Resolution, Monitor/LCD, Input Device

J

Jason Parks

• Jason Parks

Hiya,

Just wanting to get feedback on what monitor/HDTV etc people are using for GTR Evo...

Also what resolutions you are running?

Lastly what input device, ie steering wheel, joypad, keyboard :O???

Im on Samsung 26" HDTV >HDMI running @1280x720 60Hz(720p) which looks very nice indeed, but only using a playstation imitation controller, which is pants!!

cheers

• Klyde Parker

24" LCD - SAMSUNG 2493HM, 1080p, 5ms, 1920 x 1200, 10,000:1 contrast ratio

MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel

Klyde

• Jacek Kozlowski

24" LCD - SAMSUNG 2493HM, 1080p, 5ms, 1920 x 1200, 10,000:1 contrast ratio

MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel

Klyde

I had same monitor before i bought Tv for use with my Pc....its a very good monitor,i still have it but use it in another rig -not for sims

I've got a nice Samsung 20" @1680x1050 with an nVidia 9600GT and use a Momo Racing Force for a controller.
Have to say, there's some pretty impressive systems in this thread, that triple monitor setup must be amazing and really immersive!

• Jason Parks

Indeed some of them Im really envious of!!! Wish I could run my resolution higher but unfortunetly I get terrible overscan with my 8800 via the HDMI cable.....Just wish I could afford my wheel sooner!!!!

• Chad711

I play on my TV. It's a Sony LCD 46" 1080p. I am using the G25 wheel. I want to go back to my computer monitor so my living room doesn't look like a arcade room. However it's hard going from 46" TV to a 22" monitor that doesn't have the quality of a LCD TV.

This weekend I went and bought some extended cables for the audio and HDMI that goes from PC to TV. So it doesn't look as bad. Still got the Playseat Evo and G25 in the living room though.

Doubt the lady is going to let me do that when we get a house! :)

• Matt Crouch

First post :)

Using a Bravia 32S3000 @ 1360x768 and a Driving Force Pro. Just got the DFP last week and I'm not really matching my old times with the xbox 360 pad yet. hopefully will get better eventually.
Surprised how many people use TVs

• Matt Alpeter

Indeed some of them Im really envious of!!! Wish I could run my resolution higher but unfortunetly I get terrible overscan with my 8800 via the HDMI cable.....Just wish I could afford my wheel sooner!!!!

use the HDTV port on your graphics card and hook up component, that will eliminate the overscan since it is designed for that.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.