PC1 Reaction to the newer builds

I have been avoiding pCARS for a while, because of problems with input lag and laggy graphics at the lowest settings. I decided to give it another try this evening as I had nothing to do. I'm glad I did, as it is massively improved since I last tried it a couple of months ago. I think some fine tuning with regards to my ffb settings and this could be great fun. I'm looking forward to this game, mostly on the consoles, because if there isn't going to be modding, I'd rather have it on there anyway. So to the detractors, I urge you to give it another shot. They are getting there.

I wonder why I can. Anyway that's okay, they are cheaper then G27s (but not crap!) and still, I am competitive when I need to be. So much for "cheap" wheels.;)

Then the nutters at pcars are ignorant or exaggerating again.
I was just driving the 2007 F1 mod at spa in EVO, and that's one hell of a machine, but pcars FA is just plain bad in comparison.

Anyway, I probably won't dl another build until it's a proper PC spec.

I can say that the FFB varies per car so my Logitech G27 with the Formula A feels pretty solid at this stage in development and the Ariel Atom V8 and Caterham R500 feel amazing, actually. The LMP-style cars and production cars (Pagani, Gumpert) feel pretty numb at the moment. However, I've never driven ANY of these cars so what do I know?

You seem to have a good feel for FFB, David. Go to the Controllers sub-forum on the WMD portal and tinker with FFB settings for your wheel of choice. The people who use the same wheels are honing in on what works and what doesn't and that is being transferred to the new defaults in the builds.

Being community driven really does mean they need our help to develop it in areas such as FFB - same as with rFactor 2 Beta.

Then the nutters at pcars are ignorant or exaggerating again.
I was just driving the 2007 F1 mod at spa in EVO, and that's one hell of a machine, but pcars FA is just plain bad in comparison.

Anyway, I probably won't dl another build until it's a proper PC spec.

You're doing something wrong, I found the solution for the bad physics and ffb.
I discoverd the AI control of the driver car and I can play it for hours and look at the beautifull grafics.

This game is great.

Quote is completely out of context.

DFGT is quite good wheel. Quality for 100-something euros is good, paddle buttons are not so good (although they do their job once you get used to) and the pedals of course lack resistance like a real pedal or modified. Still on most wheel / pedal sets you use them simply as positional. So even if it may be one of the cheapest mainstream FFB wheel (not that there are any besides the thrustmasters??) that doesn't make it bad.

Quote is completely out of context.

There is no "context". It was a copy/paste of David calling pCARS forum members "nutters" and "ignorant". In what context would that be considered OK?

Folks here get their knickers in a twist and plead for mod intervention whenever anyone uses inflammatory language against them, but seem to have no problem throwing around the same comments about the folks over in the pCARS forums.

There is no "context". It was a copy/paste of David calling pCARS forum members "nutters" and "ignorant". In what context would that be considered OK?

Folks here get their knickers in a twist and plead for mod intervention whenever anyone uses inflammatory language against them, but seem to have no problem throwing around the same comments about the folks over in the pCARS forums.
The context is if * something something " then "the nutters at pcars are ignorant or exaggerating again"

I think it was about physics again. Doesn't really matter.

I didn't say it's OK just that you quoted it out of context.

LOL, I've been online for 11yrs, and in all that time, not once have I ever asked for moderator intervention{other than when one fool was spamming with huge walls of text}, IOW, I always fight my own battles.

Some of the genuine nutjobs are comparing pcars console physics{you've acknowledged this yourself}, with rf2's dedicated PC physics and claim there's not much in it, but many knowledgeable sim racers consider rf2 to be the best sim and the one with the most potential, yet many knowledgeable sim racers don't even grant pcars sim status whatsoever.....so that's the context of what I refer to, the sheer and utter BS spouted by the ignorant or those who's only concern is return on investment.

I don't believe Pcars will be a sim of the calibre of GSC 2012 despite probably 3x the budget, but it's more than likely pcars can and will be a decent racing game, F1 2011 with a gamepad is probably a decent racing game, too bad it sux balls on both my steering wheels.

Do me one favour though....I beg you, please don't ask if I've tried the latest builds, LOL.

I would just like to remind everyone though what it says about pcars on the slightly mad studio's web site.....

I also remember before rfactor 2 and pcars was released, someone from wmd said "Pcars is going to crap all over rfactor 2"

:rolleyes:

You can polish a dog doo, as often as you like (make it look as shiny as you like) but that the fact remains "its still dog doo"

If your making a game (then make a game) dont go about saying "its going to be the best SIM ever" if all your making is an arcade game.

I checked with pCARS and no one from WMD has said pCARS is going to crap all over RF2. Therefore that must be a lie.

Adrian all you have done is put up a lot of pretty pictures and for all I know they do not apply to pCARS or will not in the future. If you are trying to speak from a position of authority then be clear. Are you saying that pCARS physics is as the game side of your charts and will also be in the future?

Where do I start, nutters, ignorant, well I'm not going to go back through all your posts but let me put it this way. It has been nothing but vitriol, no proofs and nothing to do with a new builds discussion. Mostly you bang on about GSC and rf2. Well I'm not a fan of GSC and I do like RF2. That has nothing to do with pCARS builds or of any use to people who wish to discuss this. I'm too busy to go through all your posts but, as you can see from the replies you have gathered, you are rude and insulting. I am now going back to play, for the umpteenth time, call of duty because I can't post about my favourite sim on my favourite site without drawing poison from you, and your other haters.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.