ridiculous adverts

I'm happy to disable adblock to support this site, the auto playing video add that sometimes aren't even muted are pretty annoying, but this is ridiculous, I expect this from a torrent site but surely you can get your ads from a less malicious source
Screenshot_2015-01-30-22-14-57.png

I can get over all of the other stuff however this is pretty annoying.

0e6a147c51dab8693029918fa2fc88d9.png

I cant really stand something getting in my way while browsing, it doesnt look nice and its not a good user experience. Certainly wouldnt expect this sort of this from a site the caliber of racedepartment. Guess i have no choice to get premium.

I can get over all of the other stuff however this is pretty annoying.

0e6a147c51dab8693029918fa2fc88d9.png

I cant really stand something getting in my way while browsing, it doesnt look nice and its not a good user experience. Certainly wouldnt expect this sort of this from a site the caliber of racedepartment. Guess i have no choice to get premium.
I'm getting the same. it is so frustrating

That's really not something that you decide or what hinders you browsing the site.

But let's leave it. Ill wait for beer and brownninja to respond with some extra info on what browser and device they are using so we can resolve the issues they may be having.

That's really not something that you decide or what hinders you browsing the site.

But let's leave it. Ill wait for beer and brownninja to respond with some extra info on what browser and device they are using so we can resolve the issues they may be having.
Im on my desktop. Im using the newest chrome with 0% browser scaling at 1080p. I tried this on my laptop as well and it seems i get the same issue. For me it seems like the adverts move depending on where my mouse cursor is so when i go to close it then it moves. Its inconsistent as well as sometimes it doesnt move at all and right now its just not appearing.

To be honest, this looks like the ad network used does an incomplete job of filtering Javascript, so that malicious advertisers can submit ads that break out of their designated box. That would be a serious issue that can threaten the user.

To be honest, this looks like the ad network used does an incomplete job of filtering Javascript, so that malicious advertisers can submit ads that break out of their designated box. That would be a serious issue that can threaten the user.
Nope, its just a positioning issue. Nothing wrong with the ad itself.

@Brownninja97 thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

That is true. For some I suppose. I don't see or get any adverts at all on Racedepartment.
ps, any luck with the Asian dating site mate? I might give it a go myself. ;):D:whistling:

I'm a married man and I like my wife. Moreover, during intense interrogation my wife claimed to like me, albeit under duress.

Ergo, I have no need for such fun filled frivolity.

Im on my desktop. Im using the newest chrome with 0% browser scaling at 1080p. I tried this on my laptop as well and it seems i get the same issue. For me it seems like the adverts move depending on where my mouse cursor is so when i go to close it then it moves. Its inconsistent as well as sometimes it doesnt move at all and right now its just not appearing.

Bram, I've been having the same issue over the past week, also a bit variable as quoted above. I just used the little "x" in the right hand corner of the overlaying ad to get rid of it.
However, it seems to be ok over the the past 48 hrs, so I assumed maybe you guys made a fix.
FWIW, I've been using Chrome on a desktop, with 125% view scaling.

@Warren Dawes I have forwarded the complaint to the ad network after feedback from Brownninja and others and they are working on a fix. Thanks for the feedback though.

The push ad should be partly visible until users scroll over it when they are interested and only then should show a full size version at the bottom of the page. Not in the middle of the screen of course as that is a bad user experience.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back