Redline Stars: Careers

Career Redline Stars: Careers 1.6.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
the strange thing is that it feels like the FFB is different , and the graphics seems to look different too.. when I launch the game via the content manager or via RSC launcher.

Or do I need to have the content manager open too? or is that just my feeling, that it is different??
I almost have the exact same problem.

The FFB is different for me as well while playing Assetto Corsa 'via' Redline Stars Careers (graphics wise I don't see a difference). I think I figured out what it is though.
It seems to me that "use extended physics" (an option in Content Manager (drive - single - quick and then left on your screen, a few 'rows' under your chosen car)) doesn't transfer over to RSC, at least on my end. This of course could be in line with what Noonecares11 said a while back. That being: "some features which CM "injects" may not work". I figured this out (after deleting and 'reinstalling' RSC a few times, exactly how Noonecares11 described that we should do it, on several occasions).) by trying the first Mazda Cup race on Laguna Seca in RSC, and after that testing the same combo via Content Manager (drive - single - quick). I did this with al sorts of different weather & track state variables, just to be sure.

So, I hope that there is a fix for this/ us two (Ctothez & me (since we are the only ones experiencing this and/ or being vocal about this)).

All the best & thank you for giving us a custom single player experience for AC, Noonecares 11. Splendid work!

Last edited:
I almost have the exact same problem.

The FFB is different for me as well while playing Assetto Corsa 'via' Redline Stars Careers (graphics wise I don't see a difference). I think I figured out what it is though.
It seems to me that "use extended physics" (an option in Content Manager (drive - single - quick and then left on your screen, a few 'rows' under your chosen car)) doesn't transfer over to RSC, at least on my end. This of course could be in line with what Noonecares11 said a while back. That being: "some features which CM "injects" may not work". I figured this out (after deleting and 'reinstalling' RSC a few times, exactly how Noonecares11 described that we should do it, on several occasions).) by trying the first Mazda Cup race on Laguna Seca in RSC, and after that testing the same combo via Content Manager (drive - single - quick). I did this with al sorts of different weather & track state variables, just to be sure.

So, I hope that there is a fix for this/ us two (Ctothez & me (since we are the only ones experiencing this and/ or being vocal about this)).

All the best & thank you for giving us a custom single player experience for AC, Noonecares 11. Splendid work!
Glad you like it overall

I get that it's annoying that certain things are different between CM/RSC, but like I've mentioned before, it's not due to lack of motivation on my end, CM simply does not provide an option for outside apps to launch a custom race "through it". It's just not possible to do. If there was a way, an option to use CM would already be in RSC, it is what it is.

Hi there, thank you so much for making this. I'm sorry if this is a noob question but I've tried everything in my capacity to figure this out and am yet to find a solution. While trying to open the .exe file, it does nothing. I just get a loading circular cursor for a second or two and it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Hi there, thank you so much for making this. I'm sorry if this is a noob question but I've tried everything in my capacity to figure this out and am yet to find a solution. While trying to open the .exe file, it does nothing. I just get a loading circular cursor for a second or two and it does nothing. Any suggestions?
That's a new one, never heard anyone have a similar problem. Do you have sufficient disk space on your drives?
I highly doubt there's a problem with the app because it always throws an error, it's likely that windows just closes it. Naturally it's tough to debug these things since every system is different, anti-virus software comes into play and stuff. If you're on Windows 11 - try running with admin privileges, otherwise your best bet is to look into Windows logs and see why the app dies.

Hello @noonecares11 so from what i understood, using random weather option it will never rain, because rain is not a builtin AC option.
But i got all the other SOL options in default AC. Like rain, and CSP preview.
So, is there a way to make it rain randomly?
Why your app can't just chose what's inside the weather folder?

Last edited:
Hello @noonecares11 so from what i understood, using random weather option it will never rain, because rain is not a builtin AC option.
But i got all the other SOL options in default AC. Like rain, and CSP preview.
So, is there a way to make it rain randomly?
Why your app can't just chose what's inside the weather folder?
Simple answer is - it just didn't get developed. More complex answer is that not being able to run AC through CM (CM does not support it) and having to use vanilla AC with rain enabled would likely cause issues

Last edited:
Simple answer is - it just didn't get developed. More complex answer is that not being able to run AC through CM (CM does not support it) and having to use vanilla AC with rain enabled would likely cause issues
There is no need to launch AC throu CM.
I can launch normal AC (from steam) and select rain weather, and I WORKS. It rains.
One image is better than 100 words:

Untitled-1.png

I tried putting the files of "sol_35_rain" inside "1_heavy_fog". Well it works, it rains randomly. You app calls heavy fog randomly, but it rains because i put sol rain files.
So you could just make a little modification on your app:
best thing would be to have two options in career setup, one "random weather without sol/pure", another "random weather with sol/pure".
And that's it. Lot of players would be very happy.
Another suggestion, since there are a LOT of sol weather types, too much, maybe you can pick just some, like:
sol_00_no_clouds
sol_01_clear
sol_02_few_clouds
sol_03_scattered_clouds
sol_05_broken_clouds
sol_06_overcast
sol_12_fog
sol_34_light_rain
sol_35_rain
sol_36_heavy_rain

or, you chose... keeping in mind that rain or thunderstorm should have lesser probability then clear/cloudy.

Hope it helps to improve your cool app.

I tried putting the files of "sol_35_rain" inside "1_heavy_fog". Well it works, it rains randomly. You app calls heavy fog randomly, but it rains because i put sol rain files.
So you could just make a little modification on your app:
best thing would be to have two options in career setup, one "random weather without sol/pure", another "random weather with sol/pure".
And that's it. Lot of players would be very happy.
Another suggestion, since there are a LOT of sol weather types, too much, maybe you can pick just some, like:
sol_00_no_clouds
sol_01_clear
sol_02_few_clouds
sol_03_scattered_clouds
sol_05_broken_clouds
sol_06_overcast
sol_12_fog
sol_34_light_rain
sol_35_rain
sol_36_heavy_rain

or, you chose... keeping in mind that rain or thunderstorm should have lesser probability then clear/cloudy.

Hope it helps to improve your cool app.
Sounds like you solved it then lol

First of all, not everyone's AC installation is the same, rain itself is quite complex. For example: grip levels, tyre choices for different cars, etc all come into question once you add rain into the equation.

Do you know what the most common mistake is with this mod? People not reading what folders they need to select and selecting the wrong ones. Now imagine if there was a rain support checkbox, it would be hell trying to debug people's AC installations to get rain working for them.

Above all else though, mod is not in the development anymore. I'm only here to help people get it running and atm don't plan on making new features.

Since simply replacing the folders works for you - just do that and enjoy it!

when I opened the app for the first time "windows protected your pc" popped up I ran the app anyway and followed the instructions still it says this, tried running as administrator didnt work either. I have tried multiple times but it hasnt worked yet. Im on win11 and freshly installed AC and CM, yet to run AC can that be a problem?

EDIT: Yep ran the game for few seconds and followed the same instructions after closing it working just fine :) Still can you explain why the windows pop up and flagged as malicious on totalvirus?
Screenshot 2024-03-25 174852.png
Screenshot 2024-03-25 180724.png

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play