SIMUCUBE Direct Drive Wheel With Electronics Integrated Into The Motor

• Thread starter Deleted member 197115
  • Start date
I'm ordering this weekend. This may not be the best place, but I'm new to DD, and Sim racing in general. Can someone recommend a "basic" starter GT type wheel, that's reasonable priced to get started with. Something that will bolt right up to the SC2.
If you're coming from a Thrustmaster or Fanatec ecosystem, you might want to look into converting them for the SC2.
Will do that with my Sparco 383mod until I find a wheel, that fits my needs.

https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/conversion-aros-thrustmaster-osw/
https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/conversion-aros-fanatec-a-osw-thrustmaster/

Upvote 0
If you're coming from a Thrustmaster or Fanatec ecosystem, you might want to look into converting them for the SC2.
Will do that with my Sparco 383mod until I find a wheel, that fits my needs.

https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/conversion-aros-thrustmaster-osw/
https://www.simracingcoach.com/en/contenido/conversion-aros-fanatec-a-osw-thrustmaster/

Actually, I'm coming from nothing. This will be my first setup. :) I sometimes go all out / overboard on new adventures!

BTw, I'm in the U.S.if that alters recommendations....

Upvote 0
@d69morpwr
I do not want my arms broken as well. ;) The response is the important part and obviously the Pro is advised as doing a superior job to the Sport. Anything will be better than my current T500 of course.
Just came back from my brother and checked the readings on his DD1 while he was driving. Without dongle and 80% force ingame (ACC) the torque never went above 8 Nm. Not sure if this reading is worth something, but it felt strong enough for my taste.

You have to be careful with any of the new wheel bases. They can and will spin fast enough to hurt you especially in certain games when you crash. I think most of us have had the wheel catch a finger once or twice. You learn fast to let go of the wheel. That's probably about right for the nm. But im not sure how much I trust those readings. Just order the Pro you only live once and im sure you wont be disappointed.:)

Upvote 0
You have to be careful with any of the new wheel bases. They can and will spin fast enough to hurt you especially in certain games when you crash. I think most of us have had the wheel catch a finger once or twice. You learn fast to let go of the wheel. That's probably about right for the nm. But im not sure how much I trust those readings. Just order the Pro you only live once and im sure you wont be disappointed.:)
Thanks for the advice mate. Pulled the trigger on the Pro and the Sprint pedals today. :D

Upvote 0
Thanks for the advice mate. Pulled the trigger on the Pro and the Sprint pedals today. :D

Youre going to love both those choices and shouldn't need to upgrade for a very long time. I have Heusinkveld pedals and can say they are really nice. Yours should be even better because mine are the last models but I cant think of a reason to change them.

Upvote 0
As someone who plans on changing from an old DFGT to a DD, I assume even the Sports will be world's different to what I'm used to? Tho I plan on building a wheel based on a 37cm rim.

Upvote 0
As someone who plans on changing from an old DFGT to a DD, I assume even the Sports will be world's different to what I'm used to? Tho I plan on building a wheel based on a 37cm rim.

The difference will be massive between the two. A Sport will easily be up to the job but if you have the means to pay the smallish difference between the Sport and Pro then I would say do it.

Upvote 0
I went from T300 to SC2Sport. For me the most noticeable were fidelity, accuracy and speed of the force feedback.
I've chosen SC2Sport because of one power brick and I wanted to same save money (around 200EUR). In the long term I could add this sum to upgrade my pedals (Fanatec LC).
The popular opinion is to buy SC2Pro instead but for me 200EUR is a significant amount.
It would be interested to hear the opinion from the people who tried both bases. I doubt that the feel is that different except of course higher peak torque of SC2Pro.

Upvote 0
I went from T300 to SC2Sport. For me the most noticeable were fidelity, accuracy and speed of the force feedback.
I've chosen SC2Sport because of one power brick and I wanted to same save money (around 200EUR). In the long term I could add this sum to upgrade my pedals (Fanatec LC).
The popular opinion is to buy SC2Pro instead but for me 200EUR is a significant amount.
It would be interested to hear the opinion from the people who tried both bases. I doubt that the feel is that different except of course higher peak torque of SC2Pro.
I can relate to the Pro hesitation because of having to store two PSUs (since they are rather bulky) and saving 200 bucks. Despite that I went for the Pro (on order) because of the near double torque slew rate. Not sure I need the overhead torque though.

Upvote 0
I can relate to the Pro hesitation because of having to store two PSUs (since they are rather bulky) and saving 200 bucks. Despite that I went for the Pro (on order) because of the near double torque slew rate. Not sure I need the overhead torque though.
The double PSUs (double power requirement) is also a concern for me... I don't have the luxury of multiple sockets near the PC, whole setup (PC, screen, wheel, accessories) runs on one. Plus overall I'm not a hardcore simmer, I did well with the DFGT (well maintained by the way) so far, and would like to invest the saved money on the base into getting my half ready rim to fit and work. Building this **** is just as much fun as driving.
Regarding forces, I generally never drive formula cars anyway that would need it.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

The difference was discussed recently on GD board.
Accordingly to Mika filters on Pro and Sport are the same, there was incorrect information in original marketing material. So the only difference is lower NM and slew rate.

Upvote 0
Everyone keeps saying that if you drive formula cars you need higher peak torque. Could someone elaborate on this? For e.g. I am tuning 100% in the SC software and 100% gain in the AC and then adjust the gain for individual cars. For open wheelers I have between 35-45%. With these settings it is already hard to turn the wheel going through fast corners. I don't have any clipping as well.
So those who have SC2Pro they crank the gain up even more?

Upvote 0
Everyone keeps saying that if you drive formula cars you need higher peak torque. Could someone elaborate on this? For e.g. I am tuning 100% in the SC software and 100% gain in the AC and then adjust the gain for individual cars. For open wheelers I have between 35-45%. With these settings it is already hard to turn the wheel going through fast corners. I don't have any clipping as well.
So those who have SC2Pro they crank the gain up even more?

Are you using the static force reduction filter?
That's what allows you to crank up the gain without making it too difficult to turn the wheel in corners and especially fast ones.

I set AC at about the same gain as you but do it in a slightly different way.
I have the servo at 100%, the main in game gain at 45% and then might have to adjust the per car settings just a little above or below 100%

Upvote 0
@AccAkut You know.... after a TM T500RS on a wheel stand for several years, I'd like to build a setup that is going to accompany me for many years to come. The T500 feels like a toy after gaming on a proper rig with a DD. (A bit OT, but in the past I sometimes made compromises on some purchases regretting it and on more recent occasions I intentionally went for the bigger/better and was glad I did for various reasons.)

Anyway, since I got approval from the missus to build my rig, I thought I could as well go all out. :D
Hence Sim-Lab P1-X, Heusinkveld Sprint, SimuCube 2Pro on order. Will convert my TM Sparco 383mod for now, since I cannot decide on a new wheel. Do not want to compromise on a hobby I love if I have the funds (and approval!) for it.

Long story short: The sensible choice would have been the Sprint, but the "what if.." question drove me towards the Pro. :geek: :roflmao:

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea