• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

rFactor 2 is there a built-in download manager for official content?

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Mattross, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Mattross

Mattross

Ratings:
    +30
    I just purchased rFactor 2 and installed the Lite version. I expected a download manager for official content in the launcher, but couldn't find one. I opened the Mod Manager, but that doesn't seem to have a download function.

For now, I am just manually downloading each .rfcmp file from the ISI rFactor site to put in the Packages folder. Is that the only way to get official content or did I miss something in the Launcher?

2. yusupov

yusupov

Ratings:
    +139
    afaik thats right. just cilck & DL each piece in your browser & install as if they were unofficial mods.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,227
    At the moment yes!

It something on my wish list to have a big installer for rF2: all content included. :geek:

But there is a little short cut you can use:
    - Download all packages from the ISI website.
    - Put them all in your packages folder.
    - Go to the mod manager and select them all !!!
    - And click install. :cool:

Once they are installed you can empty the packages folder.
    Or safe them on a other disk if you want to safe some space.;)

• Beer Beer x 1
  4. Mattross

Mattross

Ratings:
    +30
    Ok, thanks for the help, yusupov and Gijs.

Good tips, thank you.

I hope they come out with an update that tracks all the updates, whether or not they're installed. It seems like a simple .xml file updated on their server could be sent to the Mod Manager and handle all the downloading and update tracking. Well, at least I see their priorities are on cars on tracks right now, which is a good thing.