rF2 & Graphics

I've been a big fan of rFactor but the area which lets it down for me in rFactor 2 is the graphics. I entirely accept that the product is beta and still lots to come but when I fire up the GT1 mod for example, I am left with visuals worse that GTR or a sim of that age in comparison to today. I'm not expecting full fat visuals but is there a reason why the textures, more particularly, and the modelling is lacking at this stage? Is the expectation that community modellers and developers will be the ones to really push this area forward? And if so are there mods out there now which take advantage of their skills. I totally appreciate the current strengths of the product in the FFB (excellent IMO) and the direction of the physics.

None taken but it's not a cop out. Show me a title that has graphics AND all the dynamic features along with good physics rF2 has?

Because that title does not exist does not mean it isn't possible with today's hardware. Of course you may be right, but, unless you have a reference from ISI, it is an assumption to say pc's are holding ISI back and making them compromise graphics to have all the other features.
It is logical that this might be the issue but there could be other causes too... like limited $ and staff to focus on all areas so they have chosen to focus on feel and racing features instead of having the best graphics.

Can I remind you all about NetKarPro it has all the above in one neat package, the physics, graphics, immersion and ffb are top class the only negative I can find with NKPro is the netcode and Assetto Corsa will be the next level for this developer, so for me I wait with much anticipation for Kunos's next release. It will be hard to beat.

Has anyone else noticed this bug? Every setting except opponent detail is the same between both screenshots.
7AhTx.jpg

Can I remind you all about NetKarPro it has all the above in one neat package, the physics, graphics, immersion and ffb are top class the only negative I can find with NKPro is the netcode and Assetto Corsa will be the next level for this developer, so for me I wait with much anticipation for Kunos's next release. It will be hard to beat.

netkar doesn't have dynamic lighting, dynamic weather, or dynamic track surface. ;)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.