Introducing the First 2018 F1 Car - In Virtual Form!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
2018 Haas F1 New Car 2.jpg

Haas F1 surprised everyone today with the first reveal of their Formula One 2018 challenger - the Ferrari powered VR-18!

Complete with halo design and lack of those monstrous rear fins seen in recent seasons, the new Haas F1 car has seen the light of day by way of virtual renders earlier than any of it's Grand Prix rivals, beating the Williams Mercedes team to the punch by two days as fans get the first chance to see what F1 2018 style will look like this season.

Having been in the news recently concerning the teams apparent lack of support for American talent behind the wheel of one of his cars, Gene Haas was at it again today as the most recent addition to the Formula One grid surprisingly released these render images of the yet to be officially launched VF-18.

The new car continues in the corporate colours of the Haas empire, and once again sports a noticeable lack of sponsor decals on the car, leaving many to wonder how the popular American team can realise their ambitions of moving up the Grand Prix grid without some substantial backing from another organisation or two outside of the Haas automotive empire.

So here we go folks, the first 2018 car reveal is here... what do you think?

2018 Haas F1 New Car 1.jpg
2018 Haas F1 New Car 4.jpg
2018 Haas F1 New Car 3.jpg
2018 Haas F1 New Car 5.jpg

If you like your motorsport fast and open wheeled, check out the Formula One sub forum and get yourself in on the discussion today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Do you like the look of the new style Formula One cars? Can Haas score regular 10 ten results this year in your opinion? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
Very sharp looking car, halo barely noticeable and this mini shark fin is an improvement. Wow I said something less negative about Haas.

BP

Premium
I can dig it.

The lowered rear wing threw me for a sec, but I like the flow from front to back.

Gopher04

Premium
Very sharp looking car, halo barely noticeable and this mini shark fin is an improvement. Wow I said something less negative about Haas.
Will become more visible during the day when someone is sat behind the wheel, as for the car, meh same old thing, and Haas really doesn't have the best colours in the world..

Looks very well developed for a launch car. Few interesting details, but again heavily influenced by a previous Ferrari, the sidepods especially.

Halo looks really basic, with little to the aero fairing. I would be expecting to see sharper angles on most cars, which will make them look more appealing too. Saying that, it doesn't look as bad as I feared. By mid-season it will look normal.

Hoksu

Premium
It's been many years since F1 cars were genuinely good looking, but at least that is considerably less butt ugly than the 2017 cars, so a definite improvement.

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
Will become more visible during the day when someone is sat behind the wheel, as for the car, meh same old thing, and Haas really doesn't have the best colours in the world..

And I was trying to be less negative....could be worse?
jm1719my272_0.jpg

Of course the halo is barely noticeable. It´s black. Mounted on a cockpit area painted black. On a black background. Wait till you see it on track. You´ll notice it.

What surprised me the most is the lack of sponsors, even after 3 years of them doing quite well.

Nick Gregory

iRating is just a number
Well, if you like.... Now it's your turn.

What's wrong with a car being pink? It's just a color to me. The while reason for the pink anyway is because BWT wanted to stand out, and that's a good way to do it. It's been like that since they've been in DTM. It's a lot better than the sea of black and silver that's been going on the last few years.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.5%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000