SimXperience GS-5 G-Seat + DBOX 4250i actuators

I have dbox 1st gen on simlab with GS5, no comnpatiblity problem.

Only downside of the GS5 is the motor noise, which is high and also always sound like the motor is dying or something, I mean they are not just wining noise but pretty unsual sounds for electric motors. I especially dislike earing noise of struggle when for example the car is stopped.. you can ear motors going back and forth for no reason, without feeling anything. The smoothing function could be improved. especially when compared to d-box which has such a high quality feel, silent and motion is super smooth.

But if you ahve a headset you will not hear it at all, so for most of us it is not an issue.

The seat structure is also a bit flimsy. it is very thin metal. BEfore I had a real porsche gt3 and it was so much sturdier, I think I could feel more of the d-box feel. The GS5 is so flexible a lot of the dbox vibration are lost I think.

the concept of the GS5 is spot on. But if they coudl make it:
- more rigidity
- silent
- smoother motion

then you would have ... a -box motion seat ;)

The seat structure is also a bit flimsy. it is very thin metal. BEfore I had a real porsche gt3 and it was so much sturdier, I think I could feel more of the d-box feel. The GS5 is so flexible a lot of the dbox vibration are lost I think.
That is really concerning and would cause me to cancel my order. I currently have an ultra sturdy racetech seat. Can other people chime in about sturdiness?

Have you read HoiHman's GS-5 Review?
GS-5 is based on an SFI-certified Kirkey Racing Seat.
There may be more rigid fiber-reinforced plastic seats...
SimXperience chose a large seat; many need to add padding for good fit.
I read it. Also spoke with simxperience after watching the Simpit review where it really looked flimsy. But in the Simpit review, they had it on sliding rails and the mechanism was really far back. Simxperience said it was not an issue. I need a large seat so no concerns there.

One thought is that it might be a certified seat in a car, but perhaps how it is mounted in a real car gives it rigidity it does not have in a sim rig?

Not sure, but that is why it might be great to get clarification from people here (of course including a description of mounting type and rig type would help keep the comparison apples to apples)

One question I do have is how thick and rigid are the mounting brackets?

Last edited:
perhaps how it is mounted in a real car gives it rigidity it does not have in a sim rig
Fair point; Kirkey seat brackets are 3/16-inch:
kir-99214_tw_xl.jpg

SimXperience seemingly provides different ones:
SXP-GSEAT-5.jpg

Last edited:
Here are pics of two things on my current Racetech seat:

The rear mount bolts (high up on the back of the seat) which in the sim world can be used to mount Gbelt (awesome)

The beefy Racetech brackets. They look like the kirkey brackets. (Also awesome)

Note that Racetech has a sim specific seat and brackets, and they are absolute trash. I returned them and got the Racetech 4119W.

Attachments

• C9E3B15C-3148-4310-BA5A-5B41131A5348.jpeg
    C9E3B15C-3148-4310-BA5A-5B41131A5348.jpeg
    557 KB · Views: 40
  • A09776BC-5254-493E-AD00-B50B68B1407E.jpeg
    A09776BC-5254-493E-AD00-B50B68B1407E.jpeg
    542.5 KB · Views: 46
Does anyone know which series kirkey seat the gseat uses? I would like to call them and ask about mounting bracket options because it looks like the gseat uses a bottom mount, but the kirkey site shows only side mount and back mount

Does anyone know which series kirkey seat the gseat uses? I would like to call them and ask about mounting bracket options because it looks like the gseat uses a bottom mount, but the kirkey site shows only side mount and back mount
It's the Kirkey 47 series, which oddly enough is not available on the Kirkey website anymore.

Could this mean it's out of production and we might see a GS-6 when SimXperience runs out of stock because they need to change to a different seat?

SimXperience runs out of stock
A question like that was asked in the previous generation SimXperience customer forum,
to which I vaguely recall the answer at that time being something like:
  • SimXperience does not stockpile them
  • Kirkey continues to make them for SimXperience
  • that series is similar to another still being sold
That was at least a couple of years ago, so may be obsolete even if correctly recalled.

A question like that was asked in the previous generation SimXperience customer forum,
to which I vaguely recall the answer at that time being something like:
  • SimXperience does not stockpile them
  • Kirkey continues to make them for SimXperience
  • that series is similar to another still being sold
That was at least a couple of years ago, so may be obsolete even if correctly recalled.
I reached out to them last week and they said that kirkey makes a specific seat for them. Specifically, they said “They [Kirkey] build a custom seat to our specifications. The brackets the come with the GS-5 are a standard Kirkey part suitable for use in a real vehicle.”

If it helps, I was asking them about my own gseat order and apparently they only received the parts to complete the batch of seats on Thursday, so they are hoping to start shipping out orders around end of this Coming week all being well.

If it helps, I was asking them about my own gseat order and apparently they only received the parts to complete the batch of seats on Thursday, so they are hoping to start shipping out orders around end of this Coming week all being well.
Ah great thanks you for letting me know

Placed my order in early March and got my g-belt this weekend. One thing I did not realize is that is comes with no hardware to mount it up. If you are mounting to a seat, you need a couple M6 bolts. Probably around 15 mm as I think they say the insert is threaded 12 mm plus a little for the seat and washer.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.