1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Skinning Tutorial

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Mods' started by Ramon van Rijn, May 22, 2008.

1. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

I started this tutorial some months ago on RaceSimCentral, but after a while the graphics were lost. At the moment even the startpost was gone.

Recovered the text and reformatted it into a PDF.

Hope it is still useful for our members.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. wonderful tuto ramon:thumb:
  3. Great work, thx m8!
  4. thanks very much, this is perfect for me.
    great work :) :)
  5. Thank you for your tuto, Ramon. Just need to get my copy of GTR Evolution...
  6. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Play.com, only 25 eur delivered from Sept 5th :)
  7. Are there other applications other than Photoshop that can be used for skins? Photoshop is pretty expensive and I am not sure I would use it for too much else. Thanks!
  8. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

You can use any tool as long as you keep these 2 options in mind:

• The paintapp needs support for Photoshop Layers to read the SimBin templates (or you need a friend who can convert some parts of the layers to your paintapp.
    • You need a DDS exporter which works with your paintapp or a standalone tool (don't know if it exist btw)
  9. I downloaded GIMP and even found some tutorials (at NoGrip). Now to watch and learn....

10. as i am new to all this, i need all the help i can get.
    thanx it wil come in handy

11. Could anybody tell me if this would be possible with Paint.net?
  12. As long as you cam find a dds converter yes you should be able to the basis of the body designs.

As for widows as long as Paint.net allows you to alter Alpha Channels then as before all you would need is a dds converter.
  13. Does paint.net have layers?
  14. Does Paint.NET open .PSD-Files ?
  15. if i look in the features it supports layers. So i expact it can open those files. But not sure.

edit seems there is a photoshop plugin
    paintnet:psdplugin [frankblumenberg.de]
  16. Ramon van Rijn

Ramon van Rijn
    Premium Member

Don't forget you also need a dds plugin to save the files.. Or a converter afterwards.
  17. Nice going
  18. Thanks for the guide, most useful
  19. thank you / merci

thank you

Moderator note: please stop spamming "thank you" (posts merged)