Sim Racing Expo 2017 - Begins Saturday 16th September

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Racing Expo 2017.jpg

The biggest sim racing event of the year starts tomorrow - the 2017 Sim Racing Expo at the Nurburgring Grand Prix circuit in Germany.

Containing some of the biggest names in the world of sim racing, the 2017 Sim Racing Expo looks well set to become one of the biggest editions of the event to date. With a partnership with premium car manufacturer Porsche already confirmed, and attendance from some of the biggest developers showcasing new and exciting content, the Sim Racing Expo 2017 is the perfect place for experienced sim racers and those new to the genre to come and immerse themselves in the latest happenings within the awesome sim racing industry.

Held just inside the main entrance to the famous Nurburgring Formula One racetrack, and running alongside this yeas German round of the Blancpain GT Sprint Series race, RaceDepartment will be in attendance for both days of the event. With the help of our RD film crew we are planning to give our readers some interesting and unique insights into the weekend, interviews with key players from the industry and some of the big names taking part over the Blancpain Sprint Series weekend, behind the scenes access and product testing the latest and greatest sim racing hardware and software.

Thanks to the wonders of modern mobile technology we will be updating this comments section of this thread throughout the weekend with news, pictures and various pieces of interest as and when they come to our attention.

If you are attending the event yourself, or have any burning questions or bits of information you want us to find out, pop down your pictures / questions and experiences in the comments section below...

Last edited:

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RD at already out our Party Palace up in the depths of the German countryside.. We have lots of beer, incredibly rich German food and plenty of tech to keep us entertained... looking forward to the big event starting tomorrow!

So this is where our membership money goes? ;):D You guys have a great time ya hear. And Paul, see if you can find out about the TT game and GTR3. Oh and remember, German Beer is pish. It gives you a hangover without the fun.
Have a great time guys. I'm jealous.:):thumbsup:

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
So this is where our membership money goes?

Lol if only man!!

And Paul, see if you can find out about the TT game and GTR3. Oh and remember, German Beer is pish. It gives you a hangover without the fun

TT game sure, will have a look see if they attend (although I don't think they will tbh). GTR3 / Simbin won't be in attendance unfortunately, however I've recently been talking with them about GTR3 and I've seen some very nice footage that I can't talk about or share! Needless to say development is racing along and looking good, just not something they are willing to share with the public at this stage (which I think is a mistake, but it aint my call obviously).

I'm going to push for some more public info to be released on GTR3, so keep an eye out on RD for it (hopefully) in the near future..

German Beer is pish. It gives you a hangover without the fun

This could present a problem -
IMG_0750.JPG

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OK Paul. I feel sorry for you drinking that German watered down lager though.

But carry on, it's better than a hot poker up the ass. :laugh:

Mr Latte

Premium
Would be great to experience, see all the gear and soak up the atmosphere.
Hope you all have an enjoyable time.

Look forward to your coverage coming.

Is German food really rich? I honestly do not know.

Of course, as an American, my opinions on what would qualify a food as being "rich" ate probably skewed! :confused:

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 87 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 122 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 74 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 46 10.2%
  • €3001-5000