SketchUp

It takes some time to work with this prg but it's great fun.
I wish to thank escpecially Martinez for teaching me the very basics, but you're proberly still not happy with my amount of object poly's :D
But you are very right to try to keep it all as 'small' as possible.

I found that working with jpg's in SketchUp is (for me) the most difficoult part. I mean to import a jpg in a model and mess around with those axes...

This is my first created house and I gladly want to get some critical comments about it. No mercy ;)
What I did: found some jpg on the Inet (more or less 2D) imported in a SketchUp model (just a square) and build it manual into a 3D model.

However I'm not too happy about the end result in rFactor, see pic (from left to right) Maybe something to do with sun&shadows ? too gray imo. Btw on the right side of the building, wich you can't see, it's brighter.
sketch_model_as_001.jpg

No, the lack of responses is because I already typed out all there is needed to know :p
What is it you don't understand? You are going to have to learn how the guts of it all works if you want to produce good tracks (I mean that in a nice way :) )

I learned most of what I know from reverse engineering other people's work, I learned how to set up lights in xpacker by reverse engineering the default xpack. To do that I simply unzipped the default.zip into the xpacker\xpacks folder and opened it up in xpacker so I could look at how Brendan set it up. I took screenshots of each page (press alt + print Screen and paste into paint and save) Then as I went through and made lights I referred to the screenshots to make sure I set it all up the same way.
Some times I spend days trying to figure one small thing out, in the end it pays off because in the process of figuring it out I learn other things along the way.

See if you can figure it out that way first, if not then I'll give you a step by step guide :)

I'm not a good teacher, but I can teach you how to teach yourself :D

No, the lack of responses is because I already typed out all there is needed to know :p
What is it you don't understand? You are going to have to learn how the guts of it all works if you want to produce good tracks (I mean that in a nice way :) )

I'm not a good teacher, but I can teach you how to teach yourself :D

Not that bad of a teacher lol. Sometimes I just don't put enough faith in my own computer literacy and skills and just search for the most simplest answer. I have managed to do what you mentioned and I think I can now work it back now. Big thanks mianiak this will be a lesson that will definitely help me out when I should come across other obstacles :)

hehe Mianiak, I always want to type Maniak ;) did give some very important info. Basicly I'm working on what he told here. Read very carefully every word he write and yes as he stated it cost you many moons to fully understand, but's thats the fun when you finally get it working :)
And then we bow for master teacher Mianiak :coffee:

Black objects

People i have problems with sketchup objects,i import some objects from sketchup to BTB and they are visible in BTB,but in RBR they are black.
In Xpacker i have red messages about textures widht and height,and i resize them in photoshop in normal size 512x256 etc. but they are still black in RBR
Where i made mistakes,can someone answer me

I see some trees on your picture. You definately should save the texture not as png, but dds AND dxt3. With dtx1 you will have bad black edges. Also - this reminds me when I wanted to check how a material with bump shader would work if I manually delete bump map (texture) from the exported files. They were just black.
And then if you see just faces (like these squares) - the problem is 99% with the texture. Use dds with alpha channels, not png with transparency. You can also work in Gimp, you don't have to buy Photoshop.
Or, also DDS Converter 2 is free and can save dds. Like tress. It's not good for making bump or specular maps (they look very strange), just for diffuse maps you can use with models.

I try with dds2 converter,and i cant load texture..in Gimp i dont have option to export like dds file..
Problem is definetly with textures,i downloaded some objects from google sketchup and they are black in RBR,when i was change texture for some object they start to be visible in RBR,but with wrong textures you lose purpose of object...

Are you sure that the image size is correct? It has to be in powers of 2 (or 4). Upload your texture(s) here, I can check them and try to find what's wrong. You have to zip files, rd system doesn't accept dds as attachments.
There must be some dds plugin for Gimp, search for it of ask Gimp users about it.

Im not sure in anything now,here is links from google sketchup,first is trees from picture above,and second link is most important to me,how to force that vine to be visible in RBR

http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=8b3c6abc98e21636c19773ea4151b25b&prevstart=12

The result of this skp is not a power of 2 image.
Open in Sketchup 6, export 3D, rename kmz to zip.
Extract zip. Check Images folder and you will see that the image vine3-lengthwise-offset-preview.png is 500 x 369 Pixels.
Rebatch to maybe 512 x 256.
Copy back to folder Images (overwrite yes).
Now start Xpacker and try again.
And maybe, make the png a jpg first.

Good luck m8

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies