1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

ridiculous adverts

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Chris Kennedy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. I'm happy to disable adblock to support this site, the auto playing video add that sometimes aren't even muted are pretty annoying, but this is ridiculous, I expect this from a torrent site but surely you can get your ads from a less malicious source
    Screenshot_2015-01-30-22-14-57.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Totally agree, will check out where this comes from! Thanks for the headsup, ill keep you posted.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I have a slightly different comment about ads - the ones that contain video on this site appear to severely slow down my browser (Firefox). If I leave this forum open in a tab, soon enough everything else starts to chug. YouTube videos, iPlayer, etc. It doesn't happen every time, but I'm sure it is always this site causing the slow-down (i.e. when it does happen, I close this tab and everything is smooth again).

4. Andrew

Andrew
    Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

I had the same. What helped was: go to plugins, and stop the flashplayer to be loaded everytime you start Firefox.

5. Doesn't that stop the ads from playing altogether?

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

@Chris Kennedy just checking in to see if this message has returned? Seems that even google as has issues with advertisers as you aren't the only one reporting this. Google product forums have a sticky about re-directs. Pretty shameful if you ask me.