1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Featured Ring Knutstorp Announced for RaceRoom Racing Experience!

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, May 19, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,585
    RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 4.jpg
    Ring Knutstorp, arguably the most impressive of an impressive bunch of tracks in Scandinavia, has been confirmed as coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience very soon indeed...!

Loved by pretty much everyone, Ring Knutstorp is a demanding and picturesque racing circuit in Sweden that has in the past played host to a number of important local championships and racing series. Often described as a mini Nordschleife due to its flowing corners and wild undulations, this one is a real racers circuit and sure to prove incredibly popular with the RaceRoom Racing Experience player fanbase.

Joining up with a number of Scandinavian circuits recently either announced or released by Sector3 Studios such as Falkenberg Motorbana, Mantorp Park, Karlskoga and Anderstorp, Ring Knutstorp is probably the icing on the cake for those of us virtual drivers looking for the ultimate thrill in many of the cars found within the current RaceRoom game build.

If you are perhaps unfamiliar with the track from either the old STCC racing games or the real life Scandinavian Touring Car Championship, then check out these two videos below showing the track in all its beautiful glory..

Drone Flypast

STCC On board Lap

No release date has been confirmed by Sector3 Studios as of yet, however the screenshots attached to this article and the small hotfix patch deployed just yesterday all lead me to think that perhaps players won't have to wait an incredibly long time until getting their hands on this content within RaceRoom Racing Experience....

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a free to play simulation exclusive to PC with additional content available to purchase via the in game RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 1.jpg RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 2.jpg RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 3.jpg RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 4.jpg

Check out the RaceRoom Racing Experience sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussions with regards to the simulation. Take part in our awesome Racing Club, download a setup or just hang out and chat about the game with your fellow fans of the title. It’s all here at RaceDepartment.com!

RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 5.jpg RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 6.jpg RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 7.jpg RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 8.jpg RaceRoom Ring Knutstorp 9.jpg

YES! Awesome track? Check. Awesome track development team? Check. Awesome sim? Check. This is going to be good.. do you agree?

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Jockey

Jockey

Ratings:
    +113
    LOL I never heard about this track before.
    This track looks awesome.

3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,039
    wow, visually this looks like superb job! great job Sector3
    also like the color balance, feels very realistic

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +260
    It was in Race07, STCC packs. Great track, lots of slow corners, tricky last corner. The more Swedish tracks the better in my eyes, now the biggest ones are covered, but there are still a lot of great tracks left :p

• Like Like x 3
  5. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +260
    Hey @Paul Jeffrey, the incar is from Anderstorp :p Here is one for Knutstorp

• Like Like x 2
  6. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    The Pyjamas Prime Minister Premium

Ratings:
    +1,523
    How can we not get an STCC pack at this point!? :p The track are there, now give me that delicious Volvo! :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fat Rich

Fat Rich

Ratings:
    +37
    Sounds rude, but looks like a great track! ;):)

8. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +911
    Living in Lithuania and knowing almost nothing about Scandinavian tracks, shame on me ! Just checked youtube, and that track seems to be really good. And those screens are really beautiful, Sector 3 are doing it well, gotta think about buying RaceRoom and supporting them, good job !

• Like Like x 8
    • Wow Wow x 1
  9. Rodent

Rodent
    Premium

Ratings:
    +242
    Knutstorp is about as close as you get to a racing roller coaster. I like to compare it to Cadwell park but a mini Nords might work as well. :p Glad to see my personal favorite of the Swede tracks on the way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,063
    Another great track, thanks!

11. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe

Ratings:
    +20
    Lovely track.

12. FernandoAFM

FernandoAFM

Ratings:
    +16
    Surely we must be getting the STCC cars soon?
    It was one of my favorite expansions in Race 07!!

13. mantasisg

mantasisg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +911
    Agreed, thats what I thought too ! Judging from an onboard it has really good flow too. Tracks like these are best IMO

I suggest to check "Nemuno Ziedas" from Lithuania :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,585
    Lol why on earth did I post that video?!?!? #rushingtogetreadyfortheclubrace :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  15. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Case Premium

Ratings:
    +1,270
    OK, now I'm interested ;)

16. RinusDirtRally

RinusDirtRally
    First to complete DR and longest playtime award. Premium

Ratings:
    +107
    I am still crying cause the CSW 2.5 isn't supported by R3E, still. Everything works except the automatic rotation. Let's pray someday it works again, so I can buy all the new content I've missed since I got this wheel.

• Sad Sad x 1
  17. delpinsky

delpinsky

Ratings:
    +48
    Track is a real fun! Short and tricky. Perfect for those Radicals in the video.
    The final crash.... LOL :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Ratings:
    +369
    Only a matter of time before the licence of the TCR-based STCC is announced.

Right?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. melanieuk

melanieuk

Ratings:
    +114
    I agree considering they are still using the old DirectX 9 graphics engine, I rate their content artist up there with the likes of Slightly Mad Studios, Kunos and iracings, they produce pure quality detailed content, it's the minimum I'm willing to pay money for dlc, if any other isn't up there with these other developers, I don't see why I should pay for low quality work, this is the standard of work and so are the devs I mentioned above. It's another buy from me Sector 3 Studios.

• Like Like x 4
    • Sad Sad x 1
  20. Eric Fogelstrom

Eric Fogelstrom
    Premium

Ratings:
    +24
    Knutstorp was my favourite track in STCC2 so this makes me very happy