Sim Racing Modding Roundup: March Assetto Corsa Tracks Edition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa - Thomson Road Grand Prix .jpg

The second instalment of the RaceDepartment Modding Roundup for Assetto Corsa in March, this time with a focus on community made tracks...

Following on from our recent article looking at the best of the recently released community created cars in Assetto Corsa, for this edition we take a quick look at some of the new track releases for the sim.

I would again like to take this opportunity to remind you that in no way do RaceDepartment endorse these mods or take any responsibility whatsoever for any issues caused by downloading these files. The idea behind the articles is rather simple, to help throw light on some of the wonderful community content created for our favourite racing simulators. If you feel we have missed out some "must have" content, or want to draw my attention to a project you are working on, please feel free to drop me a PM or leave a message in the comments section below….

Autodrom Most ( chicane and no chicane ) V1.0
Assetto Corsa - Autodrom Most .jpg

Title
: Assetto Corsa
Category: Tracks / Permanent
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 18/03/2017
Credits: See download link
Developed by @CidJc from the original rFactor 1 simulation, the impressive looking track has been brought up to the latest Assetto Corsa standards and visually already does a very good job of hiding it's rFactor routes. An entertaining circuit little seen in other sims, the track is already very good and with further developments planned can only get better.

Hoono Flygplats V0.9
Assetto Corsa - Hoono Flygplats .png

Title
Category: Tracks / Fantasy
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 12/03/2017
Built from scratch by @Hompe originally as a texture project, the track has now been finalised for public release and is based on two real life Swedish airfields. Although currently lacking AI files and trackside camera, the mod is already looking impressive and provides a interesting alternative experience for those looking for something a bit different to the usual track releases.

Circuit Mont Tremblant V0.70
Assetto Corsa - Circuit Mont Tremblant .jpg

Title
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 10/03/2017
A stunning real life circuit, Mont Tremblant is currently in development as a scratch built track by @Two and already shows great early promise. Already fully playable and a nice experience lapping different cars, hopefully the author continues his hard work and brings together the final details required to do this great circuit justice.

Daytona Roadcourse V0.95
Assetto Corsa - Daytona Roadcourse .jpg

Title
Category: Tracks / Oval Road
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 8/03/2017
Converted from rFactor 2 by @Terra21 and @jim lloyd for Assetto Corsa, finally a seriously good version of the legendary circuit is available for the sim. Very well developed and featuring some nice visual touches, this is a great track for Assetto Corsa and well worth a download. Still under development and with further improvements to follow, this is already a very nice mod and can only get better.

New Jersey Motorsports Park: Lightning V1.0
Assetto Corsa - New Jersey Motorsports Park Lightning .jpg

Title
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 3/03/2017
This track is the latest release from @LilSki , the guy behind the truly awesome Riverside International Raceway and Bridgehamption Race Circuit mods and again his new release matches the quality of his previous tracks for Assetto Corsa. Scratch built using aerial LiDAR data, NJMPL has all the quality hallmarks of a LilSki release, including such goodies as AI, dynamic line, spots for 24 cars and some TV cameras for use in replays. Although the mod would benefit from more work on reducing guardrail distortion, the track is nevertheless an outstanding addition to the sim and easily falls under the "must have" category.

Fort Wayne Speedway - Oval & Infield course V0.8
Assetto Corsa - Fort Wayne Speedway - Oval & Infield course.jpg

Title
Category: Tracks / Oval and Road
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 5/2/2017
Featuring both a full oval and road course layout, this new track from @Tyrone already has many of the elements required to be a very nice track mod in Assetto Corsa. Although some texture improvements here and there would be beneficial to the overall look of the track, the layout is entertaining to drive and looks suitable for producing some good racing. A solid start and it will be interesting to see how the mod progresses as it nears version 1.

Thomson Road Grand Prix V1.0
Assetto Corsa - Thomson Road Grand Prix .jpg

Title
Category: Tracks / Historic
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 01/02/2017
Well what can we say, this scratch built historic track from @Fat-Alfie is simply breath taking in it's detail and construction. Flawlessly designed and running impressively smoothly considering the detail on screen, this is one of the best historic tracks for Assetto Corsa bar none. Especially impressive considering this is the authors first track release for the sim. Absolutely worth a download and one not to be missed.

Miseluk V1.0
Assetto Corsa - Miseluk.jpg

Title
Category: Tracks / Street
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 2/2/2017
Visually stunning and high quality track, Miseluk by @Lemax is a scratch built location featuring a variety of configurations suitable for Gymkhana style drifting and one by one drag racing. Due to the level of detail and work undertaken to realise this release, Lemax offers this version as a free download with the "full" version that includes additional Miseluk GP and Miseluk layouts available as a payware mod. A very interesting and exceptionally well made track.

60's Hockenheim Grand Prix Circuit - F3 Classic Tracks V1.1
Assetto Corsa - 60's Hockenheim Grand Prix Circuit .jpg

Title
Category: Tracks / Historic
Download Link - HERE
Latest Release
: 16/3/2017
Another exceptional historic venue, this time created and released by @Sergio Loro , 60's Hockenheim is rich in detail and presentation that makes taking out some of the classic content in Assetto Corsa a thoroughly rewarding experience. Although this track originally released back in December 2016, the new update in March has added significant performance improvements and a fully functioning AI, helping the track step up to become one of the best historic venues available in the sim. Road Mesh improvements have been promised for future updates, which should help elevate the standards of the track even further.

RaceDepartment have our very own Assetto Corsa Modding Discussion forum, a location where community members can share progress on the latest mods, download new content and interact and ask questions about the world of mod creation in Assetto Corsa. Check out the Assetto Corsa Modding Forum for details and take a look at our general Assetto Corsa forum where you will find all the latest news items and community discussion topics.

Please can I take this opportunity to ask you, the community, to help improve other users experiences when downloading a mod at RaceDepartment? If you download a mod here at RD please consider testing and taking the time to leave a rating and comment so the author and other community members can see opinions on how each mod is developing. Just five minutes of your time for each download you make can go a long way towards helping others make informed decisions, and helps add to the general awesomeness that is the RaceDepartment mods section! Thank you...

Oh and one last reminder... RaceDepartment hold regular club racing events in Assetto Corsa using a variety of content found in game. Check out the AC Racing Club for details and how to join in the action. Its fast and fun and easily one of the best ways to get the most out of your game. YOU people make our clubs what they are, so get stuck in and join up for some races today and lets go have some fun!

Assetto Corsa is available to purchase for Windows PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 now.

Did you enjoy our review of the most recently released mod tracks for Assetto Corsa? Have we missed something that should be included? Do you have a project you are working on you would like us to feature? Let us know in the comments section below!

Why is it, that there are no races on mod tracks on RD, at least for AC? Sorry, if I missed something!

It can be a barrier for those who doesn't know "that much" about pc modding and so (and getting them up to date, all with the same version...).

As DLC's can be too. For example, I have not run the rookie races because you need a DLC's that I don't have.

As much default the content is, the easier for all, the more people who can run, the more people who run.

Thanks for the round-up. I will be downloading some of these later. I loved the Hockenheim track - just from a historic point of view. It's been great racing the Lotus 47 around there. Would love to see more vintage tracks available, but really enjoying the community work on all of the tracks.

It can be a barrier for those who doesn't know "that much" about pc modding and so (and getting them up to date, all with the same version...).

As DLC's can be too. For example, I have not run the rookie races because you need a DLC's that I don't have.

As much default the content is, the easier for all, the more people who can run, the more people who run.

What´s so hard to install a mod track? Just provide a link and a manual for installing, that´s all.

Bram

RaceDepartment Founder
Staff
Premium
What´s so hard to install a mod track? Just provide a link and a manual for installing, that´s all.
What is easy for you might be extremely difficult for other users to do.The amount of feedback we receive per day shows that a growing number of people have no idea how to install mods.

We will introduce something that will help newcomers to the genre shortly.

Hoono Flygplats is unusual alright maybe use to test agility of trackday car idk, i t is a quadcopter playground (;)) to me ...i agree TheSource is correct Tajo Hillclimb is a must include (next time) in top 5 or got the 'F' on the report card!

...:confused:

Hoono Flygplats is unusual alright maybe use to test agility of trackday car idk, i t is a quadcopter playground (;))

Exactly what i want it to be, somewhere to enjoy the street car's, drive like crazy, come back and do it again :) Its a form of simple trackday that i have not seen in Assetto yet and after doing it in real life i wanted to do it in a sim aswell, plus its quite simple and fast to make, can be done fictional but still feel right!

Miseluk is my 2nd favorite track for AC (Nordschleife is #1). Lemax spent a lot of time on Miseluk and it shows as it is so very detailed both visually and physically (meaning: bumps, cracks, dips, curbs and such) and is well worth the 2.99 he is asking (the paid version from his site). If it was up to me it would be official content in AC, its that good.

Last edited:
Many thanks for the hard work of all the modders. The quality is outstanding and really adds value to AC. Some great stuff in this list, thanks for the tips! I have be doing a lot of laps at Poznan, which is another excellent mod.

Another great round up @Paul Jeffrey :thumbsup: Some of them passed me by so glad you mentioned them.

As @McClusky mentioned above, Miseluk is just simply brilliant work and the detail is superb.

When a talented modder spends a tonne of time creating something like that, a few euros is more than enough to say thanks.

In a way I'm glad that excellent tracks like these are not in danger of being made obsolete with game updates as some of them are great fun and it would be sad if they simply stopped working for a particular game.

Yes laser scanned perfection is great but so are peoples imaginations and what they can create for us to enjoy, historic tracks are a prime example. :thumbsup:

One suggestion for future articles? Maybe add a line in the subheadings for whether the track supports AI races?

Most of them do but some are created and have no AI racing facility built in, they are purely for online use. Or just don't have that part created yet. :)

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 92 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 9.9%
  • €3001-5000