ridiculous adverts

I'm happy to disable adblock to support this site, the auto playing video add that sometimes aren't even muted are pretty annoying, but this is ridiculous, I expect this from a torrent site but surely you can get your ads from a less malicious source
Screenshot_2015-01-30-22-14-57.png

"Congratulations, you are a winner in this totally legit Walmart contest that definitely isnt a phishing scam!"

@Admins, this is getting ridiculous. I just got this phone, have never been to the walmart website, and dont browse any dodgy sites besides RD. No reason for this other than a shady ad host.

Since yesterday I am getting blocked from accessing the site while at work where I access the site regularly throughout the day. A big issue for me if this continues. Has something changed this week that would be causing this as I have not had it happen before and the constant blocking is sure to flag something up with my iT department if it continues which would mean my having to no longer access it.

Well it seems these problems have finally resulted in the site being blocked for me at work. Been trying this morning and no joy but using my phones mobile connection it's fine. That's my access to the site severely limited from now on unfortunately :thumbsdown:

But more productivity for you at work!
lol nope, I'm far more productive when I can have a little break and check on things here. Keeps me fresh ;) It's been very strange having no access this past week or so having been able to come on here regularly throughout the day for so many years. I'm having to find my fix elsewhere now unfortunately....

Looks like it's time for another monthly, "when is this $@!% being fixed" post.

Screenshot_20180514-155141.png Screenshot_20180514-155147.png

This was from today.

As for how or when this happens. I have RD's homepage bookmarked. I click on it, the page loads... I use the top left drop down menu to click on 'forums' and then instantly spammed with this garbage.

Other times it can be when idling and Im doing nothing and it will pop.

upload_2018-5-20_3-25-24.png
Another dodgy ad, posting to be as constructive as possible. Chrome just went to it all by itself as I scrolled through the N24h Frikadelli Porsche skin in Assetto Corsa Mods. 20/05/2018 at about 3:30 am.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-20_3-24-24.png
    upload_2018-5-20_3-24-24.png
    60 KB · Views: 194
Looks like it's time for another monthly, "when is this $@!% being fixed" post.

Screenshot (Jun 22, 2018 10_34_26 AM).png

Once again, this was from today, simply from going to the RD homepage and waiting 5 seconds. This time though, there were multiple others that also popped up.

@Bram Hengeveld, what do you guys need from me to fix this garbage? Clearly, telling you guys it is a problem isnt resulting in you guys doing anything about it, so what info can I provide to help you decipher why this is happening?

This is past ridiculous at this point. Last month I thought it would have been funny to say, "Who will finish first? Wreckfest releasing, or RD fixing this pop up BS on Android?" Well, after 4.5 yrs, Wreckfest released. Let's hope you guys dont similarly take as long to correct this.

I know you guys wont care since this is only 1 person, but this will be the hump that breaks the camel's back here, and I have no problem leaving RD because of this. :thumbsdown:

I can only forward it to Google as we have obviously no control over every ad that is being displayed. I am on Android myself and I am not having this issue when I browse the site logged out from my account so i can't reproduce it.

We work around the clock to run this website so writing a post stating we don't care or don't do anything about stuff isn't true.

What you can try to do, but that will be hard on mobile is to find the source of the ad. But even then I can only forward it and report it as i have done before.

I can only forward it to Google as we have obviously no control over every ad that is being displayed. I am on Android myself and I am not having this issue when I browse the site logged out from my account so i can't reproduce it.

We work around the clock to run this website so writing a post stating we don't care or don't do anything about stuff isn't true.

What you can try to do, but that will be hard on mobile is to find the source of the ad. But even then I can only forward it and report it as i have done before.
So, you have no control over your website and if the ad issue brings it down and you lose business over it, then oh well. Really? I take my business and my customers a lot more seriously.

I wish I knew more about this topic to offer better feedback that would lead to a solution here, but Im probably clueless like most people are.

However, I did used to browse RD quite successfully on mobile for a number of years prior to these issues. When this thread was resurrected back in January, that was around the time this problem started.

So, perhaps something changed back in January that would be affecting this?

As much as I can understand and respect that some things are just not possible to have control over and fix, Im not sure I buy that this issue is one of them. Because 1) this was never a problem before January 2018 and 2) this does not happen on any other site I visit, including the ones that supply ads like RD.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back