yeah the Viper was glass fibre, I have some anecdote in the back of my head about the first prototype actually being made with parts from canoes.

There are different methods to create carbon fibre, and some need an autoclave like you said (I think the "dry" variants compared to the "wet" variants that use resin like glass fibre. I could be wrong, we had like 4 hours max about carbon in my material science lecture)

Last edited:
I have to admit it feels as weird as it feels great to be on every damn notLister shot :barefoot::laugh:

Maybe I should take it for a test drive? :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::p:roflmao:
Was just testing this AO shadow bake out and then remembered about the side plates I tweeked with the "show me the logo" lol I kinda dig it , its off the Tiff version might add it to the wings too :)

Thanks ,
we was talking about it internally a few weeks back , well Gary brought it up I believe we was looking at something in our chat ,
but we was discussing this Tornado must be the most accurate representation of it ever created in any game to date , and after this final amount of work I have to agree ,
for some reason all the games seem to make the same mistakes on the front arches , was brought to us the same with the same wrong details , just not enough shape , so much work as been done on this car in total by multiple people , but we do really hope that the community will appreciate a fully scratch made car for AC , same for all the cars , they really do take so much effort and time to create , I wish people could see the sheer amount of work its staggering to say the least , but really enjoyable once the work is flowing :)
For me it doesnt mater which car it is, a full scratch made car is impressive.

this Tornado must be the most accurate representation of it ever created in any game to date
Given that PC2 with it's many resources seems to have a car selection that includes highlights from other games, as to pack early 90s dtm and group 5 that were a must on R3E, the modern GT3 selection of AC and some of its cup cars like the Huracan ST -- if your mod makes sufficient buzz, I wouldn't be surprised if they later include a Lister GT1 (being a UK company and all) and some cars to go with it.

:p
I am Back ! :roflmao:
10b196caa5b8cfbff9fd17d9070ff7ab.jpg

939f30fa200f6130da012456a3a692a3.jpg

Last edited:
Some friday night discussion for you guys ,
lets begin ,
I have modelled this over the rear arch what could it possibly be made of me and Gary have some speculations , but will share later on , then I will paint it with what we all perceive to be the most accurate story :)

What is the black over the rear arch made from / ?
1999%20Lister%20Storm%20GT2_131548.jpg

some sort of hand laid wet carbon fibre that was modelled on the car (on a separation film), then cured, and finally riveted to it? Same with the front arch.

It looks like the same material as the black around the front arch. Is it carbon reinforcing.

AccAkut
some sort of hand laid wet carbon fibre that was modelled on the car (on a separation film), then cured, and finally riveted to it? Same with the front arch.
Beat me too it....:)

Looks like it was built in a shed that storm wonder what creations budget was :D
these reference I have looks way nicer quality the front arch and as no rivets :)
81e44a56a5e70706346f161e9896fcea.png

It looks like the same material as the black around the front arch. Is it carbon reinforcing.

AccAkut
Beat me too it....:)
95% seem to not run it , they dont in photos anyways to a certain point but saw 5-6 in 2004 and 2005 running with it for some reason some silver cars too , not quite sure how they placing it , some seam really nice and bonded the front arches with no rivets :)

On the pics that they aren't visible, they could have been painted in black like the ones surrounding the air openings next to the main lights. Just check the front facing two bottom rivets in the front arch, they are almost invisible. pic
In this pic, they were more visible (unpainted) and probably set a bit more apart.

Edit: That extra riveted lower rear part seem to close the gap that allowed air coming from the rear wheel to go over those lower side rear winglets, by extending the arch shape until the bottom (as the car is currently modeled). Without it:
xl_4275-photographie-3590.jpg

Oh here's a black rivet: pic (from this gallery)

Last edited:
95% seem to not run it , they dont in photos anyways to a certain point but saw 5-6 in 2004 and 2005 running with it for some reason some silver cars too , not quite sure how they placing it , some seam really nice and bonded the front arches with no rivets :)
to me it looks like repairs, as if the car had some intimate contact with a barrier or wall and was repaired between races

I've witnessed Sabine Schmitz' team literally making the cars livery in the pits during practice session, couple guys with red and white vinyl, carpet knifes and good eye judgement :D Bodge jobs are part of racing

As you will probably know by now, modern racing cars don't really float my boat but man...., that's an exquisite piece of work you all are doing here. Wishing you guys all the luck in the world with it.:thumbsup:
Now if you would only do a couple of real cars with this quality hehe, I'll keep dreaming.:p

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back