Resolution, Monitor/LCD, Input Device

J

Jason Parks

• Jason Parks

Hiya,

Just wanting to get feedback on what monitor/HDTV etc people are using for GTR Evo...

Also what resolutions you are running?

Lastly what input device, ie steering wheel, joypad, keyboard :O???

Im on Samsung 26" HDTV >HDMI running @1280x720 60Hz(720p) which looks very nice indeed, but only using a playstation imitation controller, which is pants!!

cheers

• Chris Standring

22" IIyama TFT @ 1680x1050, x1950xt 512mb

Logitech Driving Force Pro but upping to a G25 at the end of the month :)

• Jason Parks

Also using EVGA 8800GT 640Mb, I have to run native res, anything over 1280x720 and I get overscan :( Which is an issue running 8800's thru HDMI and early HDTV's......Bummer

22" IIyama TFT @ 1680x1050

Having had a couple of their monitors in the past, I got an Iiyama E2201W for my wife to work on alongside her laptop ... man they really are fantastic monitors :thumb:, far far better image quality for work and graphical reproduction than the 2 x 22" 226BW Samsungs I have on this machine (which tend to give me retina burn no matter how I set them up!!)

The two screens I have are wired up at native resolution (1680x1050) to two Nvidia 512MB 8800GT's (ie. one to each card to load balance under dual view) ... use Sli when required, but dual view with Race/Evo so that I can drop telemetry tools (Simview or Real time telemetry) on the 2nd screen.
Controller ... logitech momo force red (G25's grandad :wink:) ... no, not the crappy rubberised cheapo one, this has hand stitched leather baby :p

(ohhh I can see I am in for it now :pound:)

I run 4200x1200 on 3 screens, with softTH...
A 24 inch Eizo in the middle, two tilted 17"dells on the side.

Some examples of my setup can be found here...
In the meanwhile i upgraded the mainvideocard, so i have even better framerates now.

Attachments

• cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 250
  • cockpit2.jpg
    cockpit2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 216
I run 4200x1200 on 3 screens, with softTH...
A 24 inch Eizo in the middle, two tilted 17"dells on the side.

Some examples of my setup can be found here...
In the meanwhile i upgraded the mainvideocard, so i have even better framerates now.

Cool stuff, i been saving some money for a triplehead setup too, The savings are there , now i just wait to move into my new home i bought, cause in my current house i haven't got the room for it. That's gonna happen round januari, cant wait man ... Wanna buy the screens now , but thats useless.
Now i just do alot of research, wich screens to buy , i think the ag_neovo Hw22 22" or Samsung 2243BW 22" cause these screens have thin frames.

Anyone with tips about these perticular screen, fire them , much appriciated.

btw , now i run 1280x1024 on a 19" Geforce 8800GTS 512mb
and the wheel i use is a Thrustmaster RGT Force with no clutch.

Which Video card do you have? ATI or NVIDIA?

I now have a Nvidia GTX260 + 7900GT.
As Ati does not go further than 4096 pixels wide or height.

I prefer the 2 tilted monitors to 3 widescreens.
In my opinion the image will be to stretched with 3 widescreens, especially with Race07/GTR Evo.
As the fov can't be set lower than 80%.
Wich is just acceptable on such a wide image.
GTR2 and rFactor can set the fov all the way down to 35%.
But GTR2 will not run online on this resolution

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back