rFactor 2 is there a built-in download manager for official content?

I just purchased rFactor 2 and installed the Lite version. I expected a download manager for official content in the launcher, but couldn't find one. I opened the Mod Manager, but that doesn't seem to have a download function.

For now, I am just manually downloading each .rfcmp file from the ISI rFactor site to put in the Packages folder. Is that the only way to get official content or did I miss something in the Launcher?

I just purchased rFactor 2 and installed the Lite version. I expected a download manager for official content in the launcher, but couldn't find one. I opened the Mod Manager, but that doesn't seem to have a download function.

For now, I am just manually downloading each .rfcmp file from the ISI rFactor site to put in the Packages folder. Is that the only way to get official content or did I miss something in the Launcher?

At the moment yes!

It something on my wish list to have a big installer for rF2: all content included. :geek:

But there is a little short cut you can use:
- Download all packages from the ISI website.
- Put them all in your packages folder.
- Go to the mod manager and select them all !!!
- And click install. :cool:

Once they are installed you can empty the packages folder.
Or safe them on a other disk if you want to safe some space.;)

Ok, thanks for the help, yusupov and Gijs.

Once they are installed you can empty the packages folder.
Or safe them on a other disk if you want to safe some space.

Good tips, thank you.

I hope they come out with an update that tracks all the updates, whether or not they're installed. It seems like a simple .xml file updated on their server could be sent to the Mod Manager and handle all the downloading and update tracking. Well, at least I see their priorities are on cars on tracks right now, which is a good thing.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.