PC2 Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 3.jpg

First day back in the office for many this morning, what better way to pass the time than have a good discussion about the new Project CARS game?

Now the dust is beginning to settle around the recent release of Project CARS 2, we thought it a good time to look deeper into the game, driven by our community, and share our findings and impressions from the heavily hyped new racing title from Slightly Mad Studios.

Do you have some useful tips for getting the most from the sim? Found a magic setting to really unlock the FFB? Got a trick up your sleeve that helps bring sharper graphics for little FPS trade off? Or do you simply want to share your most / least favourite car and track combinations?

So long as it remains on topic, respectful and mature, we want to know your thoughts!

Mondays be like...

Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 2.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2 - 4.jpg
Sim Discussion Monday - Project CARS 2.jpg

Again talking about that "thing" on this wonderfull simracing website ?
I thought the "P" in Pcars2 was standing for "Poor Cars 2" ...
Go immediatly wash your souls on rF2 or AC ^_^
Maybe I'm old and I dont have (jet) pC2 or FM7 but try help me to understand, how AC can be better with...every time good weather, sunlight, no changes at all during the race time. Yeah only track grip is bit different in time but its still almost nothing...in 2017 when our PC's can handle with that all. And tell me something more - have you play pC2? or it's just your opinion based on nothing?

He's entitled to his opinion, I don't agree with him as I still love PCars 1. But really us there any point trying to argue with him? He's correct that rf2 and AC are good, but they too have some shockingly bad parts.... But at the end of the day you out firm your own opinions.
SMS and all devs need calling out though when they make silly errors etc that way we can hopefully get a better game...

yeah the sense of speed is not great in pc2 .... so much nicer to look at tho ... i prefer the sound on ac tho .. the pov on pc2 in cockpit is not amazing either ..i cant make my mind up ... i like them both but after being on pc2 for a week i find it more fun and a lot more enjoyable

He's entitled to his opinion, I don't agree with him as I still love PCars 1. But really us there any point trying to argue with him? He's correct that rf2 and AC are good, but they too have some shockingly bad parts.... But at the end of the day you out firm your own opinions.
SMS and all devs need calling out though when they make silly errors etc that way we can hopefully get a better game...
I agree and I don't. Beacouse I know too many people what they thik "I'm purist, I dont tuch sh...t like pC or something". So, they have no idea or pC is a sim or only a racing game but they write opinion, verytime negative, based on nothing. it's just like...Your mate drive with Golf GTD and for him is best car ever even if You say...Hmm...My Ford RS is much quicker and it has better chasis he say "no way, no other Ford is better than Golf"... That can't give better something in the future, beacouse it's not a opinion. It's only aaa..."My tail is nicer than others",,,

I agree and I don't. Beacouse I know too many people what they thik "I'm purist, I dont tuch sh...t like pC or something". So, they have no idea or pC is a sim or only a racing game but they write opinion, verytime negative, based on nothing. it's just like...Your mate drive with Golf GTD and for him is best car ever even if You say...Hmm...My Ford RS is much quicker and it has better chasis he say "no way, no other Ford is better than Golf"... That can't give better something in the future, beacouse it's not a opinion. It's only aaa..."My tail is nicer than others",,,

And now you are talking straight out if the PRC text book. If someone has driven a real car whether it be a golf mk3 or a Ferrari they will have an understanding of how a car works, that wheel thing in front of you turns the car, tyres for the most part grip on dry roads etc.
For me I've only ever driven FWD racing cars but I am the one playing the games so I know how it feels what gives the
Best feel IMO, I don't give a stuff about anyone else as I play it through me.
But yes no problem with any of the sims for me bar a few cars in each that are just broken IMO, they are even starting to give more realistic grip levels now... My point is simply why do I need PCars 2 when I gave PCars 1...anyone?

Project CARS 2 vs Assetto Corsa:

Why does it have to be "Vs" why not have both or all sims?? Why does it have to be battle with a winner? It's pathetic really. My only advise would be don't pre order and wait till few months down the line with all games. But this childish thing of thinking you are only allowed to own one sim game is tiresome...I own them all

• Deleted member 99238

Why does it have to be "Vs" why not have both or all sims?? Why does it have to be battle with a winner? It's pathetic really.
Do not take things so seriously, it's just a comparison. :D
We all like racing, not a separate game.
More positive, my friend. ;)

each to there own i say if you dont like summits whats the point in causing a fuss let it be and move on ... ?

Exactly. But its quite right to be pressing any business into making a product that is fit for purpose or if its not to fix it.
Judging by the forums PCars 2 has a multitude of bugs and some game breaking, so certainly a very valid case to await further patches till we can truly judge the game. PCars 2 like PCars 1 will be a much more complete game once we get more patches and fixes so quite why some people seem to happy with a game even the devs are admitting has issues that need patching is beyond me, but fanboys are an odd breed..

Exactly. But its quite right to be pressing any business into making a product that is fit for purpose or if its not to fix it.
Judging by the forums PCars 2 has a multitude of bugs and some game breaking, so certainly a very valid case to await further patches till we can truly judge the game. PCars 2 like PCars 1 will be a much more complete game once we get more patches and fixes so quite why some people seem to happy with a game even the devs are admitting has issues that need patching is beyond me, but fanboys are an odd breed..

Fanboys eh? Have you ever considered the possibility that there are people who are NOT affected by game braking bugs? Example scenario: PC user, mainly does hot lapping and happens to use cars + track combinations that result in no bugs and happen to be awesome => a happy customer who may go on to the forum to voice his/her happy opinion.

A person who can't consider all the angles, and just goes straight to trivializing and generalizing everything, is an odd breed (and part of the main problem why the world is so effed up).

And the consoles need it.
I still can't fanthom how the costs saved via using out sorced Q and A for consoles
Fanboys eh? Have you ever considered the possibility that there are people who are NOT affected by game braking bugs? Example scenario: PC user, mainly does hot lapping and happens to use cars + track combinations that result in no bugs and happen to be awesome => a happy customer who may go on to the forum to voice his/her happy opinion.

A person who can't consider all the angles, and just goes straight to trivializing and generalizing everything, is an odd breed (and part of the main problem why the world is so effed up).

So those 12 patches for PCars 1 were pointless? Or the patches that are upcoming for PCars 2, all pointless?
Stop being such a little snowflake. A game as whole may work well at a hotlapper with no ai but fact remains it's sold with features...they need to work... But how objective is a WMD like you ever going to be, so far up Ian are you can read his morning paper...

PCars2 has enormous potential. What has me walking away from it a bit at the moment is polish. To be fair AC's tire model when it was first release was horrid, so i'll give them some time to fix it up.

If they can dial-in the performance of VR, slightly tweak the ffb and add a career mode.....this will be my go-to sim. They are very close....just feels like it was released very prematurely and they were more interested in quantity of features instead of quality.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.