Rock, Paper, Scissors Tournament - Season 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chevrolet Make It To The Playoffs! Heartbreak For Lamborghini

game20.jpg

The Corvettes make it to the playoffs thanks to their win against Ford. Saab crush Mercedes hopes in a close 2-1 win against the AMG GT’s, putting them down to 5th in the last game of the season.

Holden defeat Lamborghini in a 2-0 and The Miuras are put down to fifth even though drawing on points with Nissan, it went down to the goal difference!

With Nissans 2-1 win over the Atoms, Nissan gain +1 in goal difference which has helped them climb to 4th.

The Eagle I-Thrusts will carry some great momentum into their next game, as their win against Ferrari makes it five in a row.

Despite Renault out of playoff contention they came out and dominated the 911 Turbos with a 5-0 victory making it the second time this season we’ve seen a 5 goal shutout!

standingsaftergame20_A.jpg

standingsaftergame20_B.jpg

The Playoffs

It’s been a long regular season and players have either had great luck or no luck at all, but many stuck with it and marched through. To the players and teams who didn’t make it, thank you for participating and i hope you’ve had some good fun! For the teams who are in the playoffs, every pick will be crucial and one wrong choice could end your hopes of becoming the RPS Season 21 Champion!

Some information on how the playoffs will be run:
  • All eight teams have been seeded randomly and put together like so 1vs8, 2vs7, 3vs6, 4vs5.
  • In the case of a draw, the team who scored first will be awarded an extra goal.
  • Deadline will remain at 3 days and a message will be sent to players when 24 hours remain on the deadline to ensure every team has picks.
playoffbracket1.jpg

Here are the match run downs:
  • Holden (1) VS Nissan (8) - Nissan faces the team that made it possible for them to get into the playoffs by defeating The Miuras! Wins and loses have been scattered throughout the schedule for Nissan, and the same goes for Holden in this second half. However The Commodores coming off a three game win streak has that fire they had at the start of the season been Re-ignited?
  • BMW (2) VS Chevrolet (7) - BMW are one of the big favourites to win the playoffs due to their success in the regular season. Despite Chevrolet just making it to the playoffs they can easily crush The Isettas hopes. It was game 7 the last these two teams saw each other and BMW won 4-1.
  • Saab (3) VS Ford (6) - Two teams who came from the same division, with the 9000’s winning both games (2-1 & 4-0).
  • Eagle I-Thrusts (4) VS P45’s (5) - A Topgear clash in the playoffs! Hammerhead Eagles have come off of a 5 game win streak and take it into the playoffs and haven’t lost a game since Game 11 against BMW.
Hopefully players will have fun in the playoffs and may the luckiest win!

=== Deadline is in 3 days! ===

Holden & Nissan Rematch! Hammerhead Playoff Run Ends Short

playoffsemifinal_1.jpg

Holden & Nissan game ended 0-0 and the decision has been made to host a rematch for the two teams. Both players will have 24 hours to give me their picks.

The Eagle I-Thrusts were unable to capitalize on the great momentum they had at the end of the regular season, with the Topgear clash ended with Hammerhead not coming through and being shutout by the P45’s with a 2-0 win.

BMW won their matchup against Chevrolet with a goal in their last pick and the game ended in a high scoring of 3-2.

The Saab and Ford game came down to a draw at the end but luckily for the 9000’s they scored early on and will progress to the next round.

Holden VS Nissan Rematch

As mentioned above, a rematch will be held for The Holden Commodores VS Nissan Almeras. Both players will be notified by private message and will have 24 hours to give me their picks. In the event of another 0-0 draw, the team with the highest point count at the end of the regular season will go through to the next round.​

Almeras Win In Rematch Against Commodores

Nissan Almeras defeat The Holden Commodores in a playoff rematch and Nissan progress to the quarter finals!

playoffsemifinal_2.jpg

=== Teams who haven't already sent me their picks have 3 days ===

BMW Isettas VS Topgear P45’s Playoff Final

BMW and the P45’s both progress to the final of the playoffs after winning their games. The P45’s match against Saab ended in a draw but due to the P45’s scoring first they gain the extra goal. Despite the Nissan Almeras winning their rematch against Holden, they couldn’t stand the wrath of BMW as they lose 3-1.
playoff_Quarterfinals_JPG.jpg

BMW Isettas have had a great season so far and winning the final would be the cherry on the cake, but will the Topgear P45’s cause a big upset and take the title???

=== Deadline is in 3 days, good luck to both players! ===

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back