PC1 Seriously..how did some of these issues get thru?

Msportdan

@Simberia
im confused here...

This game has been in the making for what now .. 3 years. Its had a vast community beta testing this and im sure some of these guys if not most were sim fans.

This begs me the question of how the hell did some of the issues we have now. not get spotted by anyone? It took me a few days to see these below.

-Ai in the wet, being a)not affected b)dont pit for wets.
-The Ai on some tracks just simply run off the end of corners with hardly any speed loss. (summerton tight right handers/zolder 1st corner at start. about half a dozen cars go off on first lap.
-The AI are way too overagressive. In one way is good but in another its frustrating to play. especially they dive bomb every corner
-Car setups not saving.
-Wheel is annoying in the menus when you forget to centre it after a run.

-and lets not forget the mass confusion, which is the FFB settings. Really.. could of they not made this simpler. Rf2 has one car specific setting?!

plus loads more..

This is agreat game/sim, but ive postponed my career as somethings above are game breakers .
i mean did SMS have their own agenda in the end, or did they just rush this out and these issues were known. But seriously some of these issues should simply, never of got to gold!

I mean i know rf2 is in beta, but pcars is in no better state imo.

Last edited:
That must be Multi-Storey mode, not Multi-Player mode, surely? ;) :p

article-1161089-0311A364000005DC-101_468x311.jpg

You seriously think people would complain if they were patching actual fixes every day? Really?

Yes, I do. Seriously. I see it quite a bit on Android forums, people complain when an app is getting updated often. The comments are stupid, (as are most comments on the internet, mine included. I'm actually getting dumber right now the more I type) but they are frequent and real. And quite frankly, it doesn't happen often with other commercially available software. When it does, its quite annoying. For GTA V, there was a 385mb patch every other day for the first week and it was annoying having to wait for that to download, then install. Just to correct bugs that I hadn't suffered from? Why would a developer want to subject the entire user base to this aggravation every day? As part of the beta team, there were times when I couldn't play until a 2gb update was downloaded. It was fairly often and annoying, and sometimes I wouldn't see a lick of difference.

My preference would be for something like Assetto or Dirt Rally: bundle them up in one big proper patch and let us know ahead of time so I can start the game and get it downloaded well before I intend on playing. At least people would know what to expect, but after the series of delays the game already suffered, it would be very embarassing for them to promise v1.1 on May XX and then miss that date.

Not to worry guys, all these "user preferences" will be "ironed out" in eight years time with Project CARS 2. Just make sure you start saving because entry level "investments" will start at $50,000. Bargain!

The optimist in me says I've 8 more years to play this game!!

(This is the kind of snarky, negative, useless post that makes the internet a worse place. Thanks for degrading what could be a beautiful thing.)

BTW, has anyone read/listened to any major market reviews? In general it's pretty well received. But if you're looking for bugs and something to complain about, you can always find them. I was playing GTA V and my character clipped THROUGH a car. <gasp> I should have gone to the R* boards and MF'ed the designers and their stick options instead of keep playing a fun game.

I get very tired and frustrated by the unreasonableness of certain posters, but I can't...stop...reading them! :p

Just to correct bugs that I hadn't suffered from? Why would a developer want to subject the entire user base to this aggravation every day?

This is what's ridiculous to me in your statement. So it's more important that they allow your gaming experience to be unimpeded by a minimal issue like updating rather than fix problems that cause some players to not even be capable of playing/enjoying the game. Just because updates don't help you doesn't mean they shouldn't be done on a regular basis.

BTW, has anyone read/listened to any major market reviews?

Like the biggest game reviewer in Norway. That managed to fill this in the review, and it isn't from completely different parts either, the text came like I write it.
"This is the most realistic experience in any racing game the last 15 years. It might not be as realistic as the best simulations, and it might not be as action packed as the arcade games however".

Which is why I don't read, nor trust review-sites. "it's the most realistic, but it is not as realistic as".

Like the biggest game reviewer in Norway. That managed to fill this in the review, and it isn't from completely different parts either, the text came like I write it.
"This is the most realistic experience in any racing game the last 15 years. It might not be as realistic as the best simulations, and it might not be as action packed as the arcade games however".

Which is why I don't read, nor trust review-sites. "it's the most realistic, but it is not as realistic as".

I think what the guy meant to say but did it poorly was he thought the overall experience was the most realistic but maybe individual aspects might not be as realistic as other sims.

I think what the guy meant to say but did it poorly was he thought the overall experience was the most realistic but maybe individual aspects might not be as realistic as other sims.
Guess so. So for example is like Grid Autosport, that has many racing features but then you get low model quality cockpits, average car simulation and ffb. It can be a very realistic racing game, but is not as realistic as other high end simulator games. Same for gran turismo, forza, pcars, f1.

Maybe, maybe not. I'd rather listen to a couple of youtubers that I have faith in, and trust :) (no, none of the simtubers :) )

Maybe I am just projecting my own opinions but I do like the overall experience of Pcars even though I have to suspend disbelief in some areas pertaining to physics.

When it comes down to serious racing with, what I consider to be the best physics and FFB, I will take RF2 and GSCE any day over PCars.

When it comes down to serious racing with, what I consider to be the best physics and FFB, I will take RF2 and GSCE any day over PCars.

You should have been in the Watkins Glen WEC race here last night. Seriously so much immersion you wouldn't believe. It truly was fantastic and it felt fantastic.
2015-05-27_00002_zpsoyhoz7uz.jpg

ive just done a qualy with the fgulf at spain..Felt very much like my experience in a similar single seater. grip lots of it. Peoples idea that a real sim includes slippery physics, isn't how real life is, in a light open wheeler warm tyres and a tonne of downforce. trust me you would have to do something very stupid to spin out that car. Rf2 low speed grip is very unrealistic. But im confident the new Contact patch pretty much fixes that.

I had more confidence in my Formula Renault experience than I had playing any open wheeler in rf2... it says a lot regarding a sim cars grip and real life grip.

I really need to bite the bullet and become a premium member.

You do. :thumbsup: It's dirt cheap.

I do love the overall immersion of PCars it's just a couple things that break the immersion for me is, I still think the grip on tarmac is a bit too much and the grip on the grass is even more so too excessive and the way grass slows down the car like you are in quicksand is utterly ridiculous.

Don't go on the grass then. ;)

Seriously, the club races here are fun. And last night when the weather changed and the rain started in the dark and on the wrong tyres, I wouldn't have bragged about loads of grip if you know what I mean. ;):thumbsup:

ive just done a qualy with the fgulf at spain..Felt very much like my experience in a similar single seater. grip lots of it. Peoples idea that a real sim includes slippery physics, isn't how real life is, in a light open wheeler warm tyres and a tonne of downforce. trust me you would have to do something very stupid to spin out that car. Rf2 low speed grip is very unrealistic. But im confident the new Contact patch pretty much fixes that.

I had more confidence in my Formula Renault experience than I had playing any open wheeler in rf2... it says a lot regarding a sim cars grip and real life grip.
Pcars isn't exactly grippy. Is not hard to not slip momentarily but then that slip doesn't go too far and you immediately find a wall of grip. Is somehow slippery in some moments of steering at low-medium speed.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.