a espresso/kettle teapot maker in the back section

• Deleted member 241736

it's great man.. you should totally make a racesim game and then move on to do nothing all day, I'll keep a table for you :p.. we can sit and laugh at all the people getting pissed at us on RD :D
.... not really customer friendly your thoughts IMO

Just wanted to add one more and I'll stop. Special request by a certain user...
The Alfa Aerodinamica from 1914. (that is 1st world war, not second) nice for those online races on boring tracks...
maxresdefault.jpg

This looks like it was designed by a person who has been sipping a lot !

Since Lord Kunos has appeared at this wonderful discussion chances increased dramaticaly that the wishlist will come true, but I'm too tired to google pics. So I think that any more Alfa Romeos would be great, especially if it would be a Ferrari. Also if the older - the better.

:D

sitting, sipping coffee and reading idiots on RD.. that's the complete picture.
Yep I'm a total idiot. But hey I spoke my mind on the Assetto forum too and because that is not allowed you banned me. In fact I had very good suggestions as to how you could make Assetto multiplayer much better because it's obvious it has huge problems, but I was told my idea was impossible to implement and stupid. Then you made insulting comments which apparently is ok because it's your forum. I called you on it and stood up to you which got me banned, so whatever. Enjoy your Assetto fanboy site. Talk about whatever you want, make yourself feel good. And of course, sip copious amounts of espresso. Look, in the end I've come to realize that anymore you're either a massive fanboy or you can just keep your mouth shut, which suits me fine. Make your games and make them however you want. Pretend you care about what everyone wants while we pretend to love everything about Assetto. When 3 huge titles are unleashed this fall just about everyone will be buying one or more of them while pretending that they didn't. In my book Gran Turismo Sport, while you may love it or hate it, or love Kaz or hate him, that multiplayer system will no doubt be one of the best ever. And just about everyone will be playing it pretending they're not. But please remember to take no criticism! Do not allow anyone to voice their opinion! Just remember, whether you accept it or not, this business is still about the customer. The customer is king whether you like it or not. When I am playing Gran Turismo Sport or Forza 7 or PCars2 later this year I will try to have a look at what new car Assetto has released. At what new DLC they want me to buy. I will seriously try to pretend that I care. But more than likely I will be too busy playing another title. I know. Now it's time to ban me again. But hey, this is not your site so you can't! Bwaaaaahahaha.

Yep I'm a total idiot. But hey I spoke my mind on the Assetto forum too and because that is not allowed you banned me. In fact I had very good suggestions as to how you could make Assetto multiplayer much better because it's obvious it has huge problems, but I was told my idea was impossible to implement and stupid. Then you made insulting comments which apparently is ok because it's your forum. I called you on it and stood up to you which got me banned, so whatever. Enjoy your Assetto fanboy site. Talk about whatever you want, make yourself feel good. And of course, sip copious amounts of espresso. Look, in the end I've come to realize that anymore you're either a massive fanboy or you can just keep your mouth shut, which suits me fine. Make your games and make them however you want. Pretend you care about what everyone wants while we pretend to love everything about Assetto. When 3 huge titles are unleashed this fall just about everyone will be buying one or more of them while pretending that they didn't. In my book Gran Turismo Sport, while you may love it or hate it, or love Kaz or hate him, that multiplayer system will no doubt be one of the best ever. And just about everyone will be playing it pretending they're not. But please remember to take no criticism! Do not allow anyone to voice their opinion! Just remember, whether you accept it or not, this business is still about the customer. The customer is king whether you like it or not. When I am playing Gran Turismo Sport or Forza 7 or PCars2 later this year I will try to have a look at what new car Assetto has released. At what new DLC they want me to buy. I will seriously try to pretend that I care. But more than likely I will be too busy playing another title. I know. Now it's time to ban me again. But hey, this is not your site so you can't! Bwaaaaahahaha.
You are just ONE customer. Devs obviously have to update and add to their game things that affect the bigger picture, not just YOUR desires.

But your opinion is still important, adding to the opinion of others. That gathering of opinions and desires are then more strongly taken into account since its coming from a bigger part of the community.

A lot of players want more tracks, even the devs want more tracks (they are players too). But being aggressive with it on the forums won't just make a track appear out of thin air into the game. We already know Laguna Seca is in development inside the game. So that's confirmed.

I just wish ppl would read the OP. This thread is about the Alfa Romeo 33 and possible other cars being released in a future pack. I would say go to the AC forum and vent your frustrations over there. Oh wait, you're banned? No wonder...

Edit:
One other thing you could do is open a new thread for all the whining and moaning. I doubt it will be read though. At least not by me and a whole lot of other ppl.

Jimmie: I don't need you to tell me how ####### good my coffee is, okay? I'm the one who buys it. I know how good it is. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys ####. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff because when I drink it I want to taste it. But you know what's on my mind right now? It AIN'T the coffee in my kitchen, it's the ALFA THAT'S NOT in my garage.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back