• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

RaceRoom Updated and Karlskoga Track Released

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Paul Jeffrey, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,370
    RaceRoom Racing Experience Karlskoga 3.jpg
    Sector3 Studios have released the Swedish Karlskoga Motorstadion track alongside a small hotfix to RaceRoom Racing Experience.

Karlskoga is the first of three currently known Scandinavian circuits coming to RaceRoom Racing Experience, soon to be joined by the already announced Anderstorp Raceway and Mantorp Park thought to be ready for deployment into the game store within the next few weeks.

The track is probably best known to European race fans for it's staring role played in former SimBin titles Race 07, STCC the Game and STCC 2 the Game, however the track is the oldest permanent racing facility in Sweden and still hosts many national championship events such as the Scandinavian Touring Car Championship and supporting Camaro Cup. Located just 6km outside of Karlskoga itself, the circuit is just 2.4 km in length and contains just 11 corners.

karlskoga_trackmap-1280x788.jpg

Retailing for just £2.60, the Karlskoga track comes in two different layouts for RaceRoom, the full Grand Prix layout at 2.53km and the shorter 1.143km short circuit configuration. The track is available to purchase from the RaceRoom Store with immediate effect and the new update will download automatically once your start your Steam client.

About the track:

Karlskoga Motorstadion, also known as Gelleråsen is the oldest permanent motorsport race track in Sweden. The layout is such that the whole track can be seen from all spectator areas. The track is quite flat and open consisting of medium speed corner combinations with a very long sweeping turn leading in to the start/finish straight. While this may make it look like an easy drive, it also means that racing is close and intense. The overtaking zones will be hotly contested, so car positioning could be instrumental in securing the win.

Hotfix Patch

Game:

• Fixed so the aspect ratio and the resolution option dynamically updates and only shows the supported settings of the currently selected monitor.
    • Fixed mouse going offset for menu after changing resolution.
    • Fixed so the minimum refresh rate is 59 and fixed a DirectX resolution related crash.
    • Fixed issue with game not resetting back to the old monitor if the player didn't apply video settings.
    • Fixed a crash that could occur due to spring based range lock failing to initialize.
    • Fixed an issue with new data displays not showing laps remaining when race has a laps based duration.
    • Fixed an issue with new data displays showing wrong text if fuel usage is disabled.
    • Fixed an issue where the free flight camera speed was not affecting the camera tilt.

Multiplayer:
    • Fixed dedi crash that was occurring when people disconnected from race session without finishing at least one lap. This was causing people to get kicked out to the lobby without seeing the race result.
    • Fixed the issue with players never receiving a penalty for ignoring mandatory pit stops in MP.

Art:
    • Bentley Continental GT3 - Adjusted steering wheel / column position
    • Formula RaceRoom Junior - Fixed some pixels bleeding from the outside into the cockpit of livery #20

Portal & Backend:

• Fixed so the currency preference of the player is saved on logout.
    • Fixed an issue where linked content discount was not applying so the linked car was appearing at full price.
    • Fixed essential packs showing twice in the storefront.

RaceRoom Racing Experience is available for PC via the Steam Network. You can download the game with limited content for free - additional car and track packs can be purchased in the game store.

RaceRoom Racing Experience Karlskoga 1.jpg RaceRoom Racing Experience Karlskoga 2.jpg RaceRoom Racing Experience Karlskoga 4.jpg

Take a look at the RaceDepartment RaceRoom Racing Experience forum for news, discussions, setups and of course our superb Racing Club events! If you want to prove you are one of the best sim racing drivers here at RaceDepartment.

Have you tried the new circuit yet? Are you pleased to see more Scandinavian circuits in RaceRoom? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 4
  2. TobiasR

TobiasR
    Czarleeese Baygio Premium

Ratings:
    +1,503
    Excellent. This track was great in Race 07 :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Christian Moreau

Christian Moreau
    The real Canadian Prime Minister Premium

Ratings:
    +1,590
    Time for a race with the NSUs. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joerg Baermann

Joerg Baermann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Now they just need to add a tank... I meant old Volvo :)
    Hopefully we see more of the other rare tracks found in Race07.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  5. mopro

mopro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +27
    Looks great! I hope they will also do the Sturup. As much as I want this circuit, I feel that I already have too many cars and circuits in R3E than my play time allows me to enjoy them all. I hope this is just the beginning of an "STCC" pack - only then I won't be able to resist to get it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,810
    Won't drive a swedish track until THE ALMIGHTY MANTORP PARK (THE ONLY, actually it's the one of the two, LEGIT SWEDISH TRACKS IN MY OPINION) COMES OUT. THE STRIKE IS REAL PEOPLE. WHICH CAN MEAN ONLY THING:

over reaction over.

Moar tracks moar fun. TT RS or TT Cups I read?

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +102
    There they go ruining international women's day for my wife :)

• Haha Haha x 11
  8. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +102
    three-crowns-legacy-motors-3-2277-image-big.png
    How about this one ?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Alex Covic

Alex Covic

Ratings:
    +4
    I never liked the track itself, but this is a really fair price, for this one. Nobody can say "no" to that.

10. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Huh, cheap as well. Great track, especially for slow cars and touring cars

11. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium

Ratings:
    +328
    Thank you so much for adjusting the steering wheel....as well as all the other improvements....great work as always and my wallet is at the ready

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +166
    Best track artistry in the industry, IMO.

• Agree Agree x 12
  13. bogani

bogani

Ratings:
    +154
    Imagine some Supertourers on this track!

Btw, Mantorp is boring. Bring us Ring Knutstorp instead!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Both are fine, but Falkenberg is what we need!

15. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    And best sound as well!

• Love Love x 1
  16. James Cook

James Cook
    Marcas fan

Ratings:
    +397
    Good club track for touring cars and lower-powered open wheelers. Short, narrow and surprisingly challenging.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Joerg Baermann

Joerg Baermann
    Premium

Ratings:
    +49
    Yup, seeing that this super saloon is placed under legends, paint job almost matches Poulsens.
    [​IMG]
    The rebuild could be cool too and Jyllands Ringen ofc.
    Was kind of impressive to see how well those 240's did back in time, not to forget the roar when they passed by.
    [​IMG]

18. Filip Carlén

Filip Carlén
    Premium

Ratings:
    +275
    Even more impressive is that they still are among the most popular cars in Swedish rallying, fighting for first place of popularity with the Volvo 940. 940 has taken over more and more now though.

19. Boby Kim

Boby Kim

Ratings:
    +351
    I have an Ikea Karlskoga. One is more than enough

• Haha Haha x 3
  20. Kostadin Kostadinov

Kostadin Kostadinov

Ratings:
    +102
    OK, I've managed a few races. And although I'm a little weird because I like every track ever, this one is fantastic, especially in DTM 92 and Touring Classics. So much sliding action, I went to bed with a smile on my face.

Can't wait for the other two.

• Like Like x 1