SEASON 9 RACE 10 Hockenheim - Preparation Thread

The NoGrip version is solid, bumbs are exaggarated but totally manageable. Raceroom version is more accurate and uses more materials, bumbs are more detailed. Specially T1 and the first hairpin are a lot more complex in design, there's a very nice use of 2m long, maybe just 30cm wide lo-grip strip (i think it was marbles, 60% grip...) beyond white lines on the turn-in to T1 that simulates real life: In real life the curbs are shaped so that rear end slips if you start using space beyond white lines during braking..

I haven't done anymore studies on the Raceroom version, that T1 thingy i just had to check.. The 2004 version allows very wide entry and cutting (it has less accurate cut corridors but that don't matter to us..), it's fully working and accurate enough.

Which track Nico? Do I need to make a new setup?

And which day? This week or next?

The situation:
TechnicaIly it is my calendar that is the official one, we did agree on the 19th. Problem is that most look at Jonas' calendar, therefore it seems to me that currently many are under the impression that the race is the 12th.

The solution
I feel warn out, I don't know what we should do and I do not want to decide. PrestoGP as an organism needs to solve this. My input is that I am fine with whatever is decided, but as everybody else I think we need to solve this asap. Everybody should come with their input.

i do not have raceroom track , any link for the download?
http://www.raceroom.net/games/race-07-formula-raceroom/

You need to register, that's all. Don't download Formula RaceRoom 2, it's a stand alone.

Seeing nobody really concerned what version we use, how about we just go with the nogrip version worked in past ok and its one that our info thread links to, so worst case scenario if no-one reads forums they will practise the correct track.

As for the date im not bothered eithier but i think it was going to be planned for 19th however as nico said its on list as the 12th maybe a good idea to go with that unless everyone posts here to confirm they know date etc.

The situation:
TechnicaIly it is my calendar that is the official one, we did agree on the 19th. Problem is that most look at Jonas' calendar, therefore it seems to me that currently many are under the impression that the race is the 12th.

The solution
I feel warn out, I don't know what we should do and I do not want to decide. PrestoGP as an organism needs to solve this. My input is that I am fine with whatever is decided, but as everybody else I think we need to solve this asap. Everybody should come with their input.
Stick with the 19th as agreed and the same track that we always use.

Also, can we discuss any track specifics here before the race day? I find it a frustrating when last minute decisions are discussed during the practice session. It has happend several times this season that last minute debates are done during the event. What is this thread for then? :O_o:

To start with, in the past turn one has posed a 'challenege' for some to stay within the boundaries. On the opening lap, are we going to 'enforce' this?

In Q, who is going to abort their lap if they run a little foul of the line here? No one? If so, then I will apologize now for running a little wide, sorry ...I can foresee the future hehehe.:sneaky::p J

i was mentioning to sean about this the other night peter, turn 1 is a real problem, last time we raced here i got so very frustrated constantly loosing time to a certain individual who is no longer with us and shall remain nameless, who ran very wide every lap, i pushed so hard through the rest of the lap only for him to gain so much that my chance to get close enough into turn 2 or onto the straight was gone, i posted about it in the forum afterwards.

now that the individual is gone i trust everyone would either stay well within the lines or lift if there was a big wide, im not talkin inches, in my eyes when your pushing hard for a whole race a few accidents will happen and i dont expect a lift for a matter of inches, its the feet wide that worry me here, theres no obvious way around it apart from just trusting each other to make turn 1 a priority in qualifying, no wides, in the race like i say some will happen, as long as its not a constant thing that looks like its someones usual line im happy.

on the opening lap id say it should only be enforceable if someone deliberatly goes wide to overtake, if someone goes wide to avoid an incident then fair enough id say that was acceptable.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 404 40.0%