SimXperience GS-5 G-Seat + DBOX 4250i actuators

I have both a D-box 4250 g3 and g-belt for the past 6 months and enjoying it! Sim racing has gotten me back into gaming - for now, I really only race in VR and AMS2 has been my go to with the little time I have.

I purchased the GS5 seat back in mid February and got shipping confirmation the GS5 should be here next week. Sounds like many are in the same shipment batch!

Few questions hoping for input:
1. I have a Simlab P1X chassis with sliding seat rails - are people using the stock GS5 Kirkey brackets? I like the seat to be half way between GT3 and F1 do the brackets support that configuration?
2. How many people play MSFS2020 with their GS5? I'm looking at getting into some flight sims later this year and kinda disappointed there's not that many supported flight SIM games.

Ok, I received my GS5 and I've just finished mounting it and tried it for the first time. It's great, you can really think you have g forces :D Honestly I think that the seat is comfortable, reading reviews I thought it was much more rigid :)

About GSeat and dbox: dbox doesn't seem to have any issue with the seat's weight and the play in sync. Only one thing: with the gs5 I don't feel the dbox vibrations and movements as much as with my previous simlab seat, probably because the foam and that I'm sitting on the gs5 motors...
My dbox settings are all around 40 and gs5 settings are the defaults as well. I'm going to try to crank up the dbox vibrations and see how it goes. Can you please share your experience with this and your dbox/gs5 settings?

Thanks!

Ok, I received my GS5 and I've just finished mounting it and tried it for the first time. It's great, you can really think you have g forces :D Honestly I think that the seat is comfortable, reading reviews I thought it was much more rigid :)

About GSeat and dbox: dbox doesn't seem to have any issue with the seat's weight and the play in sync. Only one thing: with the gs5 I don't feel the dbox vibrations and movements as much as with my previous simlab seat, probably because the foam and that I'm sitting on the gs5 motors...
My dbox settings are all around 40 and gs5 settings are the defaults as well. I'm going to try to crank up the dbox vibrations and see how it goes. Can you please share your experience with this and your dbox/gs5 settings?

Thanks!
Are you using unaltered cloud tune settings or manual? Reason I ask is the GSeat is trying to do everything and you probably don’t want that. Try to have each do separate effects. I’m working on this as well. Right now, I just have GSeat doing turns, acceleration, and breaking, letting actuators do the rest. The GSeat, fully enabled, will muddy the vibes of the actuators. The GSeat can be strong with Road vibrations, etc.

Last edited:
Any ideas what the bag of hw that comes with the gseat is for? Instructions and online resources are silent on this.
Can you please post a picture of the bag you mentioned? I have a p1x and I think I didn’t use any particular hardware apart from the mount it come with and screws

Sorry if this has been asked. I can’t find guidelines anywhere. Does anyone know how to determine what length the shoulder straps should be when installing the Gbelt? Also, what screws
To take out to gain access to the inside so I can route the belts ? Thanks!

find guidelines
G-Seat documentation is in their Learning Center
https://www.simxperience.com/slides/g-belt-documentation-3

Based on their diagram, cover removal should not be required for strap routing:
routing.png

I was able to route the belts without taking any screws off. You should be able to pass the shoulder belts through the seat holes, staying above the internal bar that does the pulling, then use the 3 slots to route your belt. In the first, out third, loop into 2nd slot and out first again. I have a trs harness and I had to bring a lot through, I’ll get it rolled up and tucked away once all is tested.

Attachments

• 3154C3FE-DB5E-4EB8-BEA1-B6FAE3FAA51A.jpeg
    3154C3FE-DB5E-4EB8-BEA1-B6FAE3FAA51A.jpeg
    442.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 53FAC215-0C55-456D-A104-879604E92FE5.jpeg
    53FAC215-0C55-456D-A104-879604E92FE5.jpeg
    425.6 KB · Views: 29
  • E7B4A2F3-E25C-4BA0-B8DD-AFD96D652A3F.jpeg
    E7B4A2F3-E25C-4BA0-B8DD-AFD96D652A3F.jpeg
    857.1 KB · Views: 31
How did you know how much length to keep on the seat side of the Gbelt?

BTW, super thank you guys! Looking forward to giving it a shot today!

Last edited:
I put the lap belt in first, then made an approximation to the harness clip. If you have logos on your harness, think of them as being high on your chest. Your belts will have adjustment in them, so you don’t have to be totally precise

If your pull down clips to tighten the belt are too low on your chest you won’t be able to get sufficient tightness, it’ll always feel just that little bit too loose, at least that’s what I found!

Hi.

Spent a few hours with the new gseat/Gbelt/dbox combo. Very happy so far. I had purchased extra cushion for the bottom, but took it out because it dampened the bottom panels too much.

The seat is very comfortable for me.

The experience is a blast. Spent the time at SPA in ACC in various cars.

I am not using either for road bumps or anything other than braking, acceleration, and cornering.

Had to bump up the sliders in the dbox system as they were dampened a bit (probably the extra weight)

Thanks everyone for your help along the way this far.

Last edited:
Hi.

Spent a few hours with the new gseat/Gbelt/dbox combo. Very happy so far. I had purchased extra cushion for the bottom, but took it out because it dampened the bottom panels too much.

The seat is very comfortable for me.

The experience is a blast. Spent the time at SPA in ACC in various cars.

I am not using either for road bumps or anything other than braking, acceleration, and cornering.

Had to bump up the sliders in the dbox system as they were dampened a bit (probably the extra weight)

Thanks everyone for your help along the way this far.
Out of curiosity, are you using cloud tuning or universal? Since adding actuators, I switched to universal since I’m also only using cornering, braking, and acceleration, and tuning myself. It doesn’t seem as twitchy this way. I know you can adjust using cloud tuning too but it seems different…to me.

Out of curiosity, are you using cloud tuning or universal? Since adding actuators, I switched to universal since I’m also only using cornering, braking, and acceleration, and tuning myself. It doesn’t seem as twitchy this way. I know you can adjust using cloud tuning too but it seems different…to me.
Using cloud tuning. I haven’t noticed any difference, but I haven’t used it long enough to tell.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.