rF2 Noob questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobbe Bergman

@Simberia
1. Whenever I run off track the car feels light as a feather, shouldn't it be the opposite ?
2. In an AI race no matter what start position I choose I always end up in pole start position ?
3. In an AI qualify no matter what time I choose I get 30 minutes qualify ?

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Cat litter or sand is supposed to slow you down

Not many people have experience with going of track. :whistling:
Cars with stiff suspensions and with "high" speeds going trough the kitty litter do not slow down (much).
Car is almost uncontrollable and jumps over the gravel bumps. Steering wheel shakes very hard and countersteer is pure on feeling because there is not much contact with the surface.
The feeling you are missing when you are off track in a sim, is someone shaking your seat like a maniac.

Road cars or rally cars have much softer suspension and the car is much more "controllable" on gravel.

If you go completely sideways through the gravel, there is a change that the tires dig into the gravel an the car rolls. The tires digging and the car getting stuck into a surface isn't simulated in any sim. Although you might want to try the ASR Classic F1's.

Just try to keep it on the black stuff. :thumbsup:

Zolder1.jpg

Zolder.jpg

Typical fanboy comment !
No argument, No brain, No pain !
Say hello to the ignore button :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
You got to be kidding, go back and read all of your comments in this tread. Look who's calling the kettle black!
If you don't like rFactor2 great, but what are you accomplishing by telling everyone your "opinion" of how great AC is and how bad rF2 is? No one here really cares what you prefer.

You got to be kidding, go back and read all of your comments in this tread. Look who's calling the kettle black!
If you don't like rFactor2 great, but what are you accomplishing by telling everyone your "opinion" of how great AC is and how bad rF2 is? No one here really cares what you prefer.

Don't get me wrong !
I like rF2 really much and is actually in the phase of getting addicted.
I only have a couple of questions about it.

Some people have a problem with that and find themselves offended and has to make stupid irrelevant comments and have zero arguments about the actual thread topic.

The Internet forums are full of stupid idiots and has probably always been.
You're certainly not alone !

I personally dont give a :poop: what you prefer either :roflmao:

The ignore button is a really nice feature here !
Say Hello !

You do realise, in your plea for help. You provided exactly zero detail of your issue.

It may have helped some give accurate information if we knew for example, which car and track we are talking about.

Nothing about speed?
Nothing about pitch?

Did it occur to you that you may have settings set incorrectly? Dampening for example reduces the effect of offroad on cheap wheels like Logitech.

To say with a straight face that Kunos has anything right shows that you have no clue what you are talking about. I wonder why that is...

Yes good idea, you go to AC and don't come back
Jim time to up the meds mate, being rude to new RF2 members is not cool.

Note to new RF2 members, the people here get pretty passionate, and are usually very helpful. Looking back over the past weeks a lot of questions have been answered.
What never works well is saying RF2 is rubbish at X and AC/iRacing/PCars/etc is awesome.

The RF2 tribe love the fact that there arent any "canned effects" here. Just physics.

A really knowledgeable guy I know explained to me that to facilitate kitty litter slowing the car and reacting correctly would require the simulation to deal with particle physics which isnt feasible.

If we all keep our manners it will be nicer.

Last edited:

Note to new RF2 members, the people here get pretty passionate, and are usually very helpful. Looking back over the past weeks a lot of questions have been answered.
What never works well is saying RF2 is rubbish at X and AC/iRacing/PCars/etc is awesome.

The RF2 tribe love the fact that there arent any "canned effects" here. Just physics.

A really knowledgeable guy I know explained to me that to facilitate kitty litter slowing the car and reacting correctly would require the simulation to deal with particle physics which isnt feasible.

@David O'Reilly you're quite right David but he's just looking for a reaction by comparing to AC etc, it just annoys me. First it was the graphics comparing and now the off track. RF2 community is the coolest and most helpful I know so and I lost my cool a little, apologies.

That is a very good explanation regarding "off track". Thanks :) I really appreciate it !
I actually thought there was something wrong with something in rF2 but now realize it is as designed.

<Mod Edit: Insulting your fellow forum members is in breach of ToS>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Mikaela
So you just said thanks and then you said lots of people here are stupid.

If that is how you respond to someone trying to pour oil on troubled waters help you and how you follow Jims apology for being a little out of order I cant really see what your goal is.
I mean why stir it up again?
Beats me.

Well Mikaela
So you just said thanks and then you said lots of people here are stupid.

If that is how you respond to someone trying to pour oil on troubled waters help you and how you follow Jims apology for being a little out of order I cant really see what your goal is.
I mean why stir it up again?
Beats me.

My goal is complete, My questions answered !
Mod edit: Personal insults Have no place here.

My motto is: I treat people the way they treat me ............ thousandfold !
Be friendly and you have a friend for life
Be rude and I'll give you Hell
Works really great !

Think about it:
The humans are the most stupid of all animals.
There is just a tiny tiny minority that have useful brain cells and Internet forums just reflects reality.

Look at any forum and they are there.

Throw out a question on any forum and among the first ones would be something like this:
Hey dude I haven't got a clue of what your problem is but have you tried doing this or that.
It might help !

That is the definition of an idiot IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back