SimXperience GS-5 G-Seat + DBOX 4250i actuators

Hi all :)

I have a Simlab P1X with DBOX 4250i actuators which I love. To increase the immersion I was thinking to buy the SimXperience GS-5 seat to better simulate lateral g-forces.
Does anyone know if these two system can play well together?

I've read it weights a lot (I was thinking around 17kg/40lbs but I've now read somewhere on this forum that should be about 30kg/70lbs). Now, I do not have any monitor mounted on the rig, only a simucube + wheel, pedals and shifter.... I weight 73kg... by adding this heavy seat on the rig am I going to hurt the dbox motors? Or are they going to have performance issues?

Thanks a lot!

Alvise

I had a GS-5 on my sim rig with a D-Box 4250i.

No issues from a weight or performance aspect, however I sold the GS-5 as I found it too uncomfortable and reverted back to a regular racing seat.

I had a GS-5 on my sim rig with a D-Box 4250i.

No issues from a weight or performance aspect, however I sold the GS-5 as I found it too uncomfortable and reverted back to a regular racing seat.
thanks @Beef36 , apart from the comport, how was the combo dbox + gs5 on the immersion side and g forces simulation?

For another viewpoint a very similar combo, search for the life of a sim rig channel on YouTube. He seems very happy with the gseat combined with a 4 actuator system.

Life Of a SIM Rig

Thank you @NetLawMan! Waiting for your gseat then :D

thanks @Beef36 , apart from the comport, how was the combo dbox + gs5 on the immersion side and g forces simulation?
I found the combined GS-5 and D-Box worked well. No compatibility issues running D-Box Control Centre and SimCommander software.

The G-force simulation was pretty good, but I found the level of immersion and fun provided by D-Box to be higher.

If I had to choose one, I'd choose D-Box over GS-5.

I tried to add some extra seat padding to make the GS-5 more comfortable but it's a double edged sword because it reduces g-force effects.

I'll wait and see if SimXperience bring out a GS-6 or maybe another brand g-force seat in the future....

The GS-5 wil the perfect addition to your 4 actuator motion system.

I have an GS-5 for about 3 years now and i absolutely love it. Could not race without it anymore.
I would have a very hard time choosing between my GS-5 and the SFX100 if i really had to.

Not only does it add sustained G- forces in the corners , but the GS-5 also provides excellent Surge forces (especially acceleration). Now even after 3 years of usage, jumping into a fast accelerating Group B car in Dirt Rally 2 still puts a smile on my face every time.

The seat is also prepared for 4 tactile pucks, yes even with a D-box, you need that tactile upgrade.

At best a GS-5 is combined with a seat belt, but even better is adding a belt tensioner for maximum immersion.

GS-5 + 4 actuator system = Golden combo in simracing
GS-5 + 4 actuators + tactile + belt tensioner = Platinum

The GS-5 wil the perfect addition to your 4 actuator motion system.

I have an GS-5 for about 3 years now and i absolutely love it. Could not race without it anymore.
I would have a very hard time choosing between my GS-5 and the SFX100 if i really had to.

Not only does it add sustained G- forces in the corners , but the GS-5 also provides excellent Surge forces (especially acceleration). Now even after 3 years of usage, jumping into a fast accelerating Group B car in Dirt Rally 2 still puts a smile on my face every time.

The seat is also prepared for 4 tactile pucks, yes even with a D-box, you need that tactile upgrade.

At best a GS-5 is combined with a seat belt, but even better is adding a belt tensioner for maximum immersion.

GS-5 + 4 actuator system = Golden combo in simracing
GS-5 + 4 actuators + tactile + belt tensioner = Platinum
Thank you! I have also ordered the belt tensioners :D

Last edited:
I found the combined GS-5 and D-Box worked well. No compatibility issues running D-Box Control Centre and SimCommander software.

The G-force simulation was pretty good, but I found the level of immersion and fun provided by D-Box to be higher.

If I had to choose one, I'd choose D-Box over GS-5.

I tried to add some extra seat padding to make the GS-5 more comfortable but it's a double edged sword because it reduces g-force effects.

I'll wait and see if SimXperience bring out a GS-6 or maybe another brand g-force seat in the future....
Thank you! I'm going to ask them if there is any GS-6 that will be released soon....

I don’t remember the website, but after ordering the gseat I googled comfort and came upon a forum discussion about improving comfort for the GS-5. Ultimately it led to WingsandWheels.

Based on the recommendations in that thread, I ordered two hard and two soft foam in 16x 18 so I don’t have to cut. I don’t even know if I will need them, but when the gseat comes in, They will be here and ready for testing.

I highly doubt there will be a GS-6 any time soon.

You could argue about the ergonomics, panels placement ect but in the end the GS-5 is a fairly polished product
They seem to do a lot of testing. When I ordered the gseat and Gbelt, they said both were finished/polished products and there were not any upcoming replacements.

I don’t remember the website, but after ordering the gseat I googled comfort and came upon a forum discussion about improving comfort for the GS-5. Ultimately it led to WingsandWheels.

Based on the recommendations in that thread, I ordered two hard and two soft foam in 16x 18 so I don’t have to cut. I don’t even know if I will need them, but when the gseat comes in, They will be here and ready for testing.
You should at least glue hard foam to the bottom panels for better comfort a the butt without losing any performance.

In my rig update post you can see some of the mods i made to my GS-5 including adding extra padding, panel extenders and hard foam on the bottom. And also the exciters build into the panels.

You should at least glue hard foam to the bottom panels for better comfort a the butt without losing any performance.

In my rig update post you can see some of the mods i made to my GS-5 including adding extra padding, panel extenders and hard foam on the bottom. And also the exciters build into the panels.

Very cool. Can you help me better understand “better placement of the panels” “panel extenders”?

Last edited:

Very nice!

While SimXperience may or may not be considering a G5-6 (I have no idea), hopefully they consider some of your comfort modification for their future innovations. I think it'll make a big difference.

I highly doubt there will be a GS-6 any time soon.

You could argue about the ergonomics, panels placement ect but in the end the GS-5 is a fairly polished product
Yeah, I've spoken with then and it seems there is no plan of gs6 this year. I've ordered the gs5 along with the g-belt, they should arrive in 10 days :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.