Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this.. Can no longer shift between dashes assigned to button in latest version. Screen goes black..
Hi ! Could I have a little more infos ,is it on desktop or mobile, and if it is on desktop do you use the web engine option ?

Edit : I just tested both conditions again (desktop and mobile), everything went fine, could you send me the log files available in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs ?

Last edited:
Hi Wotover,
I've successfully connected a Nextion screen as well as a ws2812b led strip on a Teensy LC. They work both work separately with SimHub, with a USB to HW serial bridge for the Nextion and with the Arduino code generated by SimHub for the leds. This is great, however I couldn't figure out how to make them work together in SimHub thru a common serial port.
Is it already possible to have the serial stream for the Nextion embedded in a custom protocol message (or another solution) ?
If not would it be hard to add the Nextion in/out streams as properties that could be sent with a custom protocol (or another solution) ?
Thanks

Hi Wotover,
I've successfully connected a Nextion screen as well as a ws2812b led strip on a Teensy LC. They work both work separately with SimHub, with a USB to HW serial bridge for the Nextion and with the Arduino code generated by SimHub for the leds. This is great, however I couldn't figure out how to make them work together in SimHub thru a common serial port.
Is it already possible to have the serial stream for the Nextion embedded in a custom protocol message (or another solution) ?
If not would it be hard to add the Nextion in/out streams as properties that could be sent with a custom protocol (or another solution) ?
Thanks
Hi ! Sadly it's something I've not done yet, it's planned but it will need a good rework of the nextion code to multiplex the data so I don't have any ETA.(nextion through arduino is pretty recent and i've not implemented the nextion with this possibility in mind)

Ok thanks, and what about the other way around :
Could I catch the leds status and send them in the Nextion flow (by adding a "fake" command in the Nextion template). On the Arduino side I'll parse the commands and catch the fake one to send them to the leds. Is it difficult for you to add a property containing the leds color buffer ? (the one you send to the Arduino). It may be the easiest way for now.
I also thought of intercepting the Nextion flow and catching the RPM info for example, but I would have to deal with the Led layout etc.. which I want to avoid as it's already very well done in SimHub.

Ok thanks, and what about the other way around :
Could I catch the leds status and send them in the Nextion flow (by adding a "fake" command in the Nextion template). On the Arduino side I'll parse the commands and catch the fake one to send them to the leds. Is it difficult for you to add a property containing the leds color buffer ? (the one you send to the Arduino). It may be the easiest way for now.
I also thought of intercepting the Nextion flow and catching the RPM info for example, but I would have to deal with the Led layout etc.. which I want to avoid as it's already very well done in SimHub.
Indeed it's one of the fast options I have, I think you thought about the same ideas than me ;) in my current reflection and following the suggestions on discord, most people agree that we basically only needs LEDs coupled to the nextion and it was also one of the objective when I made the nextion "bridge". So it will probably be the first step. I will add on my shopping list some new LEDs bars to do a prototype ;)

Hello wotever,
Shakit is not working properly yet. Motorshield V2 is good, but V1 gives the vibrations extremely weak.

V2 does not work with V1 + V2 at the same time. Com from V2 is not recognized during the scan.

The logs are here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v9yk9i9rsx0rem/Logs.rar?dl=0

I wanted to use V1 + V2, because I think Motorhield V1 more robust. Had only 4 outputs while I can use more in V2.

Thank you, I'll try it right away

you're right, both work together, I had misconfigured. Only V1 is too weak :- ( , V2 works fine

Last edited:
Hello wotever,
Shakit is not working properly yet. Motorshield V2 is good, but V1 gives the vibrations extremely weak.

V2 does not work with V1 + V2 at the same time. Com from V2 is not recognized during the scan.

The logs are here
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v9yk9i9rsx0rem/Logs.rar?dl=0

I wanted to use V1 + V2, because I think Motorhield V1 more robust. Had only 4 outputs while I can use more in V2.
I will look further for the v1 weakness, but at first look I see that v1 and v2 boards are not configured to work properly together :
upload_2018-2-21_7-53-37.png

You must change the names at upload by using unique name (instead of simhub dash), let's say Motor1 and motor2 :

upload_2018-2-21_7-55-16.png

EDIT : Don't forget to remove all the old devices in multiple USB settings, otherwise to motors positions will be wrong.
upload_2018-2-21_8-8-46.png

Last edited:
I will look further for the v1 weakness, but at first look I see that v1 and v2 boards are not configured to work properly together :
View attachment 236909

You must change the names at upload by using unique name (instead of simhub dash), let's say Motor1 and motor2 :

View attachment 236910

EDIT : Don't forget to remove all the old devices in multiple USB settings, otherwise to motors positions will be wrong.
View attachment 236912

Hi Wotever,

I just switched from the old shakeit to the new shakeit plugin in simhub 6.3.5 and also use an V1 shield with 4 motors and a 12V power supply. I now have the same problem as Papifix, so the motors have much less power than they had with the standalone shakeit.

Thanks!

Hi Wotever,

I just switched from the old shakeit to the new shakeit plugin in simhub 6.3.5 and also use an V1 shield with 4 motors and a 12V power supply. I now have the same problem as Papifix, so the motors have much less power than they had with the standalone shakeit.

Thanks!
I just changed my voltmeters batteries :D I think it will be useful :D

Hi Wotever,

Thanks!
Hello wotever,
you're right, both work together, I had misconfigured. Only V1 is too weak :- ( , V2 works fine

Hi ! I used my voltmeter in all the ways,, wired back my v1, everything looks fine 100% output gives me a clean 12V, so I need your help :

First let's cover some facts ;) Please read it carefully so it will help to understand what's happening ;)

- V1 board IS weak ! It has 0.6mA (1.2A peak) per channel versus V2 board : 1.2A per bridge (3A for brief 20ms peaks), so v1 and v2 clearly can't compare in term of power and responsiveness. On "big" motors v1 will easily reach it's max power and eventually trigger some thermal shutdown (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield/overview), I used In the past the V1 board on a moderate sized cheap RC car, except whining and heating it proved to be inadequate for large motors.

- I reworked the forces in the simhub version to try to balance better the games, so some games may feel stronger and some weaker compared to the original version.​

So here comes my questions :D

- @bayernmünchenole ,@Papifix : Could you tell me if the "test force", with everything set to maximum, is weak, this is a kind of "direct drive" of the motors,
upload_2018-2-21_19-26-39.png

From this test I think,
- @bayernmünchenole you should have something similar to ShakeIt v1 in this test
- @Papifix , If I remember correctly your motors are much bigger than the motors I recommend, you will know if you are over the capacity of the V1 board. If you get some cuts after 10 or 15s it's probably the thermal shutdown triggering.​

- Next test in order to exclude any powering problems : If you have a multimeter could you give me the voltage when the motors are not plugged when you are pushing everything to maximum ? With my 12v power source I got 12V in every outputs which means it's really at max.

- Next step, i think it's your problem @bayernmünchenole since simhub effects may be by default weaker than original shakeit, you can push higher the feedback factor of the forces you use, it will output more stronger, on the live output you can see the effect output (when it reaches the top it means 100% of the output, if the effect is set to 100 % in the mixer) :
upload_2018-2-21_19-40-33.png

Hope this will helps, I've tested everything on my side, wired back my v1 board (I use only v2 now in everyday use), checked the code (it's totally similar to the original ShakeIt) , measured everything, I can't really find anything bad, so I can't be totally sure before you answer my previous questions but this is what I think :
- @Papifix : I think Your motors are too big for the capacities or the V1 board
- @bayernmünchenole : I think you are just facing my "ffb rebalancing" and raising the feedback factor should get it back to what you had in the "legacy shakeit"

Indeed it's one of the fast options I have, I think you thought about the same ideas than me ;) in my current reflection and following the suggestions on discord, most people agree that we basically only needs LEDs coupled to the nextion and it was also one of the objective when I made the nextion "bridge". So it will probably be the first step. I will add on my shopping list some new LEDs bars to do a prototype ;)
Cool ! if you want I can send you a few 8 led bars that are chainable and a board I made for Teensys (witch has dedicated connectors for leds and for nextion).

Cool ! if you want I can send you a few 8 led bars that are chainable and a board I made for Teensys (witch has dedicated connectors for leds and for nextion).
That's kind :D I just used all my stock in various prototypes, I have to buy some anyway don't worry ;) Maybe i could find one or two hidden in the batcave mess :D.

Hi @Wotever , and thanks for your awesome job.

the only problem I'm facing with Simhub is the impossibility to use it with rF2 simultaneously with Crewchief , mainly because CC is using a more recent version of the plugin.
Is it possible to keep updating this plugin in every release ?

thanks in advance

Hi @Wotever , and thanks for your awesome job.

the only problem I'm facing with Simhub is the impossibility to use it with rF2 simultaneously with Crewchief , mainly because CC is using a more recent version of the plugin.
Is it possible to keep updating this plugin in every release ?

thanks in advance
Hi ! I did it ;) i have released the update this weekend for the last plugin version (V3) there will be a hot fix soon of the plugin , but it's not a breaking change this time (I will keep coordinated as much as I can with CC to avoid mess in versions).
@The Iron Wolf did a "big bang" with the v3, in order to ensure the future of multiple applications running using a single plugin, there won't be breaking changes like this for a long time I guess.

Edit : Here's the change log : http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/update?update=34906

Thanks a lot. :thumbsup:

Last question, is there any tutorial / guide on how to use ShakeIt to enable CSP V3 rumble motors in rF2 ? I tried the 2 checkbox in the second (fanatec dedicated) tab without any success!

Do you know if there's a way to know in Assetto Corsa if, during a practice, you are still on the pits waiting to press the red button, or your have already done that and are inside the car? I need to map a control and I'd like it to function differently on race (key combination to restart practice) and on pits (key combination to go driving).

Hi ! I did it ;) i have released the update this weekend for the last plugin version (V3) there will be a hot fix soon of the plugin , but it's not a breaking change this time (I will keep coordinated as much as I can with CC to avoid mess in versions).
@The Iron Wolf did a "big bang" with the v3, in order to ensure the future of multiple applications running using a single plugin, there won't be breaking changes like this for a long time I guess.

Edit : Here's the change log : http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-diy-sim-racing-dash.10252/update?update=34906
Sorry for the trouble caused by V3 migration, but as you said I had to do that to isolate tools from each other and most importantly, tools from rF2 :)

I am now happy with plugin architecture, and do not have plans for reworking it. The only changes I envision are:
* bug fixes/tweaks
* augmenting rF2Extended buffer, this one contains info not directly exposed by the game.
* if S397 updates internals in an incompatible way, there might be breaking changes. But I would be surprised if they do that, as ISI wisely included a lot of reserved bytes, which is more than enough to fix gaps in their model.

Whenever layout of buffers changes, I increase the second number in a version. So, when you see 3.1.x.x, that means some buffer changed. Most often, however, it is rF2Extended that changes, and this should not affect many uses. Also, I tend to add fields at the end of a buffer.

You can assume that CC always ships with latest version of the plugin. You could also check version dynamically by reading rF2Extended.mVersion field. Lastly, if you are deciding whether to overwrite plugin or not, you could check the binary timestamp. If it is more recent, most likely CC updated the plugin and there's no need to overwrite it (unless I screwed up and broke everything :) )

Cheers, and thanks for reducing number of plugins running in rF2. Now I need to convince others to move :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back