Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sauber C37 F1 2018 Launch 4.jpg

Sauber welcome back to Formula One the Alfa Romeo brand with the all new Alfa Romeo Sauber C37 Formula One car today...

Set to be piloted by 2017 returnee Marcus Ericsson and exciting rookie and reigning Formula Two champion Charles Leclerc, the newly branded Alfa Romeo Sauber C37 broke cover today for the first time sporting the famous Italian brand colours, showing off the new title sponsorship for a team looking to recover lost ground in Formula One over recent seasons.

Continuing with support from the Ferrari stable with both engine and junior driver Leclerc behind the wheel, 2018 already promises to be an improvement over the frankly embarrassing 2017 season for this popular Swiss team, keen to regain a solid midfield position as they look to fight back the recent steady decline of a squad that once won a Grand Prix with Robert Kubica all the way back in 2008.

"We are positive that the new concept offers us more opportunities and will help us to make improvements during the course of the season. The 2018 Ferrari engine will also give us a boost in terms of our performance.” Says Technical Director Jörg Zander of the new car.​

“I am very much looking forward to the 2018 season, and to seeing Marcus (Ericsson) and Charles (Leclerc) on track" Added Frédéric Vasseur, Alfa Romeo Sauber Team Principle. "We have put lots of effort and hard work into the C37 over the last few months, and it is fantastic to be launching the new car today. I am convinced that Marcus and Charles form the perfect driver line-up, with one being an experienced driver and one a promising rookie. Marcus is going into his fourth season with us. He is a valuable part of the team, and we benefit from his experience and precise technical feedback. As for Charles, he has proven his talent in prior categories and deserves to be on the Formula 1 grid this season.”

“Our target ahead of 2018 is clear: We have to catch up with the field and continue improving our performance during the course of the season. We have put lots of energy and commitment into the development of the C37. I want to thank our partners and fans for their continuous support. The return of Alfa Romeo to Formula 1 sets another milestone in the team’s history, and I am proud that such a historical brand has chosen us for their return to the sport. We are eager to start the 2018 season as the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team,” Continued Vasseur after the car received its first public reveal.
Now that Sauber and Renault have revealed new cars today, we just have Force India, Mercedes, Ferrari, McLaren and Toro Rosso then the new grid is complete!

Sauber C37 F1 2018 Launch 5.jpg
Sauber C37 F1 2018 Launch 2.jpg
Sauber C37 F1 2018 Launch 3.jpg
Sauber C37 F1 2018 Launch 1.jpg

Formula One car launch dates:

February 14th - Haas Ferrari
February 15th - Williams Mercedes
February 19th - Red Bull Tag Heuer
February 20th - Renault
February 20th - Alfa Romeo Sauber Ferrari
February 22nd - AMG Mercedes
February 22nd - Ferrari
February 23rd - McLaren Renault
February 25th - Toro Rosso Honda

TBC - Force India Mercedes

If you like your motorsport fast and open wheeled, check out the Formula One sub forum and get yourself in on the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the new Sauber F1 car? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

....Nice, not a lot of sponsors btw...
@++

Ken Bell

Premium
I really like what they have done with the darn halo. Its integrated really well into the car.
Thinking about Brice's comment about sponsors; don't think they really need many as they have full backing of Alfa/Fiat/Ferrari empire.
That burgundy red is beautiful

actually the rb14 yesterday had some small little pieces on it just not as noticable as the sauber my thing with this car is just how different they went with the side pods with the lower radiator intake lower than ive seen on any car so far and then a second one on the top of the side pod and behind the crash structure very good to see something different and innovative hopefully it works great

Interesting take on the force india style nosecone, wonder if it will work as well? Suprised at how skinny the sidepods are, from the rear view I though they were very tall, only from the front do you realise they are just plain tiny!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 95 18.5%
  • €151-500

Votes: 138 26.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 87 17.0%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 51 9.9%
  • €3001-5000