PC1 Reaction to the newer builds

I have been avoiding pCARS for a while, because of problems with input lag and laggy graphics at the lowest settings. I decided to give it another try this evening as I had nothing to do. I'm glad I did, as it is massively improved since I last tried it a couple of months ago. I think some fine tuning with regards to my ffb settings and this could be great fun. I'm looking forward to this game, mostly on the consoles, because if there isn't going to be modding, I'd rather have it on there anyway. So to the detractors, I urge you to give it another shot. They are getting there.

Ouch, pre-Shift technology? How should I interpret it? As being better because EA cooked Shift up? I doubt that! Or worse because old tech is getting sold on the software market for the price of a new product but actually is a step backwards in comparison to Shift? It's easy to see that the great SMS engine is in use.:giggle:

Gives me even more hope for the final Project Cars build. lol

We also kill kittens Marcel.

Actually it's pre Shift tech.

It's a game for Atari with the Test Drive license. Really guys, what did you expect?
I think the same game would be better with not just race tracks (also of course TDU fans miss TDU-ish environments). Depending on how long you did work on it under the "TD" flag of course I can't blame you guys for that. As a track racing game it lacks a few things (and these guys gave it 1/5 points for AI - ouch :redface: ) and on the other hand as a "pure" TD game as well.

I think the same game would be better with not just race tracks (also of course TDU fans miss TDU-ish environments). Depending on how long you did work on it under the "TD" flag of course I can't blame you guys for that. As a track racing game it lacks a few things (and these guys gave it 1/5 points for AI - ouch :redface: ) and on the other hand as a "pure" TD game as well.
It's not a TDU series game though, so TDU fans are expecting things with no real justification. The TD series has been all over the map anyway, including the Test Drive Off-Road, V-Rally spin off and even stuff like Test Drive Le Mans, so I really couldn't blame them on those grounds.

But yeah, from the reviews it doesn't sound like it really works as a TD game either.

True. I put the TDU stuff in brackets because I know TDU but not much about the other TD games. (I remember the first 2 TDs but they are hardly enjoyable by todays standards IMHO)

It just would have fitted the style of the game especially the Ferrari road cars :)

Hmmm, it still saddens me to read some of the comments at WMD regarding our apparent lack of knowledge wrt what is or isn't a sim, but the thing I try and stress is that to some degree, the finer details don't matter much if the car doesn't feel like a car, and some if not all of the pcars vehicles are center sprung.

Whether you drive the GSC Camaro or rf2 F2/3's, the cars feel like each end is independent, so that when you slide the rear of the camaro, it feels like two wheels sliding from the back of the car, but in pcars, it mainly feels like the car pivots off a center force......thankfully that's the console version, and who knows, even that might be improved, but I can't imagine too many people are ever going to rate a center sprung driving model as sim, especially when great vehicles like the Camaro, rf2 F2/3, Evo C6R, RACEON US Muscle Cars and literally scores of other sim cars already exist as reference points.

Another thing the best sims do is simulated braking FFB, and once again the Camaro is a real champ here, as is it's impressive weight transfer whether simply changing direction or sliding out, but pcars feels quite tame under brakes.

It's almost like there's a disconnect between what Ian was saying regarding the improvements coming to the PC spec, and how some WMD members judge the console spec, ie, they actually believe the console spec is at PC sim standard.

We are on a sim racing forum. And I ass.ume you can't interpret writings correctly. ;)

Stop wasting energy here.

Oh and hey, it's good to read that you're putting energy into sim racing, specifically endurance racing, hear hear; bad thing though, others don't have to brag about it. lol
Clearly you cant interpret writings correctly as well. I wasnt bragging, just stating that im nuts about sims like the rest of you, but i also support pcars. Some of you make it out as if only arcadey gamepad drivers support pcars. Yes this is a sim racing forum that includes dirt 3 forza and gt5, yet no one is on those forums shitting on them for not being hardcore. I dont know who you think you are but you are just anoher wannabe to me. Why dont you stop wasting your energy here. You rarely add anything productive to the conversation.

Hmmm, it still saddens me to read some of the comments at WMD regarding our apparent lack of knowledge wrt what is or isn't a sim, but the thing I try and stress is that to some degree, the finer details don't matter much if the car doesn't feel like a car, and some if not all of the pcars vehicles are center sprung.

Whether you drive the GSC Camaro or rf2 F2/3's, the cars feel like each end is independent, so that when you slide the rear of the camaro, it feels like two wheels sliding from the back of the car, but in pcars, it mainly feels like the car pivots off a center force......thankfully that's the console version, and who knows, even that might be improved, but I can't imagine too many people are ever going to rate a center sprung driving model as sim, especially when great vehicles like the Camaro, rf2 F2/3, Evo C6R, RACEON US Muscle Cars and literally scores of other sim cars already exist as reference points.

Another thing the best sims do is simulated braking FFB, and once again the Camaro is a real champ here, as is it's impressive weight transfer whether simply changing direction or sliding out, but pcars feels quite tame under brakes.

It's almost like there's a disconnect between what Ian was saying regarding the improvements coming to the PC spec, and how some WMD members judge the console spec, ie, they actually believe the console spec is at PC sim standard.
I wish i understood what you mean by braking ffb. I get no force feedback under braking in any sim. I know when im driving rfactor, the lmp2 as of late, i get a sense of the threshold of the brakes. That point where they just about lock up and you regain control as you release. Pcars doesnt have this feeling with the higher downforce cars. Do you get FFB in your wheel while braking?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.