RDRC S5 Round 1 - Rally de Monaco (2nd - 5th March)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first chance to perform in the TTFR Team. Team manager Tyrone Frith offered me a full season drive in the new Lancer Evo X. I proudly signed the contract. Sadly I got a rupture on my right achilles and doctors have forbidden car driving for three months. Right leg and foot in a big package makesit it easy to keep the throttle to the floor but more heavy to lift off.
Normally The Monaco Rally would be as my home territory, but now when I have to lift my whole leg for long moments, it became very hard work...
I knew I had to be careful at SS1, but maybe I was a bit overloaded and hit a tree on the downhilln section. DNF.
On the second stage I went over the edge and rolled down from the slope from the highest point of the mountain. Spectators helped me up again. Incredibly I lost only one minute and the car was almost unhurt.
From SS3 I could settle in a more calm rhytm. Found myself battling for seconds with famous stardriver Magnar Harstadsveen (in a weaker 2WD car), which was very interesting. This battle came to an end at SS13, when I once again went over the edge and rolled several times. CFH and this time the car became hard to drive. This punished me on the Powerstage. I tried my best but had a spin. No powerstage-points for me, but as this was a difficult rally I hope to score some championship-points, at least for the team.

That was some incredible rally yesterday. Quite a long one in the FWD car, and as Magner mentioned he hit some trouble very early on. So there was some pressure from the team to finish well, with no mistakes. I must be honest though, with many commenting on how difficult the conditions are. Well for me, I came to this rally knowing it will be my strongest event of the season.

I can't say I pushed on every stage, but thats not what you do on a rally like this. When I felt more comfortable, the times were ok. But it was more important to make it to the end without any drama, and I've done just that. Hardly a scratch on the old girl. I barely know the Mlynky stage, but to run it in the dark was simply terrifying!

When it came to the power stage, I had made no mistakes through the whole rally. So to try push for the stage win would be stupid. It was a good run, but I was almost 2 seconds slower than Magner. Bravo, you may just pick up the extra 3 points.

Thanks to the organisers, we've got the workings of a great season this year. Looking forward to the next event. Good luck to everyone still to run, you'll thank yourself for not pushing. :thumbsup:

It wont let me start my online session because my RS center isnt up to date. I didnt even know there was an update

There's a GUI 1.6 update that's required. I don't think Update 2 is required (it's in RSR site not auto-update like the 1.6)? Install both asap, it's not that huge of an update

EDIT: BTW, I find it amusing that I can tell who many of you are just by your flags ;)

I had a bit of a nightmare run last night! First 3 stages were slow and careful, then i went on a bit of tilt. Finished 9 out of 14 stages in total, including one annoying DNF 0.5km from the end of Peklo 1, when my engine decided to die after hitting an invisible object on the inside of a hairpin! I was never a fan of the Monte mod so i'm looking forward to the next round!

Cheers to the organisers!

Screwed up the times, I'll be running tomorrow evening. I should remember I should be here by 21:00 CET, not close before 21:15:rolleyes:

TBH, Rallysim has made the Citröen and Ford very good, the Mini and especially the VW don't feel that good, be it turning or handling on snow for example:(

I got surprised by the 1.6 update aswell, it gave me an error message in-between.

EDIT: Still tells me there is an update but it doesnt show more. Is it Update 2 or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes