SEASON 9 RACE 10 Hockenheim - Preparation Thread

(..) i dont expect a lift for a matter of inches, its the feet wide that worry me here, theres no obvious way around it apart from just trusting each other to make turn 1 a priority in qualifying, no wides, in the race like i say some will happen, as long as its not a constant thing that looks like its someones usual line im happy.

In the past, I have tended to compare crossing the line to being pregnant; there is no such thing as slightly pregnant is there? However, I agreed a while back to accept Nico's example as the line not to be crossed; which I am 'guessing' means that inches are OK all of the time? Or some of the time?

Doesn't worry me, I am only mid-field at best so....:laugh: If the top of the field never crossed the line I wonder where I would Q? hmmm... :sneaky::p As long as no ones gets upset after the event and hopefully it will not be debated during the event, please :D

im taking it that its some of the time, my aim is to be 100% within the lines at all times but not even reik or sean or vettel or alonso could achieve that, if there was penalties for it then it would be a safe bet every one of us would have at least 1 per race, its the intent behind it, if someones normal line involes a wide or cut then it has to be taken that its deliberate, i think we're past that now with the group we have so wont be much to worry about in that regard.

Guys who are unwilling to try the RR version are really missing out something good.. It's just waaay better version, accurate and much more fun than he 2004 nogrip version... So i suggest you at least try it before giving out judgement. Personally i would be pretty disappointed, the DL is free, you'll get the RR Formula for free.. So why not? Just simply "not bothering to download since this version is already in my archive" is not good enough reason for me. Try it out first, please. I'm certain that you'll all love it, it's one the latest SimBin track, laser scanned, no bugs, properly optimized for online etc...

EDIT: I might have the track-only package but you need to PM me for the link..

I dont think anyone is unwilling to try the track Kennet you really dont understood what people have tried to say, its just about making it easier for everyone, ive got both tracks and drove them both and indeed the simbin 1 is slightly better and if picking between tracks everyone including me would prefer the simbin version, which is obvious anyway lol as you expect this from official track.
I think as i said your missing the point people are making, i was saying to use the 2004 version as its already the the track linked to in our info thread so if someone is late to practise etc or busy they may not be back on forums until few days before race practicing a different version.
Also no track currently used in raceroom/gtr is laser scanned as far as i know its going to be maybe with future raceroom/gtr3.

You say people not bothering downloading this track isnt good enough excuse ? i dont think anyones said this eithier so dont know where you got this from lol, hopefully you understand what everyones point is now... :thumbsup:

To start with, in the past turn one has posed a 'challenege' for some to stay within the boundaries. On the opening lap, are we going to 'enforce' this?
I am so interested/focused on getting everyone through in one piece that I personally don't care if someone goes wide or cut. But all situations are unique, it all boils down to intentions.

In Q, who is going to abort their lap if they run a little foul of the line here? No one? If so, then I will apologize now for running a little wide, sorry ...I can foresee the future hehehe.:sneaky::p J
If I am unsure I'll probably keep going, if I "know" I'll lift or abort. On the other hand I have little ambisions for q, I don't practice it and usually make my q setup right before doing my lap. I am just interesting in having a good race with close racing.

However, I agreed a while back to accept Nico's example as the line not to be crossed; which I am 'guessing' means that inches are OK all of the time? Or some of the time?

I do not understand what this means?

What I have always sais is that 2 wheels need to be in contact with the white line, and by contact we use the same definition as in football/soccer; there must be air between the line and the ball for it to be out.

I have also said that I do not care if people from time to time accidentally cut or run wide in the race, as long as the vast majority of the turns are within regulations. I think it is only natural if you drive with good intentions and at the same time push towards the limit that there is an occational misjudgement.

Cut and wide epilouge: From my viewpoint I have no worries around cuts and wides in the league today. The last one I remember who I felt was not playing according to intensions was Mr Nameless that David mentioned. However, maybe this is because I am one of the sinners, one of those who respect the cut and wide rule more casually than the average, it could very well be, I wouldn't know :) I encurage you to name names Peter, and be spesific about what you are unhappy with. It will save a lot of time, and I have no problem if I am one of "them" as I trust the rest of the league also are mature enough to handle it :thumbsup: We'll discuss the situation and find a solution.

I do not understand what this means?
Only that I have surrendered the arguement to your perspective my firend :) I always thought the clear cut lines would be the 'limit' but I am learning. :)

E.G. Running outside the lines during the last two corners at Hockenheim in the past. My 'problem' in the past has been that I would never even have considered doing that even though the Fernado may do so in RL. Hence, I think I have been too conservative in my approach to staying within the track boundaries [racing] compared with 'some'. This 'debate' is over from my side. We are lenient and not definitive and that is all I was trying to convey; flexable interpretations of the regulations.... all good!!!!

Remember the results of the last pop quiz on wides at cuts? No? Interlagos two seasons ago? Me and Jim won that one I think. :cool: Tim;s analysis was that I should become more aggresive at attacking the apex's and he was going to be a little less aggresive i beleive. I have attempted to do so....

I may be working the 12th, but the end of the season has been disappointing for me anyway with screen freezes, missing the last race, it's not how I expected it to go. No worries if it's the 12th have fun and I will see you again next season.

So....which is it then chaps?

Track/date?

Edit: I've done some laps around the one on the server, no idea which version it is but it felt ok to me, I take it this is the one we're going with?

Jim
I think we all are first and foremost interesting in doing a race where the maximum of drivers can attend, and not surprising anyone with a different track version than expected. In that light I would vote for the track on the server (nogrip 2003/2004 version) the 19th. I am sorry that I yet again unwillingly sabotaged the chance of racing the much wanted race room version.

Just came back from my trip to Finland now.
I expected the race to be on the 12th, so I could do the race but with just minimum practice.
But I would also prefer the 19th now that there is a choice of course :)

About the track: The Raceroom version is obviously the better version; only real downside to it would have been the extreme cutting rules, but that isn't a factor with the Presto rules anyway. I'm not sure why this is all getting done so extremely late.
Anyway: that are my votes and cya on wednesday :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 8.2%