PC1 Reaction to the newer builds

I have been avoiding pCARS for a while, because of problems with input lag and laggy graphics at the lowest settings. I decided to give it another try this evening as I had nothing to do. I'm glad I did, as it is massively improved since I last tried it a couple of months ago. I think some fine tuning with regards to my ffb settings and this could be great fun. I'm looking forward to this game, mostly on the consoles, because if there isn't going to be modding, I'd rather have it on there anyway. So to the detractors, I urge you to give it another shot. They are getting there.

Codemasters worse by the game? When have they ever made a sim racing game? and the Dirt/Mcrae series + F1 series have become better by the game from the majority point of view. SMS did Shift 1 and Shift 2, now they are doing pCARS which is in a completely different league of more realistic and sim like than those previous titles.

I think there is a situation with some people who want to be sad and agry at the world and convince themselves of these things regardless of what is or isn't happening. Right now is the best time to be a sim racer, best time since the start of sim racing, it is all happening right now.

Rfactor 2
Assetto Corsa
GTR 3
Project CARS
Simraceway

To name just a couple of the in development/soon to be released sims.

Right now is the best time to be a sim racer, best time since the start of sim racing, it is all happening right now.

Is it really, none of these games are out yet or are WIP and some still 1 year away.

My favourite sim at the moment is Driver San Francisco on Xbox, not sure how I missed that one, it reminds me of the old Driver crossed with Crazy Taxi, loving the 60fps, although someone told me all driving games on console are 30fps.

Is it really, none of these games are out yet or are WIP and some still 1 year away.

My favourite sim at the moment is Driver San Francisco on Xbox, not sure how I missed that one, it reminds me of the old Driver crossed with Crazy Taxi, loving the 60fps, although someone told me all driving games on console are 30fps.
Of the 5 titles Ryan listed, 3 are playable in some form (mainly BETA) - rFactor2, Project CARS and SimRaceway, so I'm not sure how you can say they are 'not out yet' unless you are referring to them as finished products.

Another he listed, Assetto Corsa, has had a recent build played at Gamescom 2012, so from the list only GTR3 is the one that hasn't seen the light of day. As SimBin are soon to be releasing their RaceRoom Racing Experience in the next few weeks, I guees GTR3 may be a while away yet.

;)

Right now is the best time to be a sim racer, best time since the start of sim racing, it is all happening right now.

Rfactor 2
Assetto Corsa
GTR 3
Project CARS
Simraceway

To name just a couple of the in development/soon to be released sims.

Actually, no.

Go back a few years, Ryan.

We had GPL-based efforts by the community, then came F1C, GP4, NR2003, GTR, GTL, rFactor, GTR2, iRacing, LFS, NKP.

Some of you look at the what we potentially have now and think "wow, this is the best time ever", all the while merrily forgetting about racing sims that actually started the revolution with much improved physics and graphics.

Today's sims are evolutions of that era.

Those sims from the "past" started it all.

And by the way, you missed (oddly enough) one of the best racing sims ever made, one that even today is improving and marvelling people: GSC.

Actually, no.

Go back a few years, Ryan.

We had GPL-based efforts by the community, then came F1C, GP4, NR2003, GTR, GTL, rFactor, GTR2, iRacing, LFS, NKP.

Some of you look at the what we potentially have now and think "wow, this is the best time ever", all the while merrily forgetting about racing sims that actually started the revolution with much improved physics and graphics.

Today's sims are evolutions of that era.

Those sims from the "past" started it all.

And by the way, you missed (oddly enough) one of the best racing sims ever made, one that even today is improving and marvelling people: GSC.

The difference is that because we now have all these new games coming out, the old great sims don't magically just disapear. Personally I think we are reaching the next evolution in sims and perhaps to a point where we will finally see a genuinely realistic sim, or atleast the closest thing to it.

The only thing that is missing is the next title to take over where Richard Burns Rally left off. GSC is already out, has already been out for a while, I wasnt aware it was an "in development/beta" title, if that is the case then add it to the list, it only reinforces what has been said.

Now is also a time where Sim Racing is becoming more mainstream, the general quality accross the board is increasing, and awareness of it is increasing. I still genuinely think that now and in the near future is the greatest time to be a sim racer.

Based on my game ownership and demo sampling, the physics and FFB are now at their peak, we also have a situation where Game Stock Car and some of the Netkar pro cars are very easy to drive for an experienced sim racer, ie, first few laps the cars seem quite grippy in comparison to other sims, of course, once you try and up your speed, the quality of physics and FFB kick in even further but you've got a challenge on your hands.

To me, GSC own the tin top space, and rf2 are probably going to own the open wheelers, but we still have games from the Simbin range which are so loaded with content, that I find myself continuing to drive them.

My longterm hope is that Simbin, Reiza, Kunos combine and release sims with 25-30 tracks and 25+ cars+ DLC, but the cars must be of proper sim standard, I don't want to go backwards to accommodate content.

My attitude remains the same as it's been since I've learnt about the sim industry, ie, I'm happy to pay more for Reiza quality physics, and IMO, that should unfold as $50-$60 game cost plus a nice supply of DLC, up to $150-$200.....and being that I could SP and MP a sim of this caliber and content for years, a longterm cost of $150-$200 is insignificant.

:roflmao:
I cant resist but to post and agree with them.

"Shame on you SMS" stop writing BS about your ARCADE GAMES, if its a game then say its a game.
The worst thing about PCars is that SMS have got the racing community to lie and rip off the racing community.
Nothing like stabbing yourself in the back and then paying for the privilage.

Someones got to i guess. I just dont understand why. If you dont see something as sim as you want it to be, than why bother with it at all? No amount of arguing against pcars is going to change the minds of those that like it, so why waste the energy? I dont like gran turismo but im not in their forum telling them its not a sim. Im not trying to be a dick here but it seems foolish to waste energy on negativity, especially on the level that the pcars forum has shown.

We are on a sim racing forum. And I ass.ume you can't interpret writings correctly. ;)

Stop wasting energy here.

Oh and hey, it's good to read that you're putting energy into sim racing, specifically endurance racing, hear hear; bad thing though, others don't have to brag about it. lol

Actu
That to me is just another SHIFT game. It looks and sounds exactly the same to me. PCars will be just like that IMHO.
Actually it's pre Shift tech.

It's a game for Atari with the Test Drive license. Really guys, what did you expect?

PS David, your hating is reaching OCD proportions. Please make an effort to improve or we'll remove you permanently. Like it or not, if you can't understand that pCARs is in development and that you are a member of the development team, we won't want you involved. I'm only asking for a little balance. Not one attitude in our forum and another everywhere else.

Cheers!

Ouch, pre-Shift technology? How should I interpret it? As being better because EA cooked Shift up? I doubt that! Or worse because old tech is getting sold on the software market for the price of a new product but actually is a step backwards in comparison to Shift? It's easy to see that the great SMS engine is in use.:giggle:

Gives me even more hope for the final Project Cars build. lol

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea