Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

does anyone use simtools and simhub at the same time?

I get to work Porjet Car with port 5607 modified in SimHubWPF.exe.config by keeping port 5606 for simtools

it works perfectly

the same confing does not work with f1 2017:thumbsdown:

but if i do run f1 2017 (port 5606) with simhub (port 5606) but without simtools it's good

simtools uses port 5606 and can not be changed and must work with f1 2017 port 5606

Do you have a solution ?

thank you in advance for your replies

Hi
concerning pcars by changing the udp port in the config file you simply disabled the udp channel (it was only used on pc1 for a few opponents data (best lap) so you won't see a major difference. But for codemasters it only relies on udp so you can't live without it.

From what i see F12017 have some difficulties to output multiple channels, I'll look what i can do on my side, making an universal workaround should not be too hard.

I am using a USB to TTL FT232RL and a Nextion 2.8
I download the drivers and install for the FT232
I also downloaded SIMHUB and ran Nextion editor using the template "portraitGearIndicator.hmi
choose the correct device, compile fine but when I go to upload it gives me a error " Connection Failed, Forced Interrupt!"
Lights of the FT232 is up and solid, when I initiate the Upload lights flash.
I also change the COM port from 3 to 2, but problem remains
any ideas?

I also downloaded SIMHUB and ran Nextion editor using the template "portraitGearIndicator.hmi
choose the correct device, compile fine but when I go to upload it gives me a error " Connection Failed, Forced Interrupt!"
any ideas?
I had people with problems with the serial upload using nextion editor, you could try to configure it using an sdcard : https://www.itead.cc/wiki/Nextion_Editor_Quick_Start_Guide#Flash_Project_firmware_from_SD_card (the instructions are on the end of the page)

Also double check you wiring, RX must go to TX and "vice versa" : https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Nextion-Display

Last thing is eventually missing drivers and the serial ports you're seeing are maybe not related to your adapter : The process for installing FT232RL drivers is described here : https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/all

Hi,
I'm setting up my additional buttons for screens and I have some problem with it.
There is a MAX7219 7segment screen that I want to change the screens of with the buttons.
I can trigger the action in mapping picker, the buttons also get selected as I push them.
The problem is, I can't make the screens change when pressing the buttons.
I tried to map with 'DisplayFor1s_" actions, those work fine, but I want the screens to stay until changed to another.
What am I missing?
I will check, I think these actions were intended to switch temporary to the screen (while the button is pressed, but the additionnal buttons are not supporting the "during" mapping type. I will try to fix bothe cases for next release.

I had people with problems with the serial upload using nextion editor, you could try to configure it using an sdcard : https://www.itead.cc/wiki/Nextion_Editor_Quick_Start_Guide#Flash_Project_firmware_from_SD_card (the instructions are on the end of the page)

Also double check you wiring, RX must go to TX and "vice versa" : https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Nextion-Display

Last thing is eventually missing drivers and the serial ports you're seeing are maybe not related to your adapter : The process for installing FT232RL drivers is described here : https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/how-to-install-ftdi-drivers/all

TKS Wotever
I did use the SD version and donwloaded fine, now I will try to find why is not working with the FT232
I did install the correct drivers and try to do it with different version of Windows, but none did the job, If I do find a solution I will for sure update it here
thanks Again
Rog

Update on the Gear Shifter Display
I did upload using a SD card it shows 100% complete and successful, now I did follow the other instructions to set it up with Assetto Corsa, but when I open SimHub and start the game I got no Display whatsoever, I am missing something?
Nextion Display "Nextion #1 is "enable" with the Template Portrait Gear Indicator on both Template and Mapping and the FPS shows 50FPS
in Sim HUb "Plugins" Nextion Display is checked
thanks

Will be working on a new wheel soon... Ordered the kit from 3drap.it on black Friday sale! (https://www.3drap.it/product/f1-steering-wheel-kit-by-3drap-thrustmaster-adapter/)
Now I just need to decide if I will use a 4.3" nextion or use one of these http://www.lcdinfo.com/products/usbd480-wq43.html.
I've asked for the price, which is 89eur +vat+shipping so total of 142eur or about £120, which is about double the price of nextion. I think I'll need to play about with dash studio first and make a dash as I've not used it yet. Not sure how converting my current nextion templates to dash studio will go.

For the buttons I'm thinking a bodnar button box PCB will be the easiest way to go (http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index...id=206&zenid=f9d6e45811adee8cbb7ac6fea2bbe707)

Any advice on creating backgrounds for dash studio or am I better making elements using dash studio itself so they will scale correctly?

Hi Wotever;

Im new at arduinoing :) I have did a diy project analogue dashboard with 2 rc servos with arduino just RPM and Speed. But now it doesnt work anymore. I dont know what is the problem. It was easy to build for me because the guide was step by step. It was like put them together and make it. Sorry if it had been asked to you but I haven't checked all posts because more than 100 pages in this thread. Now my question is can we use rc servo with simhub? If it can be, can you tell me how can I do it? Or can you share an ino for doing it? Thanks a lot.

Sorry for my bad english.

any ideas?
I get this if I have Simhub up and running simultaneously with Nextion Edit, if so close Simhub and upload. :)

Hi Wotever;

Im new at arduinoing :) I have did a diy project analogue dashboard with 2 rc servos with arduino just RPM and Speed. But now it doesnt work anymore. I dont know what is the problem. It was easy to build for me because the guide was step by step. It was like put them together and make it. Sorry if it had been asked to you but I haven't checked all posts because more than 100 pages in this thread. Now my question is can we use rc servo with simhub? If it can be, can you tell me how can I do it? Or can you share an ino for doing it? Thanks a lot.

Sorry for my bad english.

Hi ! Servo motors are not directly supported but simhub supports what is called "custom protocol" basically you can configure any data to receive to the arduino and do what you want with it :https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Custom-Arduino-hardware-support
If you want to give a try and just want to use your motors I also have a minimal sketch in stock where only custom protocol is supported it's much lighter, and easier to customize.

Hi ! Servo motors are not directly supported but simhub supports what is called "custom protocol" basically you can configure any data to receive to the arduino and do what you want with it :https://github.com/zegreatclan/AssettoCorsaTools/wiki/Custom-Arduino-hardware-support
If you want to give a try and just want to use your motors I also have a minimal sketch in stock where only custom protocol is supported it's much lighter, and easier to customize.

Hi again,
Thanks for your quick reply. I will try to do that. Do you think adding an option for using servos with arduino in simhubs next upgrades? Thanks a lot again.

Was about to map button for nexxt nextion screen but cant find it in the new update?
upload_2017-11-28_8-39-20.png

Hi again,
Thanks for your quick reply. I will try to do that. Do you think adding an option for using servos with arduino in simhubs next upgrades? Thanks a lot again.
In fact it was existing in older versions but most servos have a 180° working range only and are noisy, I removed it definitely to make room for other features (the space in arduino is restrictred and each byte is precious) .

First of all Wotever, thank you for give us SimHub, just an amazing product!!
I'm doing a little customization on a Nextion template specifically to be used with Project Cars 2.
I like so much the Delta bar, i just went for the 'SessionBestLiveDeltaProgressSeconds' instead the 'AllTimeBestLiveDeltaProgressSeconds'.
Small problem, the PersistenTrackerPlugin apparently doesn't keep track if the lap has been invalidated or not.
So you could end up having different best laps time between the game and Nextion
Using 'DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.DeltaToSessionBest' could be the solution but unfortunately appear to be not supported by the game (I suppose PC2 is just a mess right now:cautious:).
Any idea how can be solved, maybe using "DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.mLapInvalidated" ??
Thanks

First of all Wotever, thank you for give us SimHub, just an amazing product!!
I'm doing a little customization on a Nextion template specifically to be used with Project Cars 2.
I like so much the Delta bar, i just went for the 'SessionBestLiveDeltaProgressSeconds' instead the 'AllTimeBestLiveDeltaProgressSeconds'.
Small problem, the PersistenTrackerPlugin apparently doesn't keep track if the lap has been invalidated or not.
So you could end up having different best laps time between the game and Nextion
Using 'DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.DeltaToSessionBest' could be the solution but unfortunately appear to be not supported by the game (I suppose PC2 is just a mess right now:cautious:).
Any idea how can be solved, maybe using "DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.mLapInvalidated" ??
Thanks

Yeah DeltaToSessionBest is available only for a very very few games. I will look to track the lap validity status, it's something I've been thinking for a long time, however I would like to keep it optional, let's say if you just want to train on the green hell, it is nice to have records even for invalidated laps, just for getting your gap.

Hi Wotever.

Firstly great app, now I have found it, it means I can make the switch to DX11 on rF2. One small question, if your not sure thats fine. Is there anyway to get the overlay visible on OBS, for my stream to see the data?

Many thanks
Nathan

Hi Wotever.

Firstly great app, now I have found it, it means I can make the switch to DX11 on rF2. One small question, if your not sure thats fine. Is there anyway to get the overlay visible on OBS, for my stream to see the data?

Many thanks
Nathan
I'm not used at all to OBS (I actually ran it twice in my life :D) but I guess if you capture screen instead of app you could get something, i've seen lot of people using it in streams so i'm pretty sure it's doable.

Some OBS gurus here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back