1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

rFactor 2 is there a built-in download manager for official content?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Mattross, Jul 31, 2014.

1. I just purchased rFactor 2 and installed the Lite version. I expected a download manager for official content in the launcher, but couldn't find one. I opened the Mod Manager, but that doesn't seem to have a download function.

For now, I am just manually downloading each .rfcmp file from the ISI rFactor site to put in the Packages folder. Is that the only way to get official content or did I miss something in the Launcher?

2. afaik thats right. just cilck & DL each piece in your browser & install as if they were unofficial mods.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

At the moment yes!

It something on my wish list to have a big installer for rF2: all content included. :geek:

But there is a little short cut you can use:
    - Download all packages from the ISI website.
    - Put them all in your packages folder.
    - Go to the mod manager and select them all !!!
    - And click install. :cool:

Once they are installed you can empty the packages folder.
    Or safe them on a other disk if you want to safe some space.;)

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Ok, thanks for the help, yusupov and Gijs.

Good tips, thank you.

I hope they come out with an update that tracks all the updates, whether or not they're installed. It seems like a simple .xml file updated on their server could be sent to the Mod Manager and handle all the downloading and update tracking. Well, at least I see their priorities are on cars on tracks right now, which is a good thing.