Some New Alfa Content Coming to Assetto Corsa?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale .jpg

Marco Massarutto of Kunos Simulazioni has posted a very interesting picture on Facebook, prompting speculation that new Alfa Romeo content could be heading to Assetto Corsa soon...

The mystery post from Massarutto highlights one of the more ambitious and rare historic cars of Alfa Romeo's rich heritage, the visually (and audibly) stunning Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale.

Posted as part of his personal Facebook account, Massarutto confirms the brilliant little 33 Stradale will be "coming soon to Assetto Corsa", prompting some speculation as to if the car will be released as a standalone vehicle or part of a wider Alfa Romeo DLC package further down the line.

Assetto Corsa Alfa Romeo.jpg

Produced between 1967 and 1969, Alfa manufactured just 18 examples of this high performance mid engine sports car and represents Alfa's intention to build a racing car for the road. Based on the foundations laid down by the Autodelta Alfa Romeo Tipo 33, the car immediately achieved near legendary status amongst motorcar enthusiasts.

Despite having been built during the early days of performance road car manufacture in the late 1960's, the 33 Stradale was still capable of achieving an incredible 0-60 mph in under 5.5 seconds and retailed from new for $17,000 - now thought to be in excess of $10,000,000 for a clean example of the vehicle.

Technical Specifications

Engine:
90° V8 DOHC
Displacement: 1,995 cc (121.7 cu in)
Power :230 bhp (170 kW) at 8,800 rpm
Torque: 200 N·m (150 lb·ft) at 7,000 rpm
Top speed: 260 km/h (160 mph)
0–97 km/h (0-60 mph): 5.5 seconds

Massarutto nor the Assetto Corsa team themselves have confirmed any release dates or pricing structure for the new DLC as of yet, however stay tuned to RaceDepartment to find out more as and when it becomes available.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

Check out the Assetto Corsa RaceDepartment sub forum for all the latest news and discussions regarding Kunos premium racing simulation. Also don't forget to check out our substantial modding forum for downloads, modding discussions, add on cars and tracks as well as many useful additions to the Italian sim.

RaceDepartment hold regular racing events for a wide variety of skills, head on over to the RaceDepartment Assetto Corsa Racing Club to check out the many events we have available to join today!

Looking forward to more Alfa Romeo content in AC? Which cars would you like to see included if indeed a pack should be released? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Yay :cool: Should be an interesting addition. Certainly more so than a millionth GT3 or modern street car. Not that there's anything wrong with them, but the game already has a lot of both, they should be adding the kind of cars the game does not have methinks. I wish they added some touring cars though, that's something AC sorely lacks.

Have to wonder though, what does "soon" mean in this case? They announced Giulia Quadrifoglio last year, and we know they're working on the Ferrari DLC at the moment.

So funny, cars are cool. Very cool the little alfa looks sexy as hell. However what AC needs is more official Tracks. I would have thought by now Kunos or 5 whatever games they are called would have twigged. Come on Kat man work it out give the fans more tracks.

Have to strongly agree more features/track to make this a more complete package....I know online counts for a small percent but its clear to see trends, once dlc are released online is pack with dlc races , after 4 weeks everyone calms and back to the same old.
Too many good cars on AC no one racing them.

Really, more Alfa's. Next up, more Lotus...
Yes, more Alfa's and Lotus cars please. All of them for all I care. More driving pleasure for the people who appreciate them and to spite those that don't...

How about more bloody tracks instead???
We need features and tracks... I'm bored of AC, almost never run it anymore. If I wanted a car collection game I'd play Forza
Stop street cars, bring missing features, fix the existing features to be complete, then bring cars
The people implementing the cars won't code you features...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back